News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

[GCN] Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - "Smorg Battle"

Started by Shadowmario, November 21, 2012, 12:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

KefkaticFanatic

k mlf I have a few things for you

The post you made in this thread is completely appropriate, as you are replying to the request thread with the completed arrangement.  Other legitimate posts would be that you are taking the arrangement (when the request thread is recent/active), or maybe some small discussion about finding the proper source of the song.  Anything further about the arrangement would be in your personal arranger thread.

The issue in the rest of the requests forum is that you are posting to a phenomenal amount of threads that you are either a) taking a request or b) that is is already completed.  If it was something recently completed by you like this thread, then yes you are justified in a post.  However, there is no reason to post in years old threads to inform that the arrangement has been done by some other dude.  If it looks like the thread should be moved to the 'fulfilled' section, PM the mods (preferably the ones that actually work with submissions/requests...) and they'll look into it.

Additionally, it is a little less than reasonable for you to be taking on such a large number of requests at one time.  If you want to actually do so, that is fine, but please refrain from posting in such a large number of threads like you are doing.  The issue here is that all these old, dead topics are being bumped way up to the front page, so somebody that might have posted some request recently might have their post be suddenly buried.

It's good that you are so excited about contributing to the site, but I'm just trying to make sure the requests board doesn't get so cluttered like it is appearing to be right now..

me irl
[close]

Maelstrom

I'm sure he meant well. I'm assuming that he was doing thus to try to slim doen the ammount of threads in the board. He probably doesn't understand that 3 year old threads are no longer considered live request s

Sebastian

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on December 09, 2014, 06:26:06 PMk mlf I have a few things for you

The post you made in this thread is completely appropriate, as you are replying to the request thread with the completed arrangement.  Other legitimate posts would be that you are taking the arrangement (when the request thread is recent/active), or maybe some small discussion about finding the proper source of the song.  Anything further about the arrangement would be in your personal arranger thread.

The issue in the rest of the requests forum is that you are posting to a phenomenal amount of threads that you are either a) taking a request or b) that is is already completed.  If it was something recently completed by you like this thread, then yes you are justified in a post.  However, there is no reason to post in years old threads to inform that the arrangement has been done by some other dude.  If it looks like the thread should be moved to the 'fulfilled' section, PM the mods (preferably the ones that actually work with submissions/requests...) and they'll look into it.

Additionally, it is a little less than reasonable for you to be taking on such a large number of requests at one time.  If you want to actually do so, that is fine, but please refrain from posting in such a large number of threads like you are doing.  The issue here is that all these old, dead topics are being bumped way up to the front page, so somebody that might have posted some request recently might have their post be suddenly buried.

It's good that you are so excited about contributing to the site, but I'm just trying to make sure the requests board doesn't get so cluttered like it is appearing to be right now..
Gotcha!
I understand what you're saying :) 
But I only take a request if I'll have it done within but not over a month. So you dont have to worry about me taking requests I won't fulfill. Thanks for the advice and I will listen to it :)
I will not post like a madman again.
Good Day!