News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Sebastian's Arrangement Library

Started by Sebastian, October 19, 2012, 08:26:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you see this?

Yes
Yes

mikey

unmotivated

Sebastian

new thread...

Sebastian

Are there any songs on my to-do list you would like to see completed before others?
If not....I'm just gonna go in order :)

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Sebastian

braix

Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Sebastian

Ok then :)
I'll do that one after I finish Gourmet Race

Sebastian

Super Smash Bros. Melee
Dreamland NEW!!!
[ZIP]

Original:

Please tell me if there is any mistakes :)

Hey zoroark1264, I hope to have Delfino Square done soon :)

braix

Jompa

Measure#34: here you have forgotten the stuff that comes on the fourth beat - y know, that B-flat-major chord that leads on to the next part.

Measure#41: accidentals. It's a C-flat-major-triad, so use C-flat instead of B-natural.

You have quite a lot of wrong chord progression.
Take this knowledge with you: In this song it's quite simple to see what's wrong because of the bass (which you got right). And that is because; for every chord the bass generally only plays two notes, and those are the root and the fifth of the chord. So out of that it's easy to see what the chord progression is just from the bass.

You had wrong chord progression in these measures:
#39: the first half of the measure is F-minor, while the second half is B-flat.
#47: the first half of the measure is F-minor.
#48: as the bass suggests, the chord progression goes to E-flat in this measure, not B-flat.
#49: sure yeah, it's a D-triad, BUT it's not a D-diminished-triad, EVEN THOUGH that's what the key signature suggests. In this measure, for the sole purpose of "sounding better", this song leaves it's key signature for a moment and uses a D-minor-triad.
#50: you are on to something when you use a G-minor instead of a G-major in the first half of this measure - because yeah, it's not a G-major before the second half of the measure. However, it's not a G-minor in the first half of the measure - it's a G-suspended chord.
Birdo for Smash

Sebastian

Quote from: Jompa on March 01, 2014, 10:44:37 AMMeasure#34: here you have forgotten the stuff that comes on the fourth beat - y know, that B-flat-major chord that leads on to the next part.

Measure#41: accidentals. It's a C-flat-major-triad, so use C-flat instead of B-natural.

You have quite a lot of wrong chord progression.
Take this knowledge with you: In this song it's quite simple to see what's wrong because of the bass (which you got right). And that is because; for every chord the bass generally only plays two notes, and those are the root and the fifth of the chord. So out of that it's easy to see what the chord progression is just from the bass.

You had wrong chord progression in these measures:
#39: the first half of the measure is F-minor, while the second half is B-flat.
#47: the first half of the measure is F-minor.
#48: as the bass suggests, the chord progression goes to E-flat in this measure, not B-flat.
#49: sure yeah, it's a D-triad, BUT it's not a D-diminished-triad, EVEN THOUGH that's what the key signature suggests. In this measure, for the sole purpose of "sounding better", this song leaves it's key signature for a moment and uses a D-minor-triad.
#50: you are on to something when you use a G-minor instead of a G-major in the first half of this measure - because yeah, it's not a G-major before the second half of the measure. However, it's not a G-minor in the first half of the measure - it's a G-suspended chord.
Thanks!!
I knew there was quite a bit wrong. Its kind of a hard song....

FierceDeity

Quote from: mariolegofan on March 01, 2014, 08:02:40 AMStupid right?

Not on my laptop right now, so I can't look at the arrangement (although it seems Jompa pretty much covered everything), but I really want to clarify. What college do you have absolute knowledge that you're going to in 2-3 years that has NSM blocked? Because it sure as hell isn't college in general; several people on this site are currently in college. Hell, I've been at college for the majority of my time on here.
...I'm pretty sure most colleges don't have anything blocked O.o

mikey

Quote from: FierceDeity on March 01, 2014, 02:53:35 PMNot on my laptop right now, so I can't look at the arrangement (although it seems Jompa pretty much covered everything), but I really want to clarify. What college do you have absolute knowledge that you're going to in 2-3 years that has NSM blocked? Because it sure as hell isn't college in general; several people on this site are currently in college. Hell, I've been at college for the majority of my time on here.
...I'm pretty sure most colleges don't have anything blocked O.o
Yeah colleges shouldn't have anything blocked, if they do then there's something wrong with it.
HIGH SCHOOLS HOWEVER...  I went to this one school that had NSM blocked for "game".
>.>
unmotivated

Sebastian

Quote from: Jompa on March 01, 2014, 10:44:37 AMMeasure#41: accidentals. It's a C-flat-major-triad, so use C-flat instead of B-natural.

You mean measure 42?

Sebastian