News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Hosting and Balancing

Started by Bird, January 04, 2013, 04:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

guys i actually made a game (sort of)

Spoiler
TWG ___: The Promised Day
Wolves:
Father –seered green, once a night phase can choose a player that he then turns into a homunculus, can only be lynched when the majority votes for him (insta)
Gluttony/Lust/Envy/ahh I cant decide -
Pride -

Humans:
Roy Mustang
Riza Hawkeye (sniper) –one snipe usage, cannot snipe Mustang (if attempted snipe will be wasted),
Maes Hughes –if killed, the killer automatically dies (if lynched, the deciding voter is killed)
Edward Elric –cannot become a homunculus
Alphonse Elric –unable to be wolfed, if chosen by Father, Alphonse automatically dies
Winry Rockbell– able to revive Edward in exchange for her own life
Van Hoenheim (miller)- one chance to guess for Father, if finds him he loses all power and turns red, Hoenheim turns green, all homunculi change into their original forms again

• Wolves do not know each other
  • If wolves are chosen by Father, Father gets negated (same as Hoenheim guessing him)
  • Homunculi count as wolves but cannot vote in the wolfing
  • Edward is told who Winry is through his role pm, and vice versa

The Taboo:
No player may announce to the thread or by pm for players to claim to them. If a player attempts to draw claims by more than one third of all the players playing, they will be automatically killed by the host (Truth). However, players may voluntarily tell another their role. Remember, Truth is All and One, so he/she will know if anyone tries to find a loophole
[close]

I can tell already this is horribly unbalanced, so I left some blank spaces to fill in later

MaestroUGC

I endorse your game, Bubbles. I'll be willing to help you finish it and iron out the details, if a TWC Member doesn't step foward.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Bubbles

:D

Mostly I'm worried about the Taboo. Can that even be pulled off effectively without the players complaining too much?

not to mention the taboo in the actual show gets broken alot

MaestroUGC

I'm much too tired to look at it critically right now, but I'll be sure to look at it critically at my next earliest convenience.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

vermilionvermin

The process for deciding who dies and who doesn't seems pretty arbitrary. 

Does publicly claiming a role count as "drawing claims by more than a third of all players playing"?  If so, then you open up a whole new can of worms as to what constitutes publicly claiming a role.

Does lynching someone for not claiming to that person count?  At that point, you're coercing someone into claiming a role, but it's absurd for a host to kill people who vote using a certain type of logic.

Personally I probably won't vote for this one regardless because I dislike games in which everyone knows their role and games where the wolves don't know each other, but I think there are issues beyond that.

I also think the humans are given way too little margin for error.  If the humans' first kill isn't a wolf, they in all likelihood lose.

BlackDragonSlayer

I'd say that, currently, the part of the game to worry about balancing the most would be the Homunculi... I think you should add/change a few players who cannot be converted, almost like Uprising Madness, in a way.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bubbles

Quote from: vermilionvermin on April 01, 2013, 10:49:58 PMThe process for deciding who dies and who doesn't seems pretty arbitrary. 

Does publicly claiming a role count as "drawing claims by more than a third of all players playing"?  If so, then you open up a whole new can of worms as to what constitutes publicly claiming a role.

Does lynching someone for not claiming to that person count?  At that point, you're coercing someone into claiming a role, but it's absurd for a host to kill people who vote using a certain type of logic.

Personally I probably won't vote for this one regardless because I dislike games in which everyone knows their role and games where the wolves don't know each other, but I think there are issues beyond that.

I also think the humans are given way too little margin for error.  If the humans' first kill isn't a wolf, they in all likelihood lose.

ahh those are good points

I would say that publicly claiming a role wouldn't count necessarily, but if that player then directs people to claim to them it will. When I think about that again, players would "voluntarily" tell the person who claimed their role, which basically destroys the whole concept :/ I was just trying to find a way to let everyone have a special power while preventing one person from claiming and basically weeding out the wolves

I was going to make the wolves know each other originally, but I thought that it wouldn't be fair enough to the humans if the only possible way to negate Father's ability was for Hoenheim to guess him (with only one guess to boot)

Also, what about it makes the humans have too little room for mistake? Should I change Hoenheim's one guess for Father to a guess every day/night phase?

@BDS Technically theres 4 player that cannot become homunculi (the two wolves, Edward, and Alphonse). Is that enough?

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on April 01, 2013, 11:03:18 PM@BDS Technically theres 4 player that cannot become homunculi (the two wolves, Edward, and Alphonse). Is that enough?
Well...
The two wolves don't count, since:
1: I assume the wolves know each other?
2: It wouldn't have an effect on them anyway, since they're already wolves. :P

And Alphonse dies when he's targeted, which doesn't help the humans either...
The fact that there are 7 humans means that:
Night 1: A human is wolfed, and one is turned into a homunculus, meaning that, essentially, there are 5 humans and 4 wolves.
Day 1: A humans is lynched. 4 humans and 4 wolves; wolves win.

Shortest game ever. :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bubbles

Hmm...I could add on a few more humans?

And the wolves do not know each other. That makes it so that if a wolf is attempted to be turned into a homunculi, Father loses his powers and all homunculi are released

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on April 01, 2013, 11:18:25 PMHmm...I could add on a few more humans?

And the wolves do not know each other. That makes it so that if a wolf is attempted to be turned into a homunculi, Father loses his powers and all homunculi are released
Both of those sound good (maybe add two more humans??); just in case, you should specify in the game description (about the second part).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bubbles

Yugi

And Here I was thinking that I would get some serious crituque for my game.

Waddle Bro

TWG: Hot Bob-Omb: BOWSER's Return!!!

Rules: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psuAJu3DSFo

The objective is to bomb BOWSER with the BOB-OMBS!!!(or lynch him but bombing him is the more classier way)

Each Day Phase one(for the first two Day Phases, two!) randomly chosen player(s) gets a BOB-OMB. BOWSER can choose the time point when the bombs explode(but it has to be after 12 hours from the beginning of the phase!). The players can toss the BOB-OMBs at each other as many times as they want. The tosses will be public, so if you got the BOB-OMB just post in the thread something like this: I'll toss the BOB-OMB at Player 1. Bolding is a must have.
The player who exploded cannot be lynched.
Anyone who fails to capitalize BOWSER or BOB-OMB will get a phantom, this time 4 realz.

Roles:
1. BOWSER

2. Human
3. Human
4. Human
5. Human
6. Human
7. Human
8. Human
9. Human
10. Human
11. Human
12. Human
13. Human
14. Human

FSM-Reapr

First of all, the idea is fucking amazing.

Second of all, I'm assuming that a player can only hold one bomb.

BlackDragonSlayer

???
TWG: An Odd Absence of Logic

Odd Wolves
1: Master Wolf: Odd wolf seered red.
2: Charismatic Wolf: Odd wolf; lynch vote counts for two votes.

Odd Humans
3: Seer: Can seer one player per night.
4: Oddseer: Like a Drunken Seer; may seer players red, blue, or green, but not the color that they actually are. Is told he's the normal seer.
5: Human: Odd human.
6: Human: Odd human.
7: Human: Odd human.
8: Human: Odd human.
9: Human: Odd human.
10: Human: Odd human.
11: Human: Odd human.
12: Oddmiller: Odd human seered green; knows he's the Oddmiller.
[close]

The change of colors is mainly for humorous effect.

Possible changes:
  • Add another wolf, possibly with an effect?
  • Replace one of the humans with another Oddmiller, in which case they would not know who they are.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber