News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Pokemon Showdown!

Started by FSM-Reapr, November 02, 2012, 08:25:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nebbles

Entry hazards are very helpful, and honestly, it's what makes my bug team have an advantage at times. If I can set up 3 layers of spikes, a stealth rock and two layers of toxic spikes, the opponent is screwed beyond all belief.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

BonusPwnage

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Roz~ on November 11, 2012, 12:56:14 PMStealth Rocks = one of the best moves in the game competitively speaking, and who would be dumb enough to let one of their Pokemon take a super effective hit when you can switch out and tank the hit with another 'mon. Also it's called predicting, and it's what good players do.
Because people rely on it. They don't battle; they just keep switching out to sustain themselves as long as possible so that the opponent will be killed by toxic. If you try the same thing, to do the technique on them, your Pokemon are bombarded. It degrades to the point where it's not even strategy, just a matter of luck and who manages to move first. My Sandslash has Rapid Spin, but barely gets the chance to use it.

EDIT: We need a Pokemon with an ability that destroys all entry hazards upon coming out. Does such an ability currently exist? :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BonusPwnage

Well maybe you just need to get a Pokemon with more speed, or keep lvling it up if it's not maxed out yet.

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on November 11, 2012, 01:43:34 PMEDIT: We need a Pokemon with an ability that destroys all entry hazards upon coming out. Does such an ability currently exist? :P
Magic Coat.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: BonusPwnage on November 11, 2012, 01:45:27 PMWell maybe you just need to get a Pokemon with more speed, or keep lvling it up if it's not maxed out yet.
:P We're talking about the Pokemon Showdown website. :P
And that's the thing. If I dedicate most of my EVs to speed, my other stats aren't as balanced, meaning that the opponent's Pokemon will STILL be faster than me (in most cases), and STILL be stronger than me (in terms of other stats, I probably outdo them, but with hazard-spamming-and-retreat-methods, it doesn't matter).

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on November 11, 2012, 01:53:05 PMMagic Coat.
That's a move, not an ability. If you can't use the move, then it's useless to have.

EDIT: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Magic_Bounce_(ability) You mean Magic Bounce?

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FSM-Reapr

Oops, my bad. I meant Magic Bounce.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on November 11, 2012, 02:01:20 PMOops, my bad. I meant Magic Bounce.
Thank you! :)

I'm going to have fun decimating opponents whose whole strategy revolves around hazards. :P

EDIT: Team Barrier Breaker. Centers around "breaking barriers," hitting hard with physical attacks (some special, to catch the opponent off guard and balance the team), and countering super-effective types. The stats listed are the EVs+ for each.

Espeon - Leftovers - Magic Bounce
Shadow Ball - Hidden Power Fire - Signal Beam - Psychic
HP: 106 / Sp. Atk: 150 / Speed: 252 / Bold Nature

Machamp - Choice Scarf - No Guard
DynamicPunch - Ice Punch - Stone Edge - Payback
Atk: 100 / Defense: 56 / Sp. Def: 100 / Speed: 252 / Jolly Nature

Metagross - Wide Lens - Clear Body
Meteor Mash - Hidden Power Water - Hyper Beam - Scary Face
HP: 4 / Sp. Atk: 252 / Speed: 252 / Hasty Nature

Haxorus - Leftovers - Mold Breaker
Dragon Claw - Hidden Power Fire - Earthquake - Draco Meteor
Sp. Atk: 252 / Sp. Def: 4 / Speed: 252 / Modest Nature

Ludicolo - Quick Claw - Rain Dish
Ice Beam - Hidden Power Ground - Rain Dance - Surf
HP: 200 / Def: 56 / Sp. Atk: 252 / Timid Nature

Escavalier - Focus Sash - Shell Armor
Mega Horn - Iron Head - Hidden Power Water - Poison Jab
HP: 100 / Def: 56 / Sp. Def: 100 / Speed: 252 / Jolly Nature

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yugi

I made a team based off my character in K-Nights Pmon adventure.

FSM-Reapr

lol we should totes make a NSM Pokemon Adventure Tournament

Roz~

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on November 11, 2012, 02:03:24 PMThank you! :)

I'm going to have fun decimating opponents whose whole strategy revolves around hazards. :P

EDIT: Team Barrier Breaker. Centers around "breaking barriers" and hitting hard with physical attacks (some special, to catch the opponent off guard and balance the team), and countering super-effective types. The stats listed are the EVs+ for each.

Espeon - Leftovers - Magic Bounce
Shadow Ball - Hidden Power Fire - Signal Beam - Psychic
HP: 106 / Sp. Atk: 150 / Speed: 252 / Serious Nature

Machamp - Muscle Band - Guts
DynamicPunch - Ice Punch - Stone Edge - Hidden Power Dark
Atk: 100 / Sp. Atk: 100 / Sp. Def: 56 / Speed: 252 / Jolly Nature

Metagross - Wide Lens - Clear Body
Meteor Mash - Hidden Power Water - Hyper Beam - Scary Face
HP: 4 / Sp. Atk: 252 / Speed: 252 / Hasty Nature

Haxorus - Leftovers - Mold Breaker
Dragon Claw - Hidden Power Fire - Earthquake - Draco Meteor
Sp. Atk: 252 / Sp. Def: 4 / Speed: 252 / Modest Nature

Ludicolo - Quick Claw - Rain Dish
Ice Beam - Hidden Power Ground - Rain Dance - Surf
HP: 200 / Def: 56 / Sp. Atk: 252 / Timid Nature

Escavalier - Occa Berry - Shell Armor
Mega Horn - Iron Head - Hidden Power Water - Poison Jab
HP: 100 / Def: 56 / Sp. Def: 100 / Speed: 252 / Jolly Nature

First off, change Espeon's nature. In which stat does Espeon need no investment? Attack, because it's a Special attacker. You can go for a nature that reduces your attack, but boosts something else. Overall, neutral natures are bad and they shouldn't be used.

Machamp @ HP Dark
What
No... just no. Go for Payback. Machamp is not meant to be a Special attacker, so HP Dark won't do anything to opposing Psychic types. Also, you could just switch out to Escavalier to threaten opposing Psychic types. I think that overall the HPs you put on your Pokemon are bad because you put them on Physical attacker; even if you live a super effective attack, you won't really hurt them in return. Basically Risk vs. Reward: The reward wouldn't be worth it because you'd be taking a lot of damage without really doing any to your opponent.
Machamp with Guts and DynamicPunch? Not gonna work either. DP only has a 50% chance to hit, so it's too much of a gamble to use if your Ability isn't No Guard. If you really want to use guts, go for Drain Punch. Also run Flame Orb to get the Guts boost. If you want to use No Guard, then you can go for Choice Band or even Lum Berry.
Also Quick Claw is the worst item ever. I suggest using Leftovers on your Ludicolo instead, since you'd get more HP back in rain. I'd replace HP Ground with Giga Drain, since it'd be freaking annoying with Lefties + Rain Dish, and it's STAB.
Haxorus is meant to be a Physical attacker. I've seen some Specially based Haxorus, but it's just bad compared to a Physical one. If you want a Special attacker, go for Latios or Hydreigon.
Omg do not use Hyper Beam. It's like the worst move ever in competitive play. Again, risk vs. reward: Is it really worth it? Not really. Even if you're max Sp. Atk, you're a Metagross. You probably won't KO the opposing Pokemon, and you'll lose a turn 'cause you need to recharge.

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on November 11, 2012, 04:50:40 PMlol we should totes make a NSM Pokemon Adventure Tournament
That would be pretty cool =P
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Roz~ on November 11, 2012, 05:11:29 PMFirst off, change Espeon's nature. In which stat does Espeon need no investment? Attack, because it's a Special attacker. You can go for a nature that reduces your attack, but boosts something else. Overall, neutral natures are bad and they shouldn't be used.

Machamp @ HP Dark
What
No... just no. Go for Payback. Machamp is not meant to be a Special attacker, so HP Dark won't do anything to opposing Psychic types. Also, you could just switch out to Escavalier to threaten opposing Psychic types. I think that overall the HPs you put on your Pokemon are bad because you put them on Physical attacker; even if you live a super effective attack, you won't really hurt them in return. Basically Risk vs. Reward: The reward wouldn't be worth it because you'd be taking a lot of damage without really doing any to your opponent.
Machamp with Guts and DynamicPunch? Not gonna work either. DP only has a 50% chance to hit, so it's too much of a gamble to use if your Ability isn't No Guard. If you really want to use guts, go for Drain Punch. Also run Flame Orb to get the Guts boost. If you want to use No Guard, then you can go for Choice Band or even Lum Berry.
Also Quick Claw is the worst item ever. I suggest using Leftovers on your Ludicolo instead, since you'd get more HP back in rain. I'd replace HP Ground with Giga Drain, since it'd be freaking annoying with Lefties + Rain Dish, and it's STAB.
Haxorus is meant to be a Physical attacker. I've seen some Specially based Haxorus, but it's just bad compared to a Physical one. If you want a Special attacker, go for Latios or Hydreigon.
Omg do not use Hyper Beam. It's like the worst move ever in competitive play. Again, risk vs. reward: Is it really worth it? Not really. Even if you're max Sp. Atk, you're a Metagross. You probably won't KO the opposing Pokemon, and you'll lose a turn 'cause you need to recharge.
That would be pretty cool =P
1: Espeon is now Bold.

2: Payback would ruin the point of even having a Dark type move in the first place. Because, if Machamp is hit by a significantly strong Psychic type, it won't even have a chance to use it, especially with No Guard (not to mention, that, in some cases, Machamp may move before the target). No Guard was my second choice, but it's crazy to use unless I have guarenteed speed and attack most of the time. Flame orb JUST to get the Guts boost is against what I had the ability for.

3: Actually, Quick Claw is a great item, especially with low speed Pokemon (I've always used it in the games, from Crystal onwards). Choice Scarf locks the user into using one move, which is entirely against the point of trying to attack opponents in a logical way. Giga Drain would make Ludicolo less effective against fire-types (and other types), giving only one move to damage them.

4: I'm not going for a Haxorous with Superpower/Outrage-style moves. You seem to be forgetting the main purpose for this team: it's not just to smash through the opponent (which results in imbalance, which allows the opponent to literally sweep us)...

5: Yes, I'm using Hyper Beam. The move that can smash through opponents and rip apart those with terrible Sp. Defense. Metagross's Defense (and slightly lower Sp. Defense) allows me time to recharge, if I don't use it just to finish off the opponent's last Pokemon.

Time to test the team out and possibly adjust based on results! :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Shadoninja

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on November 11, 2012, 06:04:39 PM2: Payback would ruin the point of even having a Dark type move in the first place. Because, if Machamp is hit by a significantly strong Psychic type, it won't even have a chance to use it, especially with No Guard (not to mention, that, in some cases, Machamp may move before the target). No Guard was my second choice, but it's crazy to use unless I have guarenteed speed and attack most of the time. Flame orb JUST to get the Guts boost is against what I had the ability for.
That's why you don't let it get hit by psychic moves.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

BlackDragonSlayer

Haha! I won two battles... because the opponent forfeited before the battle began...

I guess they got too intimidated. :P

EDIT: Fought a real battle. Main weakness is the fire-type. Occa Berry did nothing; might as well not have had any item.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Shadoninja

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on November 11, 2012, 06:04:39 PM5: Yes, I'm using Hyper Beam. The move that can smash through opponents and rip apart those with terrible Sp. Defense. Metagross's Defense (and slightly lower Sp. Defense) allows me time to recharge, if I don't use it just to finish off the opponent's last Pokemon.
Ok. I send in Scrafty, use Dragon Dance while you need to recharge and then use Drain Punch to 2HKO you.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman