The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Discussion Thread

Started by SlowPokemon, January 06, 2013, 04:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mashi

thats not sexual harassment, thats extortion
its business

Yugi

Quote from: Mashi on April 21, 2013, 06:23:29 PMthats not sexual harassment, thats extortion
its business
But her business is sexual harrasment.

MaestroUGC

Read at Own Risk
An Earnest Review of The Endless Eight
By MaestroUGC esq.

Well, I had managed to watch all of the Endless Eight before my laptop exploded. I'm sure there is no correlation between the two events. I was expecting a repetitive cycle during this part and braced myself accordingly. What I got was just that.

I understand what they were trying to go for here, but my largest problem stems from what could be said is my largest strength and attribute as a man of the arts: Variation.

I'm not asking for them to have done different things with each repetition, instead I would've much preferred them making subtle changes across the whole spectrum that would've hinted at, and eventually lead to, it's final conclusion. I didn't get any of that.

The worst part? It was boring. So boring. Not because it was the same thing over and over again, I can live with that. They just didn't do anything remotely interesting, or clever, or unique, or just out there.

Now, I had to ruminate on that for nearly three weeks, and combined with the last disappointment of the highly recommended show I'm just about done altogether. I'm going to give it one more shot. It the next episode doesn't impress me, or even entertain me, I'm going to pass on the series.
[close]
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Jompa

If you are going to give it one last shot, then I don't know if The Sight will impress you..
Birdo for Smash

Waddle Bro

The only thing that kept me through the Endless Eight, was the soundtrack.

MaestroUGC

I don't even remember a soundtrack. And music is among the first things I remember from a film or show.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Jompa

Really? That's weird.. The Endless Eight OST is the best, after the move OST.
Birdo for Smash

blueflower999

The only thing that kept me through the endless eight was the awesomeness of the show.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

And the soundtrack. I liked the endless eight, but it's a bad idea to watch all of them on the first time through.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SlowPokemon

What is your favorite multi-episode arc in the anime?

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Episodes 1-6)
    - 6 (42.9%)
Remote Island Syndrome (Episodes 10 and 11)
    - 2 (14.3%)
Endless Eight (Episodes 12-19)
    - 3 (21.4%)
The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya (Episodes 20-24)
    - 3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

SlowPokemon

Yugi

Mashi

Yugi

I love how me misclicking a option spawned a bandwagon of votes.

Bubbles

I find it ironic that when I'm in a bad mood I listen to this show's soundtrack to cheer me up :P They really need to make english versions of the character songs