News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

NinSheetMusic for Guitar?

Started by JDMEK5, December 26, 2012, 10:45:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamaha

Same sheet? I don't really like the idea of that. If someone wants to download only the piano/guitar version they end up with something they don't need. Plus if different arrangers arrange the piano and guitar versions, things might get messy.

MaestroUGC

I think he meant each sheet would have both the Tabs and a normal staff for the guitar sheets, not piano plus guitar.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Jamaha

Right. Never mind me.

Reading compherension 1 - Jamaha 0

JDMEK5

Quote from: MaestroUGC on December 27, 2012, 12:07:34 AMI think he meant each sheet would have both the Tabs and a normal staff for the guitar sheets, not piano plus guitar.
Right. I'll leave an example when I get home, but it would have a normal staff (transposed an octave for the guitar) and a TAB staff underneath it.
If you copy/paste from the standard staff to the TAB, it'll copy right over.

Quote from: Jamaha on December 26, 2012, 10:33:38 PMIf you're interested in keeping the idea alive, I'd suggest that those interested in arranging guitar tabs do so in the Music-subforum. Even if we don't add tabs to the main site, at least we'd have a nice collection of tabs in one topic. Plus I really want to see whether we actually get a decent amount of good tabs or does the idea just die.
Alright then.

Quote from: Jamaha on December 26, 2012, 10:33:38 PMIf someone wants to go through with the plan, I can provide hosting for the files itself to ensure the links in the topic actually work.
Please do.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

SuperFireKirby

NSM is about to get way more Dark Cloud 2 guitar sheets than it ever wanted. But just as many as it's ever needed.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Shadoninja

Quote from: JDMEK5 on December 27, 2012, 08:55:20 AMRight. I'll leave an example when I get home, but it would have a normal staff (transposed an octave for the guitar) and a TAB staff underneath it.
Something like this?

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on December 27, 2012, 10:31:34 AMNSM is about to get way more Dark Cloud 2 guitar sheets than it ever wanted. But just as many as it's ever needed.
Speaking of:
[PS2] Dark Cloud - "Owl Forest (Guitar+Tab)" MUS

Right now I'm really just re-purposing my piano arrangements.

What are some common tunings for guitar? I only know Standard (EADGBE) and drop D (DADGBE)
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

SuperFireKirby

Standard Tuning, Drop D, and Drop C(CGCFAD) are probably the 3 most used tunings.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

FSM-Reapr

ninja'd by exactly what I was gonna say. :(

SuperFireKirby

Got NotePad downloaded. Gonna attempt to start on this.

JDMEK5

Try to keep it in standard tuning whenever possible, and play it through yourself to make sure it's not only possible, but as easy as can be without sacrificing anything.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Shadoninja

Quote from: JDMEK5 on December 28, 2012, 10:12:11 AMTry to keep it in standard tuning whenever possible, and play it through yourself to make sure it's not only possible, but as easy as can be without sacrificing anything.
I only own a bass so I can't double check guitar parts myself. I will need the expertise of others to help refine my tablature writing.

Also, if we need to use a different tuning than standard how do we notate that?

JDMEK5

Quote from: Shadoninja on December 28, 2012, 10:15:44 AMAlso, if we need to use a different tuning than standard how do we notate that?
I've never seen a sheet as professional as those we're working on with drop D tuning. But I think that would be put by the tempo marking. (above maybe?)

I don't know how many of you have seen it yet, but I've put a topic in the "Music" section for guitar arrangements.
So my plan is to collect them there and keep a list on the OP for all of them.

Quote from: Shadoninja on December 28, 2012, 10:15:44 AMI only own a bass so I can't double check guitar parts myself. I will need the expertise of others to help refine my tablature writing.
Probably the best thing you can do if you don't actually have a guitar of your own, is to try to keep all the numbers in the tab staff as close to each other as possible.
For example, your Owl Forest arrangement had 5s and 1s in the same measure. Move those 1s down a string so they become 5s and it will probably be easier.
(To alter the TAB, highlight the number to be altered, and hit down or up on the arrow keys and it will move it up or down a string, instantly and automatically changing the number to match the note. Just beware of negative numbers)

My Arrangements

Shadoninja

I know how to modify tablature thanks.

SuperFireKirby

Bloop

Quote from: Shadoninja on December 28, 2012, 10:15:44 AMAlso, if we need to use a different tuning than standard how do we notate that?
Maybe a text box somewhere notating the tuning. Like that useless "Score" box in Finale.