News:

Subscribe to our Twitch Channel!

Main Menu

Ripping Help

Started by TheZeldaPianist275, November 27, 2012, 06:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheZeldaPianist275

I'm trying to rip a soundtrack from a GameCube game.  Can anyone give me down-to-earth, simple methods on removing audio files?  Need help. :/

Zunawe

Honestly, it's probably easier to look for a zip on the internet, use torrents, or buy the CD (depending on what it is you want). I'm not an expert on this sort of thing though, so if you need it directly from the game, it might be better to search the interwebz.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Kman96

Try this one on for size. 
http://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks
Amazing.

Just look up almost any soundtrack, and boom, its yours. keyword ALMOST ANY. It basically covers from mid 90's to a short while after the DS was released.
Party Hard!
[close]

MoboMoga

I know only how to do it if you have Windows, but even so not every game has these files so be aware:

The main point is to convert the game file into something that's compatible so that the computer can separate its components. First, make sure you can see the file extensions. You can configure this in your Control Panel. Then go to the location where the file is. Change the extension to .zip. Click yes when it pops up a warning. If you browse through you will find a folder called AUDIO or something like that. Click on it, and there you go, your ripped soundtrack. But like i said before, not all games have audio files, so just be aware.

Dude

Dude

GC-Tool is your best bet at extracting, because I don't know of any other extractors. :-[

vgmstream can play the afc files in the \audiores\stream, although I don't think that's all the music the game has... so it might be somewhere else.

Olimar12345

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on November 28, 2012, 02:41:06 PMThe Wind Waker
You know, I bought the soundtrack to that last year:

Pm me if you wants a copy :J
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

TheZeldaPianist275

Thanks Olimar, but the soundtrack leaves out plenty of the songs, and I am a perfectionist to a fault.  :3  Thanks anyway.

Dude, what can I do with GC-Tool?

spitllama

Quote from: Dude on November 28, 2012, 04:12:26 PMvgmstream can play the afc files in the \audiores\stream

Read as "audiowhore"

I'm sorry. I'll leave.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Kman96

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on November 28, 2012, 06:02:12 PMThanks Olimar, but the soundtrack leaves out plenty of the songs, and I am a perfectionist to a fault.  :3
Are you kidding? I bought the soundtrack as well, and there's like 70 songs on each CD (there's two). It's a worthy buy, so idk what you're really expecting.
Party Hard!
[close]

TheZeldaPianist275

I said to a fault. 

That means I want two loops on every song.  :3

Zunawe

Well, I'm not completely sure that the game is going to have very different endings. All of the loops are in the programming, not the actual music file. You could feasibly copypasta sections in Audacity or something similar by getting the CD and editing each file, even if that does take a while.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: Zunawe on November 28, 2012, 06:28:37 PMWell, I'm not completely sure that the game is going to have very different endings. All of the loops are in the programming, not the actual music file. You could feasibly copypasta sections in Audacity or something similar by getting the CD and editing each file, even if that does take a while.

That's true.  I'd rather it be as realistic as possible, and not synthetic like that tho.

Dude

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on November 28, 2012, 06:02:12 PMDude, what can I do with GC-Tool?
It opens the iso/gcm file so you can get to the files inside the game.

...I hope you know this means you either need to backup your copy or pirate the game.