News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

Arrangement Project (Pokemon Black 2/White 2)

Started by Yugi, December 26, 2012, 04:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitllama

Idk where you got the bass clef at the beginning of the song. It's actually a higher voice in the original that's more of an ornament.

Also measure numbers and 8vas needed everywheres.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

FireArrow

Quote from: Jompa on January 11, 2013, 07:12:25 AMUsing those midis is kinda like cheating...
Besides, it doesn't seem like some of you take playability as a factor, nor key signatures changes. I don't see how it benefits anyone
Sorry for saying this.

I would Arrange by ear if I could, but I can't. I figured arranging the midis is more useful then just doing nothing though, if I'm wrong let me know...

As for key signatures and such, I use notepad, so I can't change it half way through the song. Playability... if you can reach a tenth you should be fine. If you want me to change something specifically I'm more than willing.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

MoboMoga

Quote from: FireArrow on January 11, 2013, 01:27:47 PMI would Arrange by ear if I could, but I can't. I figured arranging the midis is more useful then just doing nothing though, if I'm wrong let me know...

It's absolutely fine. Just don't depend on midis too much.

FireArrow

Quote from: MoboMoga on January 11, 2013, 01:51:01 PMIt's absolutely fine. Just don't depend on midis too much.

Mmk, now that I don't feel guilty, I'll claim frozen town.

Jompa

No but that's not the problem, not at all..
But if anyone would take this sheet music and try playing it - it'd be impossible. Which is a pretty big problem!
Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

Quote from: FireArrow on January 11, 2013, 01:27:47 PMI would Arrange by ear if I could, but I can't. I figured arranging the midis is more useful then just doing nothing though, if I'm wrong let me know...

As for key signatures and such, I use notepad, so I can't change it half way through the song. Playability... if you can reach a tenth you should be fine. If you want me to change something specifically I'm more than willing.

Arrange with MIDIs then, there's nothing wrong with it; but like Jompa said, you should also care for the sheet you're actually creating. Is it playable? Is it well organized? Added articulations when needed?... Just don't copy everything you see without any sense, and never ever do something like this (specially page 3...), please.  :P

MoboMoga

Quote from: WarioMan98 on January 11, 2013, 02:44:52 PMArrange with MIDIs then, there's nothing wrong with it; but like Jompa said, you should also care for the sheet you're actually creating. Is it playable? Is it well organized? Added articulations when needed?... Just don't copy everything you see without any sense, and never ever do something like this (specially page 3...), please.  :P

Yes. My first arrangement was playable, but very messy. From then on I used my ear to do it. Just be careful with the arrangement.. always think about the pianist first.

Yugi

When I use MIDIS they normally end up playable. With the sole exception of Setzer.

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

FireArrow

Quote from: Jompa on January 11, 2013, 02:28:40 PMNo but that's not the problem, not at all..
But if anyone would take this sheet music and try playing it - it'd be impossible. Which is a pretty big problem!

I'll go over my piece and remove anything the requires you to reach higher then an octave (I think there is only one part?) I can't say I'm good enough at piano to know what a virtuoso pianist can do, so I'll just make it playable for me (bar the intro, becuase I can't think of anyway of making that easier bar without removing it.)

EDIT:

You only have to be able to reach an octave to play this now. ;) I toned down some areas, though I'm not sure if I did enough of it. Oh, And I'm contemplating removing that intro...

[MID][MUS][PDF]

MoboMoga

Quote from: FireArrow on January 11, 2013, 09:03:11 PM[MID][MUS][PDF]

haha, whoa there, for the first measure, it'll be extremely hard to play chords in your bass line, even though they're right next to each other. Better clear that off.

Shadoninja

Quote from: FireArrow on January 11, 2013, 09:03:11 PMI'll go over my piece and remove anything the requires you to reach higher then an octave (I think there is only one part?) I can't say I'm good enough at piano to know what a virtuoso pianist can do, so I'll just make it playable for me (bar the intro, becuase I can't think of anyway of making that easier bar without removing it.)

EDIT:

You only have to be able to reach an octave to play this now. ;) I toned down some areas, though I'm not sure if I did enough of it. Oh, And I'm contemplating removing that intro...

[MID][MUS][PDF]
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/36661985/Pokemon%20Black%20White%20Version%202%20-%20Battle%21%20Champion%20%28Hoenn%29.zip
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Jompa

That's way better
I know you can't do this in NotePad, FireArrow, but the way it was before was mildly unacceptable..
Birdo for Smash

FireArrow

Quote from: MoboMoga on January 12, 2013, 09:12:26 AMhaha, whoa there, for the first measure, it'll be extremely hard to play chords in your bass line, even though they're right next to each other. Better clear that off.

Huh, I don't see any chords in the bass at all (the notes are squished really close, but they aren't chords.) Check Shadoninja's version, he cleaned up the bass clef.

@Shadonninja

Yay, thanks!

Quote from: JompaThat's way better
I know you can't do this in NotePad, FireArrow, but the way it was before was mildly unacceptable..

Yeah, I have to agree with you, I don't know what I was thinking with that second voice. I'm thinking of getting print music, becuase I hate ugly looking sheets.

MoboMoga

Quote from: FireArrow on January 12, 2013, 11:38:52 AMHuh, I don't see any chords in the bass at all (the notes are squished really close, but they aren't chords.) Check Shadoninja's version, he cleaned up the bass clef.

@Shadonninja

Yay, thanks!

Oh, I see. Well then, it's a fine arrangement. :)