News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Movie Lovers?

Started by Super Zombie, May 01, 2008, 05:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

They also say it's bad.  It's not hard to be better than the third.

me irl
[close]

Maretocks

Whatever the reviewers say, it's never going to be better than the 1st. As Kefka said, it's not hard to be better than the 3rd. At least we know it will be (somewhat) enjoyable.
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

Harvest

I wish they wouldn't milk terrible franchises.
-

SlowPokemon

UPDATE: The movie was actually very good. I especially enjoyed Walt Dohrn as Rumpelstiltskin.

Good soundtrack, too. Of course, y'all probably don't listen to movie score as much as I do... :P

But, yeah, I'd recommend it... if you don't mind the 3d glasses. xD
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Maretocks

I'm never watching a 3D movie in a regular cinema again. Everything is discoloured (darkened), the glasses are a bit of a nuisance, and they really don't do much in the way of depth. However, up at IMAX; when the screen is so big you don't notice the edges of the screen. Makes for much better depth.
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

Oni-Link

Kinda old movie, but I didn't really like the 2nd Transformers movie.
If they make a third one, I want Primus and Unicron.
FTW

SlowPokemon

I didn't like any of the Transformers movies that much.
I like movies that are ENJOYABLE, honestly.

Quote from: Maretocks on June 02, 2010, 01:48:36 AMI'm never watching a 3D movie in a regular cinema again. Everything is discoloured (darkened), the glasses are a bit of a nuisance, and they really don't do much in the way of depth. However, up at IMAX; when the screen is so big you don't notice the edges of the screen. Makes for much better depth.

Yup. Saw Alice in Wonderland at the IMAX, and I've been before. It's amazing, way better than regular 3d.

Maretocks

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 02, 2010, 10:09:51 AMYup. Saw Alice in Wonderland at the IMAX, and I've been before. It's amazing, way better than regular 3d.
Indeed. Ahh, I missed out on Alice. :/
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Maretocks on June 03, 2010, 06:00:11 AMIndeed. Ahh, I missed out on Alice. :/

I liked it, but it wasn't as good as I'd hoped. Many people hated it. :P
It's out on dvd. If you want to watch it, I'd recommend renting it, not buying it.
Though I don't rent movies...

If you look in the box where it says "Rated PG", under that it says "for fantasy action/violence involving scary images and situations, and for a smoking caterpillar."

xD

universe-X

Alice was pretty good. It felt like it was missing something, but then again, I've never seen the original...

Oni-Link

Quote from: universe-X on June 03, 2010, 07:13:09 PMAlice was pretty good. It felt like it was missing something, but then again, I've never seen the original...
I saw the original when I was really little so I don't remember much of it.

SlowPokemon

I recently dug out my VHS (Yes, VHS)  of the original, and loved it. I bought it when it came out on DVD in March.
I also got the piano book (favorite song March of the Cards).

Harvest

American History X - one of the best movies I've ever seen.
-

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

pacifica

American History X , what a classic, I remember watching that as a teen.  Had a lot of impact.