News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Bloop's Compositions

Started by Bloop, November 10, 2012, 05:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

(Saving for idea I need to come up with)

need two choices
10 (71.4%)
darn
11 (78.6%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Bloop

Yay, thanks!

Another song, after a week break because I had fever :(

Jompa

Wow, together; all your songs are really tarting to tell a story! :)
Good work
Birdo for Smash

Bloop

Bloop

Oh damn. The original idea of the poll was that you can change your votes, because you might like a newer song more than another... Turns out you can't. :-\. I can't delete the poll or change the voting style.

Jompa

I was over at you channel on YouTube, and saw your unfinished compositions video :P
I really liked Forgotten Forest, A Capella, No She Said, and Titi ti ti tii :)
Birdo for Smash

Bloop

Thanks! (I don't like those ones that much, but whatever)

New song!

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

Bloop

Bloop

Two new ones! I like them I lot myself.

Btw, a small idea I just came up with for the poll; What if I reset the poll every first day of the month and make a post with the top 3 songs from the month (or put them in another spoiler tag in the first post)?

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bloop

Thanks!

Another song:

EDIT: I also fixed Dreaming:

Bloop

Oohh god I love this one.

And I think I'm going for the idea I posted a few posts ago. March is almost over now, so yeah.

Jompa

This, Bloop - is a musical masterpiece!
It is splendid, amazing!

The only critique I have isn't even something you should bother with!:
don't care about this, I just feel obligated to because I am a wind instrumentalist..
I just want to point out that when one writes for piccolo, it is usually playing in very high register. The register you have chosen here for the piccolo is in an area where the piccolo wouldn't even be audible.
I would suggest moving the piccolo part up an octave (at least) - and where you don't think this fits, you should just remove the piccolo, because having it playing in that low register together with the other instruments is pointless; no one would have a chance of hearing it, and the piccolo's role is up in the altissimo register anyways, so it wouldn't be any reason to use a piccolo there in the first place - the flute would be more appropriate.
And if you are worrying about the piccolo's register: it can go EXTRMELY high! So that shouldn't be a problem!

Then there is the voice - I don't really know too much about singing, but at measure 93 to 101 and 117 to 125 it is going very high isn't it?
I mean, it's probably no problem for a woman soprano, but a woman soprano could have trouble with the low part - I know sopranos have trouble maintaining a nice sound in the low register.
I think the contrast between the super high part and the low part is too big for one normal singer's register to cover it properly. And it also limits it to a woman singing, too (unless that's what you were going for).
Might not sound as epic, but I think you should change it to one octave lower at measure 93-100 and at measure 117 to 125.

Also, the trombones (again, this is totally unnecessary to change, but I am obligated to point this out):
A normal tenor trombone (which is the normal kind) aren't supposed to be able to play under low E. I know lots of trombonists, and I have an understanding that there is a pedal register where one can reach the lower notes, however this is quite hard and uncontrollable.
At some bass riffs you go past the low E.
I would suggest changing the second trombone to a bass trombone (just like a normal trombone, but designed so it can more easily reach the lower register), because then it wouldn't be a problem for that trombone.
And the first trombone should be changed up an octave where needed! I know it sounds a bit stupid to say this; but it will sound as epic! I promise!! :D

[close]
Other than that is seriously is a musical masterpiece!
Birdo for Smash

Bloop

Quote from: Jompa on March 27, 2013, 08:34:04 AMI just want to point out that when one writes for piccolo, it is usually playing in very high register. The register you have chosen here for the piccolo is in an area where the piccolo wouldn't even be audible.
I would suggest moving the piccolo part up an octave (at least) - and where you don't think this fits, you should just remove the piccolo, because having it playing in that low register together with the other instruments is pointless; no one would have a chance of hearing it, and the piccolo's role is up in the altissimo register anyways, so it wouldn't be any reason to use a piccolo there in the first place - the flute would be more appropriate.
And if you are worrying about the piccolo's register: it can go EXTRMELY high! So that shouldn't be a problem!
When I was writing this song, I wrote the piccolo one octave higher when I clicked "Display in concert pitch". When turning it back into the normal pitch, Finale replaces the notes an octave lower than played (I guess for ottava-saving purposes). I manually did this the same for the horns, because those were pretty high in their normal pitch, and I was sure it wouldn't sound as great as it is now.
Btw, this is also the case in the contrabass and the contra bassoon, but the notes are an octave higher as played.

Quote from: Jompa on March 27, 2013, 08:34:04 AMThen there is the voice - I don't really know too much about singing, but at measure 93 to 101 and 117 to 125 it is going very high isn't it?
I mean, it's probably no problem for a woman soprano, but a woman soprano could have trouble with the low part - I know sopranos have trouble maintaining a nice sound in the low register.
I think the contrast between the super high part and the low part is too big for one normal singer's register to cover it properly. And it also limits it to a woman singing, too (unless that's what you were going for).
Might not sound as epic, but I think you should change it to one octave lower at measure 93-100 and at measure 117 to 125.
I'm doing this stuff more often for the 'epic' feeling: I see my compositions as a first draft. When this will ever be a real song, I would write the higher parts (First 2 couplets + 93-100 and 117-125) an octave lower. The singer could just song with more feeling.

Quote from: Jompa on March 27, 2013, 08:34:04 AMAlso, the trombones (again, this is totally unnecessary to change, but I am obligated to point this out):
A normal tenor trombone (which is the normal kind) aren't supposed to be able to play under low E. I know lots of trombonists, and I have an understanding that there is a pedal register where one can reach the lower notes, however this is quite hard and uncontrollable.
At some bass riffs you go past the low E.
I would suggest changing the second trombone to a bass trombone (just like a normal trombone, but designed so it can more easily reach the lower register), because then it wouldn't be a problem for that trombone.
And the first trombone should be changed up an octave where needed! I know it sounds a bit stupid to say this; but it will sound as epic! I promise!! :D
I wasn't really aware of this. I'm always trusting the wikipedia pages for the ranges of instruments, and just hope they're probably right. But I listened to a few measures of the song with the first trombone written an octave higher, and I don't really like it. The attack of the trombone isn't as powerful as it should be (or as I'm used to when making the song). So I guess they're both bass trombones, then?

But thank you for the compliments! I really appreciate it. I'm happy at least a few people are listening to my songs.

Jompa

As long as you are fine with things, then that's all that matters.
I think more people should listen to these songs!!
And, did you know - you are 2 hits away 1000 hits on this thread! :P
Birdo for Smash