News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

Submissions for All Updates

Started by The Deku Trombonist, January 05, 2013, 08:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

Post a maximum of 2 Submissions, including new ones and replacements.

1) Make a SINGLE post with your two pieces. Any other posts will be deleted. (We have a general questions topic) Discussion about arrangement should take place in individual threads.
2) Submit sheets using ONLY dropbox. It's more efficient and safer than mediafire.
3) Put separate links for all your files (MUS, Midi, and PDF) for each sheet.
4) Before posting, be sure that your sheets are in tip-top shape (i.e. formatted to perfection, well arranged, etc.)
5) Your post will be edited with feedback.

Here are the Formatting Rules. Please read & follow them, it makes things easier and it makes the site look more professional. If a sheet is not formatted properly, we may not bother to even look.

Please provide PDF, MUS, and MIDI format, and make sure to write the arranger name in your post, if it is not your own username. Just to avoid mix-ups.

List of Currently Accepted Sheets:

spitllama

[NDS] Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum – "Research Lab" – spitllama & Jompa [ZIP]

[Wii] Super Smash Bros. Brawl – "Boss Theme Medley" – spitllama [ZIP]
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Bloop

[GBA] Pokémon FireRed/LeafGreen - "Deoxys Battle" [ZIP]
Needs Second Approval (Approved by Deku)

Deku: I think it's an accelerando from about bars 5-8 as opposed to a tempo change. And don't forget to add a double bar to the last key change.

Bloop: The accelerando is there, and I don't hear any tempo changes from bar 7 and on.

Deku: A whoops I didn't see it floating up there :P
Bar 68 would be easier to play if the dotted quarter was in the left hand and the 8vb disappeared.
Apart from that, all good.

Bloop: Fixed.

[N64] Conker's Bad Fur Day - "Sloprano" [ZIP]
Deku: You're-a jumping the queue there :P

Bloop: D: There could only be one post per person, so I couldn't make a new one, and I had place for another arrangement. Oh well.

spitllama

[NDS] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky - "Goodnight" - Bespinben [ZIP]

[NDS] Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky - "Guildmaster Wigglytuff" - Bespinben [ZIP]
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Jompa

[NDS] Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum - "Route 203" - Jompa [ZIP]

Deku: Hmmmm.... take out the instruments other than piano. And the repeated semiquavers (like in bar 10 and 12) need to be changed, it's a bit crazy to articulate repeated notes at that tempo.

Jompa: I have fixed what you asked.

Deku: aaand fix the formatting (title, subtitle, double bar lines on key changes, no 8vb clefs) Everything else is good

Jompa: Fixed.

[GCN] Super Smash Bros. Melee - "Mushroom Kingdom" - Jompa [ZIP]

Deku: Uhh can I have a link to the original? I'm not sure which tune you're arranging.

Jompa: It was actually this one, but I realize now that I have left out the part after 0:50.
I don't have time to fix this right now, so you can count this submission out.
Birdo for Smash

JDMEK5

[NDS] Pokémon D/P - Jubilife City (Day) - [ZIP]

[NDS] Pokémon HG/SS - Cerulean City - [ZIP]

[NDS] Pokémon HG/SS - Title - [ZIP]

[Wii] Super Mario Galaxy - Grand Star - [ZIP]
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Zunawe

[N64] The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Gerudo Valley (Replacement) [ZIP] [MUS]
Needs Second Approval - Approved by Winter

Winter: Thanks again for taking the time to discuss the sheet with me on Skype! Just like we talked about, I already saw your edit that includes the trumpet melody near the end, looks very nice.

I'm itching to see what the left hand melody turns out like with the new rhythm we talked about included. Also the bassline

Also, I didn't get to it, but measures 12-16 as you'll notice have the guitar and trumpet together on the same melody. It seems fitting to include a higher octave on the right hand in this segment, it will emphasize that this part should be more powerful.

All of that said, as long as I take another look through it when you're finished up, I think this will be a great addition to the site.

Zunawe: So, I loaded it in Audacity to look for the accents visually, and it actually looks like it's 1 a 2 + 3 a 4 +, so I'll change it to that and add the bass. For some reason the very last interval in measure 39 sounds odd to me, but I don't know what it is. I think I got it. Replaced the E's with E#'s.

I'm starting to question the ability to play the bass part. It would require a 2-octave reach because the chords already take up an octave each.

Winter: Okay, so I fixed up the intro, and we can forget the bass notes, thanks for putting in the final edit, I've already sent Deku the sheet, as well as replaced the file in this post with my edit to the intro, and he will be looking at it tomorrow for final inspection, and no doubt some sort of change, cause Deku always finds something.

^That was one long incorrectly formatted sentence.

Zunawe: I'd like to disagree on that edit. I've been breaking it down for about 10 minutes now, and the only note that I'm not absolutely sure is correct in my version is the F#/C# in the second part of the left hand. I did find that my first note was wrong, however, I found it to be a C#, not an E# as in your edit. I'll continue to listen to it, but I really believe that mine is right.

I put in my MUS as well for comparison.

Winter: Okay so we went back over the intro together and tore it apart milliseconds at a time. Great no more of that! You asked about measure 39, well leave it cause it's spot on. You can change the left hand back, just make sure you fix the grouping, let me know when it's all done :)

Zunawe: Everything is up to date in a ZIP at the top.

Winter: Me and Deku took a fine rake to the sheet and our final product is up top. He wants to look again before we submit.

Zunawe: For some reason the very last note in the version you just gave was tied to nothing. I took it out, and added back in my parentheses at measures 28 and 29. The F is played by both the right and left hand in the same beat. Anyway, thanks!

Winter: Whoops I knew I forgot something.

Olimar: Never heard back from Deku, so I'll post this here. Made these changes.

Zunawe: To be frank, I don't like the left hand. To me it sounds muddy when you combine it with the right hand which is why I changed it going from measure 7 to measure 8. Originally I had the rhythm from measures 4-7 the whole way through. Other than the pedal at the beginning, is there anything else you changed?

Olimar: I cleaned up a lot of nuances, for example,
-Your rhythm grouping in measures 27-28 was incorrect.
-Added the #E harmony in the intro.
-Fixed the phrase markings.
-Cleaned up the page layout.

As for the chord situation, the bass line cannot be left out. The bass is the next most important thing, after the melody.

This might work: When I used to play this song on the piano, I would put the LH chords all in root position. Here, I'll show you: [.Mus]

I've said this before, and I'll keep saying this: Do NOT trust finale's playback. It is inaccurate and quite frankly, sounds like shit. If possible, take it to a real piano. Don't just say you don't like how it sounds based off of the midi file.

Zunawe: Apologies for taking so long to reply. I'm trying to find time to work on this, but school happens. I'll PM Olimar when I actually do change something (or decide not to).
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

steventheslayer

Game: "Do You Remember My Lullaby?" Song: "Lullaby (Music box)" - [PDF] [MIDI] [MUS]
Olimar: Submitted. Have anything new?

I don't even...

Wolf

Super Smash Bros Brawl
Coin launcher
MUS
PDF
MP3

Deku:
No dynamics, no articulations, no formatting. Missing most of the important harmonies.
wolf:
I fixed it.

Deku: Still missing most of the chords and harmonies.

wolf:
Oh. I see.
The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

ThunderBird2678

My First Arrangement

Fire Emblem : Path of Radiance -- Galdr of Rebirth

[MUS][MID][PDF]
I wonder why Fire Emblem is not well known. It's a great game, with even greater music!

BonusPwnage

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess-Postman's Theme (Replacement)
ZIP: https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/Postman%27s%20Theme.zip?w=AABiwgBlwEiO1Nsnmlba1cEN4bk_N6jFR3YOu3r9IThWiw&dl=1

I apologize for the long wait; I've been busy with the revival of a dead a capella group. Hopefully I didn't do too bad of a job.

EDIT: Not sure why, but when I open the MID file it sounds a bit wonky.

pieordie1

Shadow Queen Battle (Paper Mario: The thousand year door)
Finally got finale to change it into .mus!
ZIP

iLikePiano

FireArrow

[WII] Wario Ware: Smooth Moves - Tower Tennis Terror - FireArrow: [ZIP] [PDF] [MIDI] [MUS]

[NES] Final Fantasy - Dead Music - FireArrow: [PDF] [MUS] [MIDI]

[NES] Final Fantasy - Ship (replacement) - Thomas Wilson & FireArrow: [PDF] [MUS] [MIDI]

[GB] Final Fantasy Legend II - Lethal Strike - FireArrow: [PDF] [MUS] [MIDI]

[GB] Final Fantasy Legend II - Peaceful Land - FireArrow: [PDF] [MUS] [MIDI]

Do you still want ZIPs?

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Bubbles

[GBC] Pokemon Trading Card Game - "Water, Rock, and Psychic Clubs" (Requested Topic)
Olimar: There's quite a lot of problems with this sheet. Sloppy layer work, note collision, incorrect rhythm groupings, etc. Mind if I clean it up for you?
Bubbles: Yes please :-[
Olimar: Here. Take a look at how the bottom layer is stemmed down, and the upper layer is stemmed up. It makes it easier to read and doesn't clutter up the stave.

ZIP