News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

TWG XLI: Gotta Lynch 'em All!

Started by Bird, October 08, 2012, 02:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mashi

Quote from: SocialFox on October 14, 2012, 09:41:35 PMRemember last time I tried to post my suspicions.
And time Before that.
No, and no.
Make a suspicion list.

Anyway, I'm almost done with my suspicion list, but I wish to discuss the games with Players in the chat before finalising it, so come to the chat to discuss!!!

SlowPokemon

Chat log between Mashi and I.

20:29      *** slow joined #TWGNSM
20:29   Vera   omg slowpokemon
20:29   slow   hello
20:29   Vera   Yaaay.
20:29   slow   finally got some time
20:29   Vera   Suspicions???
20:29   Vera   Can you stay for long?
20:29   slow   I've been playing Pokemon all weekend and I worked tonight
20:29   slow   Honestly, I
20:30   slow   would like a chance to explain to you in person, so to speak, why you shouldn't be suspicious of me.
20:30   slow   Then suspicions afterward.
20:30   Vera   Okay.
20:30   slow   That is, if that's all right with you.
20:30   slow   Okay.
20:30   Vera   Sure.
20:31   slow   The alleged reason that many are suspicious of me, which FSM (who misread the topic) was spreading around, was that I defended Greg and then went back when others started voting him.
20:31   slow   Let me break down what actually happened.
20:32   slow   1. FSM posts in the thread that we should lynch Gregory because he was sending a message on Who's Online.
20:32   slow   That's the worst reason to lynch someone I've ever heard, besides "he looked at me funny."
20:33   slow   I send messages regularly that have nothing to do with TWG; that doesn't make me a wolf.
20:33   slow   2. I posted basically that I wasn't going to rush a lynch on Gregory just because he sent a message.
20:33   slow   3. FSM and others accuse me of defending Gregory, when really it had nothing to do with him.
20:34   slow   4. Gregory posts his defense that "I was reading through my messages to try to edit my wiki."
20:34   slow   We've already discussed why this makes no sense whatsoever: not only did it specify SENDING a message rather than READING one, his wiki page hasn't been updated in weeks.
20:35   slow   5. I place a vote on Gregory after seeing his defense.
20:35   slow   6. FSM and others tell me that I "suddenly changed my mind" and "bandwagoned" and direct suspicion toward me.
20:36   Vera   I think your chronology is a bit out of place.
20:36   slow   Which part?
20:37   Vera   I think 4 comes after 3; there was a point after gzgregory's defence when you were against using Whois Online. I'll get the post.
20:37   slow   OH WOW
20:37   slow   I did not see his post until after I posted!
20:37   slow   omg
20:37   slow   you DO have reason
20:37   slow   all right
20:37   Vera   Yeah.
20:38   slow   okay, I haven't prepared a suspicions list but you're pretty much off of it now.
20:38   Vera   Except, that wasn't my reason.
20:38   Vera   For being suspicious of you.
20:38   slow   wait a second
20:38   Vera   When you asked me what I thought of you, I even told you I was leaning Human before you voted for me.
20:38   slow   even if that was the case, the holes in his defense weren't revealed until after my post
20:38   Vera   http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=4894.msg172317#msg172317
20:39   slow   but anyway, that was because I was unaware of the chronology and thought you should have no reason to even lean toward wolf
20:39   Vera   http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=4894.msg172380#msg172380
20:39   Vera   There's not enough data to confirm whether you were Wolf or Human!
20:39   slow   Hmm
20:39   slow   All right then
20:40   slow   It seems I'm the one that hasn't been reading carefully.
20:40   slow   Let me review the player list a moment so I don't miss anyone.
20:41   slow   All right, I'm ready for some mild analysis.
20:41   slow   4. Dude
20:41   slow   (I'm listing everyone)
20:41   slow   he hasn't played much this game, only dropping in occasionally to make relevant comments.
20:42   slow   I don't really lean wolf with him. I've played with him as a wolf several times, and he plays much differently, rarely showing up at all!
20:42   slow   Though this may be because he has more free time, I'm leaning human.
20:42   slow   5. BlackDragonSlayer
20:42   slow   VERY active.
20:43   slow   A bit overanalytical, though this isn't a bad thing.
20:43   slow   I can't recall him being in a game before; is it his first?
20:43   slow   Either way, he seems to be trying very hard. I'm not sure if that's an overachieving wolf or an overachieving human.
20:44   Vera   I think this is his second game
20:44   Vera   .
20:44   slow   I have a weird feeling about him, but nothing concrete as of now.
20:44   slow   Spyro
20:44   slow   Shows up "ready to play" and then never comes back.
20:44   slow   -_o
20:44   slow   not sure what to make of that, quite honestly.
20:45   slow   He's either a human, bored by the game and figuring the other humans will take care of it, or a wolf, staying very under the radar (this was ETF's favorite strategy).
20:45   slow   Undecided, but I'd be likely to vote him since he wouldn't be much use to us even as a human.
20:46   slow   SocialFox
20:46   slow   I need to look back at his post. I recall him leaving, then returning.
20:46   slow   posts*
20:46   slow   I don't recall anything particularly humanlike.
20:47   slow   Or wolflike. XP again, I've been sort of skimming through the thread as I play Pokemon.
20:47   slow   blueflower999
20:47   slow   Been tentatively active.
20:48   slow   It almost seems like he's afraid to post too much. Let me look back at his posts really quick.
20:48   slow   "Somehow, seeing how the wolves seem to be picking the most obvious wolfing choices, it seems to point me towards the direction of a beginning TWG player. That along with Gz not targeting him, my best suspicion now is BDS"
20:48   slow   This post was surprisingly well-thought-out, and I have to say I'd agree with it.
20:49   slow   Although, I'm not sure that it's because he's a beginning player.
20:49   slow   The wolf obviously knows something about TWG; keeping me alive directs suspicion away from him.
20:50   slow   spitllama seems human. I doubt he's the master wolf.
20:50   slow   The Boy Who Cried Wolf
20:50   slow   An interesting fellow, to say the least.
20:50   slow   He's a mafia player, no? He seems like he knows a lot about the game.
20:51   slow   And I'm not a wolf, if Bird is to be believed.
20:51   slow   Also going back to BDS
20:51   slow   This statement was odd:
20:52   slow   "Think about it for a moment: If I were a wolf, I wouldn't have picked vermilionvermin... I would have picked SlowPokemon, Mashi, or a semi-inactive player."
20:52   slow   It doesn't make any sense, quite frankly!
20:52   Vera   It doesn't!
20:52   slow   Like I said, there's a fair bit of suspicion directed at me, so a strategic wolf would keep me alive.
20:53   slow   And there's no reason to wolf you either, since I showed brief suspicion toward you.
20:53   slow   Wait I skipped you.
20:53   Vera   
20:53   slow   But I'm 90% sure you're human.
20:53   Vera   Yaaay.
20:53   slow   I think I'm going to vote BDS.
20:54   slow   Will you post this log or shall I?
20:54   slow   And who's to send it to Bird?
20:54   Vera   You can, if you want.
20:54   Vera   You need to post more in TWG anyway!!!
20:55   slow   Yeah.

BDS, for reasons stated above.

Tl;dr: I have an uneasy feeling about him and don't quite know what to make of that statement.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Mashi

1. gzgregory - Lied that he was viewing PMs for the PBWorks Board, but did not address his sending PMs, nor the lack of a PBWorks Board Update.
2. spitllama - My suspicion of spitllama arose from when he was revealed.  I feel that he and gzgregory are exactly the type of Players to pull a gambit like that, hoping to frame other Players for the inexperienced mistake; gzgregory poisoned himself in Snakes On A Plane, for example.  Revealing him, if he were the Master Wolf, would be an idea so ridiculous that I'm sure he would go through with the plan to attempt to throw people off.  I also feel that his opinions on Players are too basic.  He's mainly suspicious of BlackDragonSlayer, along with inexperienced and inactive Players.  I feel that he's trying to make an easy scapegoat of such Players to avoid any confrontations with people like vermilionvermin (who's dead) and me.  I also didn't like one comment he made in the chat in which he claimed that "[2012-10-14 21:16:16] <spit> So Verm and I established that you are most likely human. And he's obviously human so is whatevs."  I haven't really done much at all to this point in the game and there's really little evidence pointing towards my humanity, with the exception of the argument that the Wolves are inexperienced, an argument that I find weak.  Furthermore, he was suspicious of TheBoyWhoCriedWolf; I think that when a beginning Player makes a post saying "Let's reveal our Pokemon and ascertain the Wolves through the counterclaims," he probably isn't a Wolf.  spitllama could have missed it, sure, but I give him enough respect to pay at least that much attention to the game.
3. SlowPokemon - Although I found his restraint towards voting for gzgregory with mostly ambivalence, that ambivalence changed when he became suspicious and voted for me simply for not believing that his actions weren't suspicious, even though I responded to him in a post that my feelings towards him were leaning Human; his accusation was based on an erroneous belief!  I also find it odd that he voted for me when vermilionvermin had voted for him a few posts before him (I hadn't even voted to that point in time!); why not be suspicious of him, he's more skilled than me, after all. nvm  Just had a discussion with him and SlowPokemon just seems to have made a few honest mistakes that made him out to be suspicious.
4. SocialFox - Hasn't done anything.  Bandwagoned spitllama though, which I find suspicious.  He may just be lazy or impulsive though.
5. Spyro - Hasn't done anything.
6. Dude - Hasn't done much.
7. blueflower999 - The few posts of his that I've read reflect independent thinking, I feel.  His reaction to the FSM-gzgregory case, for example, was that of suspicion against gzgregory, but of conscious restraint for an Insta, just in case.  He also mentions his dislike of Whois Online, taking note that he didn't wish for anyone to become suspicious of him for stating that; I don't believe that a Wolf would make such a post consciously knowing that it was suspicious.
8. BlackDragonSlayer - When I bickered with him a bit at the beginning of the game, I felt that his responses were sincere and Human, despite how wild I believed his thought process was.  I feel that his thought process is comparative to that of Zunawe as a Human; exhausting all possibilities, despite how farfetched they may be.  I don't think that a Wolf would try so hard to do so.
9. Kman96 - I'm
10. The Boy Who Cried Wolf - http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=4894.msg172102#msg172102
11. FSM-Reapr - hi i caught a wolf night 1 and was wolfed for it night 2 and was super pro and UBER DRAGONITE
12. vermilionvermin - VULPIX
13. Bubbles7689 - SQUIRTLE
14. Mashi - PIKACHU

Also, we should all discuss whom we plan to target.  I think that everyone should target the same person and we should decide who's targetted by italicised vote or chat consensus or something.  At the moment, I would like to reveal someone inactive, such as SocialFox, Dude, or Spyro, because we have no information on them and probably won't any time soon.

Discuss.

Mashi

Apparently, the forum became possessed and erased my description of Kman96!!!

Anyway, the description was something like how the only reason I could possibly find him suspicious is for his Bubbles oracling (which is useless and only 'logical' as a Wolf, but at the same time frivolous because it would reveal one as a Wolf, which could also possibly mean that he was a Human who made a mistake), but that he was probably Human otherwise.

spitllama

Meh...

I'm quickly losing interest in the game. As one of like 14 other humans, the opportunity cost of my time is way too high to argue for my humanity.
If you're going to lynch me, just do it. I can see why I look suspicious. I'll reveal whoever you guys request and that'll be that.
I'm sorry for the quitter attitude-- it was my fault to sign up for a manhunt in the first place :X
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

SlowPokemon

Sorry to be picky, but I must contradict you and say this isn't quite a manhunt--though I find manhunts more engaging typically anyhow.

Kman96

Party Hard!
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

"2. I posted basically that I wasn't going to rush a lynch on Gregory just because he sent a message."

That's what I did... but now everyone seems to suspect me.

"This post was surprisingly well-thought-out, and I have to say I'd agree with it."

That's one thing wrong with it: It seemed TOO well thought out.

"'Think about it for a moment: If I were a wolf, I wouldn't have picked vermilionvermin... I would have picked SlowPokemon, Mashi, or a semi-inactive player.'
'It doesn't make any sense, quite frankly!'"

Care to explain? If I were a wolf, I would not have picked to wolf vermilionvermin. I would have picked someone else, someone who wasn't 'beneficial' to me; someone who suspected me and could possibly lead an effective lynch against me, yet, if wolfed, would not shed direct suspicion on me.
Think about it for a moment...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

I've thought about it several times and still don't see how it makes much sense. :/

Also, I don't understand your comment about Blueflower's post being "too thought out."

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 15, 2012, 07:04:54 PMI've thought about it several times and still don't see how it makes much sense. :/

Also, I don't understand your comment about Blueflower's post being "too thought out."
It makes no sense how it makes no sense to you. :P Unless you're not seeing what I'm trying to say...

...let's say we're in a different game...
Let's say I'm a wolf... and blueflower is a human...
If I wanted to set up a trap to make people not suspicious of me, I wouldn't just rush out there and think up with words on the fly; I would think things out, then make them seem as natural as possible.

Now, back to earlier points:
If I were a wolf, I would have voted for gzgregory, even if he was a wolf: at the time when it's almost an insta, as vermilionvermin brought up, anyone who steps up to try and defend the potential wolf is put into the spotlight. I mean, why fight for a lost cause and be the next possible one to be lynched? The problem is, so many people at the time voted for gzgregory, it was hard to tell who's who. But now, as more people have been wolfed off, it's easier to decide the facts.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yugi

Can I just post my suspicions.

Anyway, greg was almost 100% wolf, so wry reveal spitlama.

Answer, spitt may be a wolf.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SocialFox on October 15, 2012, 10:07:48 PMCan I just post my suspicions.

Anyway, greg was almost 100% wolf, so wry reveal spitlama.

Answer, spitt may be a wolf.
Suspicions are encouraged! Don't be afraid to voice your feelings...
but look where that's gotten me...  :-\

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yugi

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 15, 2012, 10:50:13 PMSuspicions are encouraged! Don't be afraid to voice your feelings...
but look where that's gotten me...  :-\
It's just a weird running trend for me, I always seem to die before I post my suspicions, and my suspicions are normally correct.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SocialFox on October 15, 2012, 10:59:21 PMIt's just a weird running trend for me, I always seem to die before I post my suspicions, and my suspicions are normally correct.
...same with me...
Except for the fact that I don't usually die... :P
But then again, I've only been in two TWGs (including this one, which has yet to end)...

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yugi

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on October 15, 2012, 11:44:30 PM...same with me...
Except for the fact that I don't usually die... :P
But then again, I've only been in two TWGs (including this one, which has yet to end)...
THEN IT'S NOT A TREND.
Also in chat.