News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

8-Bit Composition Program

Started by Dudeman, January 13, 2013, 08:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

So, I want to try my hand at composing some 8-bit music, and since neither Finale nor MuseScore has any sort of 8-Bit soundfont (at least, I'm pretty sure...), I was wondering if anyone knew of a program(s) that can compose in 8-Bit soundfonts?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Dudeman on January 13, 2013, 08:34:12 PMSo, I want to try my hand at composing some 8-bit music, and since neither Finale nor MuseScore has any sort of 8-Bit soundfont (at least, I'm pretty sure...), I was wondering if anyone knew of a program(s) that can compose in 8-Bit soundfonts?
This might help me as well; I am curious to know that.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

MaestroUGC

I don't believe the program you use will really matter, you just need to search around for some soundfont packs that have 8-bit sounds.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Bloop

Dudeman

Thanks Bloop! Because of you, I was able to recreate the stage select theme from the original Mega Man!
That's not the original piece. I made that!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Bloop

Yay! I think I'll stick to finale, I don't get much from making the sounds.

Shadoninja

Famitracker's awesome but can be a bit complicated.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

blueflower999

Quote from: Dudeman on January 14, 2013, 01:25:55 PMThanks Bloop! Because of you, I was able to recreate the stage select theme from the original Mega Man!
That's not the original piece. I made that!
Whoa  :o

I literally just poped Mega Man 1 into my NES, and they sound almost identical. The only noticeable difference is that your version is a little coarser. Or maybe that's just my TV. IDK.
Bulbear! Blueflower999