News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Movie Lovers?

Started by Super Zombie, May 01, 2008, 05:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

...what is anti-Christian about ghosts and zombies? Just because something is dark or creepy doesn't mean it's anti-Christian. :p
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

wariopiano

some ''people'' believe that when they die they become ghosts and/or zombies.
But Christians believe that when they die they go be the Lord Jesus Christ in Heaven if  God, and only God, has forgiven u of your sins, and have been born again.

Nebbles

so you're de-humanizing people who watch ghost/zombie movies. congratulations on your lovely judgment!!! and saying that christians can't watch movies like that or they won't be accepted into heaven when they die just wow wow wow your opinion is just so great!!!
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Jompa

Quote from: Nebbles on October 11, 2012, 01:00:14 PMso you're de-humanizing people who watch ghost/zombie movies. congratulations on your lovely judgment!!! and saying that christians can't watch movies like that or they won't be accepted into heaven when they die just wow wow wow your opinion is just so great!!!
Can't help but think there's a slight amount of sarcasm in that last sentence there.. :P

Anyways, calm down people, it's nothing to quarrel about!
Birdo for Smash

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: wariopiano on October 11, 2012, 08:35:32 AMsome ''people'' believe that when they die they become ghosts and/or zombies.
But Christians believe that when they die they go be the Lord Jesus Christ in Heaven if  God, and only God, has forgiven u of your sins, and have been born again.
Well movies with zombies and ghosts are100% fictional so....how is this relevant? Shaun of the Dead, Poltergeist, 28 Days/Weeks Later, Nightmare Before Christmas. All of these are great movies and all of them have zombies/ghosts. No one watches them because they believe ghosts and zombies are real(well...maybe Poltergeist), they watch them because they are fantastic movies that just happen to feature zombies/ghosts.

Open-mindedness is one of the keys to having a fantastic life.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

wariopiano

i personally dont watch them because i believe i shouldnt.
some christins do and thats okay, but i dont.

wariopiano

u wont not go to heaven if u watch those movies as long u are born again.

Sebastian

I think u out did yourself a bit :P

SuperFireKirby

I've lately been watching movies I wanted to see in theatres last year.

Saw Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. A bit hard to follow, none of the characters besides Gary Oldman's were developed enough for me to really care about them, and it was a bit dull at many times but it was still fairly decent. 6.5/10

Also saw Midnight In Paris, it was very interesting. The humor was witty, I thought the casting was awesome and the whole movie was pulled off excellently. Only problem I had was that Owen Wilson's character could get kind of annoying at times. But a great movie over all. 8.5/10

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

FSM-Reapr

Can't wait for Skyfall!!!

SuperFireKirby

I KNOW, RIGHT? Javier Bardem as the bad guy?!?! That's all I need to go see that movie.

FSM-Reapr

^SFK you're just awesome. You like Top Gear and you have the same taste for movies as mine AND you like Kirby! :D

Cobraroll

Saw The Transporter today.

It was, hands down, the dumbest action movie I've ever seen. I'm not sure whether I should thrash it for being a bunch of fight scenes tied together by lack of logic, or praise it for being a parody on the entire action film genre. If it was intended to be serious, it dethroned The Dark Knight Rises as "Plot hole movie of the year".

I guess it kinda falls somewhere in the middle, I can perceive it as both but it's not doing either particularly well.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SuperFireKirby

Yeah, The Transporter films are pretty awful.

So I might go to the midnight premiere of Cloud Atlas. It just looks so awesome.

Nebbles

I'm on the fence about that movie... tell me how it is if you see it :D
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel