News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Discussion Thread

Started by SlowPokemon, January 06, 2013, 04:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jompa

It was the only place wherethey had the complete list, other than that YouTube channel where all the titles are in Kanji-.-
I guess russian is the better choise, soo..
Birdo for Smash

FSM-Reapr

SlowPokemon

Wow the season two soundtrack is far longer than the season one soundtrack. The Season One soundtrack clocks in at roughly an hour and twenty-five minutes (not including the shortened versions of Mikuru's song, God Knows, and Lost My Music), while the season two is about two hours and twenty minutes. I wonder how much of it was actually used?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Yugi

Jompa

Everything was used, Slow! That's why I love the second season: even though the endless eight are just the same, the music varies.
But there are some places where the music is almost aways the same, like in the café, or at the swimming pool (but here they actually used Beach Vacations a lot as well),
And there's that episode that uses five different versions of Omoide Tsukuri, that one's cool.
And the Cicada Catching theme appeared often, but everyone loves that song because of the sax, so that's just good.
And instead of spamming us with Itsumo no Fuukei - there were some "replacements" for it, like Sugiyuku Natsu no Hibi, Matsuri no Tanoshimi or Meeting Time :P
This one appeared almost only as Kyon's don't-wanna-do-my-homework-theme.
I love that soundtrack:)

And I just finished the Endless Eight again, and I love it! ;D Next up is the Sigh then..
Birdo for Smash

Yugi

Quote from: Jompa on March 31, 2013, 03:45:19 AMAnd I just finished the Endless Eight, and I love it! ;D Next up is the Sigh then..
We've Entered an Endless Recursion of time.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Jompa on March 31, 2013, 03:45:19 AMEverything was used, Slow! That's why I love the second season: even though the endless eight are just the same, the music varies.
But there are some places where the music is almost aways the same, like in the café, or at the swimming pool (but here they actually used Beach Vacations a lot as well),
And there's that episode that uses five different versions of Omoide Tsukuri, that one's cool.
And the Cicada Catching theme appeared often, but everyone loves that song because of the sax, so that's just good.
And instead of spamming us with Itsumo no Fuukei - there were some "replacements" for it, like Sugiyuku Natsu no Hibi, Matsuri no Tanoshimi or Meeting Time :P
This one appeared almost only as Kyon's don't-wanna-do-my-homework-theme.
I love that soundtrack:)

And I just finished the Endless Eight again, and I love it! ;D Next up is the Sigh then..

Yeah I know... I was mostly talking about the volume four soundtrack with the weird electronic stuff.

My favorite one has the English translation name "The Moonlight Becomes Endless" --it's a piano piece that plays first at the end of Part 2. I can't remember its Japanese original name.

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

Yep!

I really love the Endless Eight; I don't know why. I think it's that you feel Kyon's hopelessness throughout. And then the conclusion is just great.

Jompa

I like that one of them is just randomly cloud-themed :P
I mean, it had absolutely no meaning at all!! There was no reason doing it, they just chose to include some variation in that episode:P
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

Yugi

I noticed something.

In episode 4, it says

Ultra Director: Haruhi Suzumiya.

xDDDDDDdd

SlowPokemon

Yugi, it says that in all of them. As well as "series composition: Haruhi and her friends"

Yugi

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 05, 2013, 11:28:30 PMYugi, it says that in all of them. As well as "series composition: Haruhi and her friends"
I'm pretty sure I said something about the Series composition thing.

Also watching Episode 4 and HOLY CRAP shit just got serious.