News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Discussion Thread

Started by SlowPokemon, January 06, 2013, 04:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waddle Bro

SlowPokemon

Not that has been announced yet. And since it's been nearly three years since the last Haruhi release, I think it's safe to say there won't be a third season anytime soon.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Mashi

You know what I meant, SlowPokemon!!!

And if you want to continue with Melancholy, I suggest the light novels.  The series only gets better as you read on.

SlowPokemon

I'm avoiding them after the first four though because I don't want to spoil any future anime that might be made :/ maybe I'm dreaming too much here

Mashi

Hey, they made Disappearance as a movie three years after Season 2 was released, which was released 3 years after Season 1, maybe there's hope for the rest of the series too!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Mashi on January 26, 2013, 01:38:32 PMHey, they made Disappearance as a movie three years after Season 2 was released, which was released 3 years after Season 1, maybe there's hope for the rest of the series too!

They made Disappearance ONE year after season 2.

Mashi

but it feels like i watched disappearance just yesterday
has it really been 3 years
time dilation

Kman96

Quote from: Mashi on January 26, 2013, 01:49:52 PMbut it feels like i watched disappearance just yesterday
has it really been 3 years
time dilation
Mashi, its natural to lose track of time after watching such a good movie...after all, when you get your eyes dilated, you can't see shit, so I'm sure it's the same with time and space, etc. Who knows how many days its been since I watched it!
Party Hard!
[close]

Waddle Bro

Guise we should totes celebrate Tanebata this year!!! :D Let's make wishes that'll come true in 16 years from now.

In fact, screw Tanebata, I'm making my wish now

|the               |
|1450th         |
|season          |
|of                  |
|Melancholy   |
|will                |
|be                 |
|aired             |
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
There's my wish

Jompa

If you are wondering about season 3, and know little about the situation, read this:

There is of course no way of knowing wether or not KyoAni decides to continue their greatest series, with another season. We all know that the story continues past The Disappearance, so why wouldn't KyoAni continue?

1. Maybe they are gonna. I mean, it's only been three years. That was the gap between season 1 and season 2 & the movie, so maybe it's the same this time, tho probably it's a larger gap this time.

...or...

2. They aren't gonna make another one because: Who is gonna voice Haruhi!?? That is the key question. "But Jompa, why can't they just have Aya Hirano do the voice for Haruhi, just like she always have?" Well, that's because it turns out miss Aya Hirano more or less is a slut. She had sex with her entire band on her tours, and this was exposed to the public. Apparently it wasn't exactly normal sex either. Imagine how big a scandal this was in Japan! This slaughtered her career. And it gave a bad name to the series, so KyoAni didn't want anything to do with her.
Now, I'm a rational and tolerant man, so to me this isn't anything special. I don't view her as a skank, and I still think she is great! I would love to hear her as Haruhi in a third series, however, the relatively orthodox people of Japan don't feel the same way.

Ta-da! So most probably there wont ever be a continuation of the series. A very sad fact.
Birdo for Smash

Waddle Bro

...so wait, let me get this straight.

Haruhi's voice was deepthroated in a latex suit while she was tied down on a bed and she got fired for that since the entire Japan knows that she was in a gangbang?
seems legit

Jompa

Oh god, Waddle! You could've strikethrough'd that sentence y'know!
But yeah, that's what happened to Aya Hirano. Japan is an asshole.
Birdo for Smash

Waddle Bro

It's hard when you're on 3DS. :< But fixed it.

i decided that when i grow up ill become a japanese musician

Yugi

The weird thing about this is, in Western Countries/Australia, some celebraties got their career started because of sex scandals.

Jompa

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 26, 2013, 03:45:11 PMi decided that when i grow up ill become a japanese musician
Please explain how you're first supposed to become japanese..? :P

And yeah Social, it's unfair isn't it? I mean Aya rock! She deserves better.. couldn't crazy-sex rather become a new trend or something, instead of killing her career..
Birdo for Smash