News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Started by Jub3r7, January 08, 2013, 07:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pokemon super mystery dungeon

Yes, absolutely!
6 (54.5%)
i guess so
1 (9.1%)
NO, HOW DARE HE?
3 (27.3%)
?? ?? ?? ??
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Jompa

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 03, 2013, 06:14:09 AMSome of us are actually excited about the new Pokemon and (god forbid!) even like the new starters.
then buy the game slow

geez, how is that something to get worked up about?
Birdo for Smash

mikey

I stopped at platinum because I didn't think the pokemon looked as cool.  And because everybody was using them on Pokemon Online, so I was like "screw this I'll beat everybody with 3rd gen pokemon" and proceeded to get owned by ferrothorns and the like.
unmotivated

FierceDeity

Quote from: SlowPokemon on October 03, 2013, 06:23:53 AMidk why you stopped with platinum, Black and White were fantastic.

Agreed. I'm pretty sure the main reason that people dislike newer pokemon games (or starters, for that matter) is because they're caught up in nostalgia over the older ones, and are disappointed when the newer games don't generate the same effect that earlier games had on them when they were younger. The idea that Nintendo is "running out of ideas for pokemon" is kinda bullshit; save for breeding new species of animals to base pokemon off of, I can't really see how they could be doing much better. ...I actually think Honedge is pretty cool...

EDIT:
Quote from: Jompa on October 03, 2013, 06:29:58 AMgeez, how is that something to get worked up about?
Technically, I guess it isn't, but I'll admit it can get rather tiring when people are constantly talking shit about newer generations of pokemon, to the point where the instinctual reaction is just to get mad when anything negative is said XD

mikey

Quote from: FierceDeity on October 03, 2013, 10:44:32 AMAgreed. I'm pretty sure the main reason that people dislike newer pokemon games (or starters, for that matter) is because they're caught up in nostalgia over the older ones, and are disappointed when the newer games don't generate the same effect that earlier games had on them when they were younger. The idea that Nintendo is "running out of ideas for pokemon" is kinda bullshit; save for breeding new species of animals to base pokemon off of, I can't really see how they could be doing much better. ...I actually think Honedge is pretty cool...
Honestly you're probably right...  I have no idea.  It could be because conkeldurr(spelling error?) was called rebushin in japanese, and my friend had a pretty colorful name for it. :/
unmotivated

Waddle Bro

BlackDragonSlayer

Link to a large picture of a new Pokemon
Goomy
[close]
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

JDMEK5

Quote from: FierceDeity on October 03, 2013, 10:44:32 AMThe idea that Nintendo is "running out of ideas for pokemon" is kinda bullcrap; save for breeding new species of animals to base pokemon off of, I can't really see how they could be doing much better.
They could stop using furniture... ::) I mean, next thing you know in the anime, people will be sitting on couch pokemon inside their homes. Or a house pokemon. I mean, they've got basic appliances as well as lamps done, what's next? Thankfully I think they stayed away from that kind of thing in 6th gen for the most part.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Roz~

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on October 03, 2013, 11:51:15 AMHonestly you're probably right...  I have no idea.  It could be because conkeldurr(spelling error?) was called rebushin in japanese, and my friend had a pretty colorful name for it. :/

Conk's Japanese name is Roopushin, not Rebushin.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

mikey

Oh okay.  Yeah, the cussing still works.
unmotivated

FierceDeity

Quote from: JDMEK5 on October 03, 2013, 12:55:01 PMThey could stop using furniture... ::)
Is there some pokemon I'm forgetting? Because all I can think of is the chandelure evolution trio, and I actually really liked that. I'm failing to understand how the fact that it's based on something found in homes has any impact on whether it was a good idea. It's a ghost type based on an object that already has spooky implications. There have been far stupider ideas for pokemon in previous games.
...although, some generation V pokemon I may not be as quick to defend...

JDMEK5

Yeah, you're also forgetting the rotom forms. You know, the lawnmower, the fridge, etc. Fortunately you're right that they haven't done much yet, but let's hope they don't do anymore..
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: JDMEK5 on October 03, 2013, 01:37:01 PMYeah, you're also forgetting the rotom forms. You know, the lawnmower, the fridge, etc. Fortunately you're right that they haven't done much yet, but let's hope they don't do anymore..
To be fair, that makes at least some sense (since Rotom is a ghost, and is possessing these appliances), and they're not actually separate Pokémon, per se.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

K-NiGhT

Quote from: FierceDeity on October 03, 2013, 01:35:54 PM...although, some generation V pokemon I may not be as quick to defend...

I always find it ironic that one of the most hated Gen V Pokemon has the highest base stats of any non-legendary Ice type Pokemon, tying with Lapras.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Roz~

Quote from: JDMEK5 on October 03, 2013, 12:55:01 PMThey could stop using furniture... ::) I mean, next thing you know in the anime, people will be sitting on couch pokemon inside their homes. Or a house pokemon. I mean, they've got basic appliances as well as lamps done, what's next? Thankfully I think they stayed away from that kind of thing in 6th gen for the most part.

Yeah 'cause obviously Voltorb/Electrode/Dugtrio/Magneton/Grimer/Muk were so original.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

mikey

Quote from: Roz~ on October 03, 2013, 01:56:32 PMYeah 'cause obviously Voltorb/Electrode/Dugtrio/Magneton/Grimer/Muk were so original.
lol yeah I don't like grimer and muk either.  This is a list of pokemon that I think were bad :)  See, dugtrio is just 3 digletts, so why is it a new pokemon?  Same with magneton.  Voltorb was a pokeball like electrode, and Grimer and Muk == Trubbish etc.
unmotivated