News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

TWG XLVI: Have it Your Way Post Game

Started by Toby, January 19, 2013, 02:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on January 19, 2013, 10:22:30 PMOh my glob. It doesnt matter if theyre BOTH wolves. Wolves knew each other, so hitting one would basically hit them all.

Think of it like a game of Minesweeper, if you hit one bomb you explode and game over. If you choose one square (ignoring the numbered blocks that give you hints) you'll have less of a chance of hitting a bomb than if you pick 2 squares

And you werent a step ahead of me because you had no reason to believe Mashi a wolf :P
You're not getting what I'm trying to say: as long as one of them wasn't a wolf, it wouldn't matter. If 1/1 is a wolf, that's 100%; if 1/2 are wolves, at least you have an "honest person" to help detect any fishy-stuff. :P

It's not like Minesweeper; I'd more compare it to crossing a bridge with loose stones (or something like The Last Crusade). If you step on one stone that's safe, and one that's not, at least you can keep your balance.

If I had sent the list earlier, and gone through with what I had said, my point would be carried out further, from an "unknowing-perspective," either spitllama or Mashi could have been a wolf, but not likely both (especially because spitllama seered green, after the fact).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bubbles

Fishy stuff meaning? I doubt a wolfing of the least sudpicious player would seem fishy, since if theyre not suspicious to the humans theyre better off dead

And what bridge has stones :P

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bubbles

I don't see how a stone in the middle of one of those bridges could get loose though

Im sorry. Im tired and cranky.

Toby

BDS, this is what I mean when you were suspicious when it came to suspicion lists. Everyone was sending there suspicion lists to Mashi, yes. Mashi was green so there was nothing to make you think he wasn't human, yet you wanted to send your list to someone else? Its best just to send them to one person.

Also noone sent any suspicion lists to anyone, apart from the wolves (yes the wolves were better humans than any of you were!)

MaestroUGC

The phase endings were bad for me, it was during that crucial time where I just get out of class and have to turn around and go to work. I ended up missing most night phases entirely.

The rampant inactivity should've also been dealt with after day 1, as a host you should be able to see these incoming trends. You gave people a 4 phantom-pass (what?) before kicking them, but your incentive for activity came during dull phases (rarely does anything happen during the night pahses, ever) which ignored the bigger problem (people not voting during the day).
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Toby

You got a phantom for not voting during day...?

Anyhow hope I was a decent enough host in the end! With games like these which require everyone being active it can be hard!

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Mashi

Don't blame the Host for the fault of the Players.  The Host can only do so much to inspire activity.

Toby

Thanks, was just trying to promote activity.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: The Boy Who Cried Wolf on January 20, 2013, 05:46:31 AMBDS, this is what I mean when you were suspicious when it came to suspicion lists. Everyone was sending there suspicion lists to Mashi, yes. Mashi was green so there was nothing to make you think he wasn't human, yet you wanted to send your list to someone else? Its best just to send them to one person.
Well, there were two main reasons I wanted to send it to two people:
1: If one person was a wolf, and one was not, there would still be one human who had my suspicion list, meaning that, no matter what the wolves might have done, they could not try to use it against me (or, rather, manipulate it).
2: I thought spitllama was a wolf, and if one was a wolf, and the other wasn't, the non-wolf might be able to help me against the wolf. The chances that they were both wolves was small enough that it would be worth taking a risk.

At the time, I wasn't actually suspicious of Mashi, but placing your trust in only one person (and unable to be completely confirmed) is not a smart idea to do, unless it's your plan to do that.
Though, the plan I did have was interrupted by finals and the end of the phase.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bird

Quote from: Mashi on January 20, 2013, 08:45:51 AMDon't blame the Host for the fault of the Players.  The Host can only do so much to inspire activity.
Blame the wolves!!!!!
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Mashi

blueflower999

I was lazy this game. Sorry, everyone. I'll try to do better...
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Mashi on January 20, 2013, 12:05:34 PMno lets blame the birds

"What is Touhou? That's like asking 'What are birds.' WE JUST DON'T KNOW."
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.