News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Started by Jub3r7, January 08, 2013, 07:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pokemon super mystery dungeon

Yes, absolutely!
6 (54.5%)
i guess so
1 (9.1%)
NO, HOW DARE HE?
3 (27.3%)
?? ?? ?? ??
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Waddle Bro on November 02, 2013, 04:29:03 PMExp. Share was made for the new players who don't know shit what they're doing, I feel.

Accurate.

Excuse me if I want some challenge in the game and don't want to be able to 1HKO all the gym leaders lol

Also yeah Jompa the ten level thing is accurate
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Waddle Bro

Yeah, I played the main adventure through with mostly three, but at the end four Pokemon and Battle Style: Set, Exp. Share turned off and no megas or EV training. Also no healing items during battle.

I was evenly leveled with NPCs and I did black out a couple of times, which was refreshing considering how I always kick all the ass.

I lost to Sycamore at the beginning. Fucking Ralts knew nothing good and I didn't want to use Chespinben at all. Then Delphox swept my team. And then Swords Dance Scizor. That's about it.

The most fun playthrough I've had on a Pokemon game.

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Bubbles on November 02, 2013, 04:52:23 PMI still had to train certain Pokemon specifically even with Exp Share on. I was never really over 5 levels above the trainers (ten for my starter) and I dont see whats wrong with that
Clearly you were supposed to only be using ratata-tier pokemon and dodge every possible trainer so it was moar hard

me irl
[close]

Roz~

I agree with you when you say that they didn't scale the levels properly. But doesn't that mean that... they didn't take the Exp. Share into consideration? And that yes, the game is too easy because of how the Exp. Share works? I understand your point, but to me the biggest flaw is that they forgot to take the Exp. Share into consideration, and thus didn't scale the trainer levels properly.
I love the Exp. Share, because it makes (EV) training 'mons easier now, but I feel like it was designed to help competitive players, and that maybe it wasn't meant to be used for the story (especially since everyone seems to complain about the overleved 'mons "problem")
I loved the game, and I personally didn't care that much for the overlevel thing, but honestly the Champion battle is kinda underwhelming when you can sweep its team with only one pokémon. =P
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

Lorenzo

I agree that the Experience share is incredibly useful this time round, although I wish they'd put it after you beat the Champion because it does take away the challenge of the game. However it's the best when you're training a whole new load of Pokémon from level 1 to their 60's :D
I hope the Pokémon Bank comes soon so I can keep starting again with different challenges.

Bubbles

The way I see it, the game's default difficulty is "easy" mode, with the Exp Share being more useful and available early on in the game.. There's nothing making you use it, so if you want more of a challenge you can turn it off. When I was little and my team wasn't strong enough to face the next gym leader, I had almost no idea what to do. Battling wild Pokemon took way too long, and not that many trainers were available for me to train (or I trained the wrong Pokemon, essentially wasting the battle). Young kids play this game too, and if they don't know better than to go to the Battle Chateau or whatever to level up they might lose interest

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: Roz~ on November 02, 2013, 07:53:47 PMbut honestly the Champion battle is kinda underwhelming when you can sweep its team with only one pokémon. =P

But this is my other point though, I pretty much am only using 2 or 3 pokemon up to the 3rd gym leader, and am swapping between them like I would be training 'normally'.  So... I feel like just saying exp share is a problem wouldn't quite be correct given that when training at a very similar pace I still end up "overleveled".

But at this point everyone's evidence is anecdotal and you would really have to do a broad, multisampled analysis whether they just straight up made the game easier and for some reason the people saying it's only easy with exp share just have bad training habits, or if it really is just that exp share is imba.  My impression is that it is more of the former, but that's just my personal observation~

However, I can confirm that training a single pokemon has pretty much been a valid strat since RBY so I really don't see how you could make the game more difficulty unless you voluntarily nerf yourself ::)

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

KefkaticFanatic

I fail to see any traits that would merit a valid comparison

me irl
[close]

Yugi

I think I may have removed my destiny knot.

Fuck.

K-NiGhT

Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

Dragonite

Waddle Bro

I'm very hyped about Mega Jynx competitively.

Jompa

I keep finding OST from the this game that is extremely similar to The Melancholy's.
With this for instance. Excluding how the mood, and rythms are almost identical, the glockenspiel melody starts out exactly like the melody in the Rival Encounter music does. Which is kinda fun:)
Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

Quote from: Jompa on November 02, 2013, 04:50:40 PMI will go for the non-exp.share-playing, but it's seriously annoying how the game wasn't designed for that.

Yeah that was happened to me, suddenly my Pokes were so weak I couldn't even defeat some trainers and had to turn it on, which I didn't really want to.

But all in all, I like the change, now it's easier to level up more pokemon at once. Actually, that and the VS Seeker will motivate me to make more teams after I beat it, something I never did before.