News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Submissions for Weekly Update #2 (Goes up on Sunday)

Started by The Deku Trombonist, November 18, 2012, 03:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

From now on, there will be 1 submission topic per week. If your sheets get accepted, celeberate!! If not, resubmit them next week. We won't be waiting for everyone's sheets to be accepted. If you've got any questions, feel free to send a PM.

And now, onto submissions (borrowing from your layout, Olimar :P)!

Post a maximum of 2 Submissions, including new ones and replacements.

1) Make a SINGLE post with your two pieces. Any other posts will be deleted. (We have a general questions topic) Discussion about arrangement should take place in individual threads.
2) Submit sheets using ONLY dropbox. It's more efficient and safer than mediafire.
3) Put all of your files (MUS, Midi, and PDF) for each of your sheets in a seperate ZIP file for each sheet.
4) Before posting, be sure that your sheets are in tip-top shape (i.e. formatted to perfection, well arranged, etc.)
5) Your post will be edited with feedback.

Here are the Formatting Rules. Please read & follow them, it makes things easier and it makes the site look more professional. If a sheet is not formatted properly, we may not bother to even look.

Please provide PDF, MUS, and MIDI format, and make sure to write the arranger name in your post, if it is not your own username. Just to avoid mix-ups.

List of Currently Accepted Sheets:

Dudeman

[WII] Animal Crossing: City Folk - "Mr. Resetti's Theme"

Deku: If you can't make the mus file match the PDF because of a lack of a good Finale version or whatever can you at least let us know?
Not sure about the RH, I'll wait for someone else to look at it.

Dudeman: Are you referring to the grace notes? Goshdarnit, I gotta go back and rewrite all my files sometime. I'll see what I can do.

Dudeman: OMG XML TRANSFERRING ACTUALLY WORKED OMGOMG
...fixed.

Deku: 404 file not found error.

Dudeman: Whoops. Link fixed.

[ZIP]

[NDS] The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - "Gage's Duet"
[ZIP]

Deku: Ok

Olimar: Looks good.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

K-NiGhT

[iOS] Angry Birds - "Angry Birds Theme"

[ZIP]

Deku: Formatting.

K-NiGhT: Agh. I'll get to that as soon as I can.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

BonusPwnage

[NDS]Professor Layton and the Curious Village-Puzzle
ZIP:https://dl.dropbox.com/s/9eultj73nraimt3/Puzzle.zip?dl=1

Here's the fixed version of that song. I made the "twinkling" in less awkward spaces, and added harmonies near the end of the song so it's not so plain. While listening to the song, I found harmonies that I didn't see before. The clashing notes can be heard in the actual song, even though it might sound wrong. I hope I got it right this time!

Deku: I talked with Olimar, and it probably makes more sense to not have the twinkly bits at all rather then have them randomly around the place.

Bonus: Okay, the twinkly bits are no more. ZIP: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/9eultj73nraimt3/Puzzle.zip?dl=1

Bonus: Note: I fixed up another measure in Puzzle that just sounded odd. I hope that's okay.
[NGC]Super Mario Sunshine-Delfino Police Theme
ZIP:https://dl.dropbox.com/s/d9akhxn26jdb5mn/Super%20Mario%20Sunshine-Delfino%20Police%20Theme.zip?dl=1
It may not be much, but all the real fan-boys dig this song!

Deku: There are harmonies missing (either that, or some of them sound off).

Bonus: Yeah, it's a little hard to hear what's going on in the background of the song, but I fixed up those harmonies. ZIP: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/d9akhxn26jdb5mn/Super%20Mario%20Sunshine-Delfino%20Police%20Theme.zip?dl=1

Deku: Try this. I just did the first 2 bars. Perhaps consider arranging it a little differently than I wrote, I just did that so I could hear the harmonies more easily.

Bonus: Well this is upsetting...I spent a while trying to figure out the right harmonies, and it seems that while I didn't find them, you got them right. The first two bars sound perfect (good job on that, by the way), so I really don't know how I would write it differently. I really don't want to take credit for work you did, but at this point I'm not sure if I should try again or just go with your notes. Also, what's with those quarter notes at the end? I don't hear them in the actual song. There is a little "lift" type thing at the end that I could add, though.

Deku: Nah, I never take credit for helping people  ;) Also, whole thing

Bonus: Thank you very much!

spitllama

[GCN] The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker – "Phantom Ganon" (replacement) Zip

[GBA] Metroid Fusion – "Crisis Mission" Zip

Deku: There's definitely more harmony notes that can be added eg at 17.

The rhythm in bar 17 is entirely triplet based (so is 13) so no semiquavers.
The top layer of 20 is just crotchet triplets (and 23).

On second thoughts, I'm pretty sure all the rhythms you've written using semiquavers are triplets-based.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

spitllama

[GBA] Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald - "Title: Main Theme" - Bespinben Zip
  • *Note - Layout MUST be Landscape, so as to preserve the 4-bar hypermeter. Do not modify sheet to change to portrait, it WON'T work.

[GB] Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal - "Johto Wild Pokémon Battle" - Bespinben Zip

Deku: Changed enharmonic spellings of 2 notes :P
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

MoboMoga

w. Jompa's editing:
[NDS] Pokemon Black White 2: Join Avenue - Greetings! [ZIP]

Deku: Sounds great. My only issue is with the quaver triplets with multiple notes (4th beat of bars 16 & 32), I'd suggest getting rid of the bottom notes for playability, it's a bit crazy otherwise :P

Mobo: Fixed. And thanks for the advice. :)

Deku: Ok

Bubbles

[NDS] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky - "A Wish for Peace"

Deku: I changed the clefs to normal clefs because those aren't really used in piano music.

[3DS] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth - "File Select"

Deku: Ok.

ZIP

SlowPokemon

[NDS]Professor Layton and the Curious Village - "Professor Layton's Theme" (Replacement)

Deku: There are some grace notes missing around the place and some rhythm grouping issues (bar 8 & 27 and whenever those rhythms re-occur). Maybe some accents on beat 1 & 3 at the start, otherwise it can sound like it's a beat out. Chords in bars 53-56 LH?

[3DS]Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask - "Monte d'Or: Carnival Night"

ZIP

Deku: A few odd chords, mainly near the end. Bar 65 is a D minor chord. Bar 69 technically has a Bb (Cminor/Bb chord) on the bottom but that's up to you. Bar 77 is a an Eb minor chord. The last two bars should be an F Major chord with a resolving suspension (oh, and the melody moves up to an A in the last bar). Bars 29-32 might sound fuller with a 3rd added.

Arranged by Jordan Knapp.

Also, in the Pokémon Black and White section, where the name next to Route 4 says SlowPokemon, I'd like it to say Jordan Knapp. Same goes for HeartGold and SoulSilver's "Pokémaniac Encounter" and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time / Darkness /Sky's "Apple Woods." Thank you.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bloop

[WII] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - "Lord Ghirahim"

Deku: It's easier to read if you use a normal bass clef and notate the low notes using 8vb as opposed to the other way around. Perhaps 12/8 might make more sense as then the bass figure would fall once per bar. Also, the 1st chord in each bar is E-A-B, and the last quaver is B, not an A.

Bloop: Fixed everything, but I don't know what you mean with that E-A-B? I listened to the song multiple times, and I didn't hear anything like a B (except the last quaver).

Deku: Hmm....must be some overtone thing....
Either way, this - Link

Bloop: Yep.

[WII] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - "Lanayru Desert: Past"

Deku: My main question is why do the repeated RH chords come back sometimes with notes missing?

Bloop: The chords are in the original song sometimes louder and sometimes softer.

Deku: But the notes are still there. Also, it sounds a little empty, anything you can do to fill it out more?

Bloop: Tried my best, but the song itself is pretty empty. I updated the link (including your version of Lord Ghirahim)

[ZIP]

JDMEK5

[WII] New Super Mario Bros. Wii - "Overworld 5"

Deku: Uhh whoops sorry. There's just a couple of things to fix up here but I don't really have the time before this update. Just submit these for next week and I'll definitely look at it.

[WII] Super Mario Galaxy - "Course Clear"

[ZIP]
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26