News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

TWG XLI: Gotta Lynch 'em All!

Started by Bird, October 08, 2012, 02:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FSM-Reapr

We have time, especially if we get a potential wolf now.
Just share your thoughts, I'm sure it doesn't change anything.

Toby

Alrighty, anyone care explaining this Targeting this?

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: Bird on October 08, 2012, 02:28:02 PMEvery player has the option to "target" another player. You can change your target at any time, as many times as you want. If you are lynched, the color of your targeted player is revealed to the thread.

Toby

Read that, is that all that's to it though?

FSM-Reapr

Mashi

I was going to comment on the pbworks thing until vermilionvermin decided to beat me to it while I was editing my essay, jerk!!! :(

But anyhow, with gzgregory's mistake of defending himself for viewing messages and not sending a message, alongside the lack of a pbworks update, it's very likely that he's a Wolf.  Good job catching that, FSM-Reapr!

I think, however, that we should tell him to a oracle a Player before Instaing him.  If he's a Wolf, he'll hopefully obey.  If not, then we guarantee that he's a Wolf, since a Human would have no reason to disobey.  If we do end up trying to decide whom to oracle, I would suggest BlackDragonSlayer or SlowPokemon, the former for believing that FSM-Reapr may be lying about catching gzgregory sending a message, as well as his delaying of his vote "until tomorrow" [today] (not to avoid an Insta or not be impulsive, but as if to see developments tomorrow to see whether voting was beneficial) only to proceed to make an excuse of desiring to vote for someone else, and the latter for the stance that sending a message may not be suspicious and then suddenly changing his mind later on and voting for gzgregory.

Also, the Boy Who Cried Wolf, we don't know which Pokemon is assigned to which Role (so yes, random), so we can't ascertain anything from associating pictures with Roles.  And even if we could, we wouldn't be permitted to abuse mechanics like that in the game (though, we've taken measures to avoid being able to in the first place, hence why pictures and Roles aren't identified with each other in the Role List).

Dude

Before I vote Gzg, how many until insta?

Mashi

Two votes.
I want to discuss who to oracle and wait for gzgregory to send the PM before we do so, however.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Mashi on October 10, 2012, 12:55:55 PMBut anyhow, with gzgregory's mistake of defending himself for viewing messages and not sending a message, alongside the lack of a pbworks update, it's very likely that he's a Wolf.  Good job catching that, FSM-Reapr!

I think, however, that we should tell him to a oracle a Player before Instaing him.  If he's a Wolf, he'll hopefully obey.  If not, then we guarantee that he's a Wolf, since a Human would have no reason to disobey.  If we do end up trying to decide whom to oracle, I would suggest BlackDragonSlayer or SlowPokemon, the former for believing that FSM-Reapr may be lying about catching gzgregory sending a message, as well as his delaying of his vote "until tomorrow" [today] (not to avoid an Insta or not be impulsive, but as if to see developments tomorrow to see whether voting was beneficial) only to proceed to make an excuse of desiring to vote for someone else, and the latter for the stance that sending a message may not be suspicious and then suddenly changing his mind later on and voting for gzgregory.
1: Have you even taken into account... the word "scapegoat"? One can never be too cautious.
2: Remember last game? I was a bit too impulsive when I voted for FSM in the first round. I wouldn't like to repeat that mistake.
3: I want to see how people vote, so that I have more information to go on when I'm trying to find out who's a wolf and who's not. If gzgregory isn't a wolf, nearly everybody (not counting me and him, for the purpose of gathering data) will vote for him.
4: If I were a wolf, I would have voted already, to ensure that my opinion would be deeply rooted into players' minds.
5: You are not taking into account all possibilities, except those about a limited number of people who stand out from the crowd. I have three suspects... :P
6: If you really want to oracle me, I have no objections.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Mashi

1. Yes.
2. No.
3. That's what I said made you suspicious.
4. You may not in order to attempt to avoid lynching a partner.
5. Possibilities are being singled out.  They're all being accounted for.  And generally, if you're suspicious of persons, you voice out why!
6. Okay.

blueflower999

I really feel that stalking the "Who's Online" thing isn't a very good way to play TWG. It just seems cheap to me. Sure, it's one thing if you just happen to see someone sending a message, but really, if we're all watching that constantly when we're online, that would seem pretty unfair for the wolves.

Now, please don't jump on me for saying that. Just don't expect me to be doing the same.

As for Gz, I agree with the rest of you that he is probably a wolf. Gz, if you are a wolf, I'm sorry that you were caught in such an unfair manner. I'll hold off on voting to avoid an insta, for now.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Mashi

There are ways around Whois Online, however.  gzgregory just handled being caught improperly, I feel.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Mashi on October 10, 2012, 01:18:19 PM1. Yes.
2. No.
3. That's what I said made you suspicious.
4. You may not in order to attempt to avoid lynching a partner.
5. Possibilities are being singled out.  They're all being accounted for.  And generally, if you're suspicious of persons, you voice out why!
6. Okay.
2: ...
3: ...because I don't want to lynch a human accidentally?
4: Wolves do or don't know each other? A bit confusing...
5: I guess I better voice my thoughts before I'm wolfed for knowing too much/lynched for being too suspicious. :P Also, what (now, this is just a theory) if gzgregory was sending a message not to avoid the humans, but to avoid the wolves?

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Mashi

2. Numbers are frivolous.
3. Because, if you were a Wolf, you would want to realise whether lynching your partner was inevitable.  There can be Human reasons to restrain a vote, but the manner in which you expressed your wish to wait before voting is what makes me suspicious of you.
4. They do know each other.  This has been established for a while now.
5. How would sending a message avoid either party?

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Mashi on October 10, 2012, 01:30:46 PM2. Numbers are frivolous.
3. Because, if you were a Wolf, you would want to realise whether lynching your partner was inevitable.  There can be Human reasons to restrain a vote, but the manner in which you expressed your wish to wait before voting is what makes me suspicious of you.
4. They do know each other.  This has been established for a while now.
5. How would sending a message avoid either party?
3:
Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 10, 2012, 12:02:32 AMI'll probably vote in the morning... if poor gzgregory hasn't been lynched by then... :o
Quote from: Mashi on October 10, 2012, 12:59:12 PMI want to discuss who to oracle and wait for gzgregory to send the PM before we do so, however.
5: Sending a PM to another human; if very few/no players would be on at that time, nobody would know it was sent, except the person who received it.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber