News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Submissions for Weekly Update #3 (Goes up on Sunday)

Started by The Deku Trombonist, November 25, 2012, 01:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

From now on, there will be 1 submission topic per week. If your sheets get accepted, celeberate!! If not, resubmit them next week. We won't be waiting for everyone's sheets to be accepted. If you've got any questions, feel free to send a PM.

And now, onto submissions (borrowing from your layout, Olimar :P)!

Post a maximum of 2 Submissions, including new ones and replacements.

1) Make a SINGLE post with your two pieces. Any other posts will be deleted. (We have a general questions topic) Discussion about arrangement should take place in individual threads.
2) Submit sheets using ONLY dropbox. It's more efficient and safer than mediafire.
3) Put all of your files (MUS, Midi, and PDF) for each of your sheets in a seperate ZIP file for each sheet.
4) Before posting, be sure that your sheets are in tip-top shape (i.e. formatted to perfection, well arranged, etc.)
5) Your post will be edited with feedback.

Here are the Formatting Rules. Please read & follow them, it makes things easier and it makes the site look more professional. If a sheet is not formatted properly, we may not bother to even look.

Please provide PDF, MUS, and MIDI format, and make sure to write the arranger name in your post, if it is not your own username. Just to avoid mix-ups.

List of Currently Accepted Sheets:

Dudeman

[WII] Animal Crossing: City Folk - "Mr. Resetti's Theme"

Deku: If you can't make the mus file match the PDF because of a lack of a good Finale version or whatever can you at least let us know?
Not sure about the RH, I'll wait for someone else to look at it.

Dudeman: Are you referring to the grace notes? Goshdarnit, I gotta go back and rewrite all my files sometime. I'll see what I can do.

Dudeman: OMG XML TRANSFERRING ACTUALLY WORKED OMGOMG
...fixed.

Deku: 404 file not found error.

Dudeman: Whoops. Link fixed.

Olimar: I'd remove the RH part-It doesn't translate well to piano. Also, there are two 32nd notes missing(A & G) that act almost as grace notes to the E(this applies to all measures like measure 1)

Dudeman: Fixed and fixed.

[ZIP]

[NES] Mega Man 6 - "Intro"

[ZIP]

Deku: It's a little unreasonable to expect someone to play repeated semiquavers at this speed (bars 16 & 29). Other than that, good job!

Dudeman: Fixed. And thanks!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Bubbles

[NDS] Professor Layton and the Curious Village - "About Town"

Deku: I think the main issue is cleaning it up, it just kinda looks untidy. Bits like bar 1 are a little confusing to read. Maybe re-writing the layering? Grace notes missing when the melody comes in in bar 3 and wherever that comes back. Rhythm groupings (aim to put a note on beats 1 & 3, using ties). Also at bar 11, there are twinkles missing in the melody.

You've written LH over the Eb's at the start but how are they supposed to be played when it comes back in bar 11? Just something  to ponder over...

Just an idea, maybe for the bit at the start (and when it comes back) consider doing some octave shifting? I dunno, do some experimenting.

Bubbles: I thought you said there were "twinkies" missing in the melody :P I can't add the grace notes since I use notepad. And for the rhythm groupings, anywhere in particular? I only see a few notes that are actually dotted notes with the rest being tied. Do you mean that while I clean it up to keep rhythm groupings in mind?

[NDS] Professor Layton and the Curious Village - "Mysterious Girl"

Deku: I'd go back and check some of the notes, in particular the rolled chords.

ZIP

BonusPwnage

[NDS] Professor Layton and the Curious Village - "Puzzle"

Deku: Halve the note values, it'll be way easier to read. also, what's going on in the 4th & 5th lines? It's unplayable and confusing...

[NDS] Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box - "Folsense"

Deku: Dynamics? Phrasing? Also, check the LH chords, some of them need fixing

Bonus At the moment, I don't have time to do all of these fixes. I'll resubmit the fixed sheets for next update. Thanks for the feedback!

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/q7h2nvynufbwpm3/Professor%20Layton%20and%20the%20Diabolical%20Box-Folsense.zip?dl=1

JDMEK5

[Wii] New Super Mario Bros. Wii - "Overworld 5"

Deku: It seems a bit....sustained (heavy?) maybe some staccatos? I'm thinking mainly the intro and accompaniment. The recurring chords at the ends of bars don't sound quite right...

Overlapping hands in Bar 5 etc...?

JDMEK5: Don't have time to make all those changes by tomorrow. I'm thinking if it isn't too bad, let it through and I'll put together a replacement for next time (hopefully). But I'll leave it to your discretion.

[Wii] Super Mario Galaxy - "Course Clear"

Deku: Perhaps fill out the chords at the start? The run would probably be better notated as a gliss seeing as that's how it would most likely end up being played.
Articulations at the start? There are some long and short notes  ;)

JDMEK5: Done.

Deku: Ummm, this, maybe?

JDMEK5: Very well. I thought you only meant changing from 5ths to full, 3-note chords... (But if you want four, so be it)
Link has been updated.

Deku: Well technically they are 3 note chords, the octave doesn't really count

JDMEK5: Well in the official technique books they're known as four-note chords. :P

[ZIP]
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

spitllama

[GCN] The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker – "Phantom Ganon" (replacement) Zip

Deku: So I finally got around to looking at this. I fixed most of it up, but I still reckon it sounds empty.... Link.

[NDS] Radiant Historia - "Where the Wind and Feathers Return" Zip
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

spitllama

[GBA] Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald - "Title: Main Theme" - Bespinben Zip
  • *Note - Layout MUST be Landscape, so as to preserve the 4-bar hypermeter. Do not modify sheet to change to portrait, it WON'T work.
Deku: Err....nope...playability issues.

[N64] Star Fox 64 - "Start Demo 1 (Starfox Main Theme)" - Bespinben Zip

Deku: Mmmm yeah, looks ok
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Bloop

[MUL] The Sims 3 - "The Sims 3 Theme" - [ZIP]

[WII] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - "Lanayru Desert (Past)" - [ZIP]

Musicman21

[NES] Final Fantasy - "Battle Theme" ZIP

Deku: Mmmm reckon you could include the arpeggio at the start (or probably a simplified version)?
I think there could be more done to spice this up. Nothing flash, just more of what's in the original.

[SNES] F-Zero - "Big Blue" ZIP

Deku: Some of the melody notes sound off.
The opening could maybe be voiced differently to better imitate the original.
The bass line could be beefed up and fixed up (notes in bar 20 need looking at).

Musicman: I'll look at the melody and bass line, but I can't think of how to change the opening. Any suggestions specifically?

I know Big Blue's on the site already, but, in my opinion, it's poorly written and unreadable. So I'm posting this one up to replace it, possibly.

Deku: Have you considered making a arrangement thread?

Musicman: I'm new here and don't really know the structure of the site, so I didn't know anything. If you think I should, I can make one, but I'm not sure where or what to say in it...

Deku: Pretty much every arranger has their own arrangement thread in the Submissions board. It's where they post their arrangements to get feedback/help from other members before submitting them to the site.

Musicman: I'll do that; thanks for the information.

Nebbles

[NDS] Pokemon HG/SS - "Cinnabar Island" - ZIP

Deku: The link doesn't work...

Shadowkirby: It worked for me. I already helped clean it up, too, so it's accepted from me.

Olimar: Just looking at the formatting-the subtitle needs to be this "Pokemon HeartGold SoulSilver". Remove the "/" and fix the capitalization.

Deku: Leave the /. The name on the site needs to be changed.

Deku: Nevermind, fixed.....
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Sebastian

Here it finally is:   [Wii] New Super Mario Bros Wii - "World Map 7"  https://www.dropbox.com/s/e2l6mgn7ig2kibf/World%20Map%207.zip?m
I hope it gets on the site!

Deku: I'd check those LH chords, there are some crunchy notes missing :P
mariolegofan: What notes?

Deku: These, I just did the opening 2 bars (and I thought it'd be nice to find a way to include the piano thing) Link

Wolf

How do I post it??????
Like exactly what to press then do this and that???? :P :P :P :P
The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

Shadoninja

[NDS] Pokémon Conquest - "Battle! Dragnor" ZIP - Shadoninja
:

[WII] My Pokémon Ranch - "Night Theme" ZIP - Spitllama, Shadoninja
:

Deku: Ok
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

BlackDragonSlayer

[NES] Metroid - "Samus Aran's Appearance Fanfare" - ZIP

I really hope I'm doing this right...

Deku: Mmmm...tempo marking's a touch slow and there's a voice missing.... something like this? Link
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber