News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Discussion Thread

Started by SlowPokemon, January 06, 2013, 04:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waddle Bro

Idk if you've read the manga for that spin-off but I'm really excited for the anime adaptation~~~

Yuki is one of my favourite characters in all history :]

Jompa

I'm gonna keep my hopes down until we know who's making it.
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

Ohhhhh if KyoAni isn't making it there's no way I can watch it.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Waddle Bro

Tbh I doubt KyoAni would be making it. But still, I'm excited!

Jompa

Weeell, I kinda think there is at least like a 10% chance it's them - despite the Aya Hirano scandal-stuff that led to them not wanting anything to do with her. I think this because KyoAni and Aya Hirano just worked together on a video game (featuring Haruhi&co) back in summer or something, so a lot of people on the internet have the theory that they've like made up and stuff, which would be amazing. Though I'm just being optimistic, which is something I really don't want to be.
I don't get what KyoAni is even doing these days... Their last 6 shows were garbage, and they haven't made something great in like 11 shows... (at least according to what should be considered the KyoAni-standard)
Birdo for Smash

Maelstrom

Jompa

Are you asking what this entire topic is about, or just what we're discussing right now?

If you're asking about "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya":
It is (imo) an out of this world amazingly capturing and well-done two-seasons-&-one-movie-anime series from 2006, 2009 & 2011, adapted from a novel series. The show can be described as "unique", but at the same time not weird. It covers all kinds of genres, and kinda aces them all imo. And the music is enough reason alone to watch the show - like seriously - holy shit it's amazing.
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is seriously a show that no one can dislike. After watching it you just know that you'll never be able to find anything like it.

If you're asking about the current topic of discussion - the anime adaption of the spin-off manga:
As announced last year, that manga will get an anime adaption, and yesterday it was announced that it will happen sometime in 2015. From what I understand, it will be about Yuki Nagato in the alternate world from the 2011 movie. Wether or not Kyoto Animation will be making this show as well is a pretty big deal for most Haruhi-fans, I believe, so that's what we're discussing about now.
Birdo for Smash

Mashi

Maelstrom

Waddle Bro

Basically maelstrom, if you're real, you'll watch the show

Maelstrom

Quote from: Waddle Bro on August 30, 2014, 04:45:02 PMBasically maelstrom, if you're real, you'll watch the show
So, I'm fake and don't exist because this doesn't really interest me? Interesting logic....

SlowPokemon

While we're on the subject though, even if KyoAni is producing this new series, I can't help but be disappointed that they're not making more Haruhi. I'm sure the Yuki manga is good and all but there's just no way it can stack up.

Jompa

But the way I see it; if KyoAni is doing this series, it means there is hope for more Haruhi.
Birdo for Smash

Jompa

News about the spin-off: All the voices will be done by the same VAs (which is amazing), but it won't be KyoAni - it'll be Satelight - and all the staff members will be new people (which sucks).
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon