News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Who is your favorite video game composer?

Started by SlowPokemon, January 19, 2013, 06:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is your favorite video game composer?

Koji Kondo (Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, etc.)
Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy II, etc.)
Tomohito Nishiura (Professor Layton, Dark Cloud)
Daisuke Amaya (Cave Story)
Mahito Yokota (Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2, etc.)
Ryo Nagamatsu (Super Mario Galaxy 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, etc.)
Jun'ichi Masuda (Pokémon Red and Blue, Pokémon Gold and Silver, etc.)
Go Ichinose (Pokémon Gold and Silver, Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire, etc.)
Hitomi Sato (Pokémon Crystal, Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, etc.)
Shota Kageyama (Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, Pokémon Black and White)
Kazumi Totaka (Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, etc.)
Yoko Shimomura (Kingdom Hearts, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, etc.)
Jun Ishikawa (Kirby's Dream Land, Kirby Super Star, etc.)
Arata Iiyoshi / Atsuhiro Ishizuna (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team and Blue Rescue Team, etc.)
Other (specify in thread)

SlowPokemon

MASSIVE mayhem poll. I listed the major ones, but I had to stop somewhere. I know a lot of you have favorite composers who aren't on the list, hence the "other" option.

You get three votes, here are mine:

1. Tomohito Nishiura -- his music for the Layton series is my favorite in any video game.
2. Mahito Yokota -- his orchestral work on the Super Mario Galaxy games is absolutely top-notch, most likely the best achievement on the list.
3. Hitomi Sato -- although simple, her cute music for the Pokémon series represents some of the best of the newer games in the canon.

Post your own votes below!
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Yugi

My Other vote was for Hitoshi Sakimoto (FFXII)

And you could list Nobou Uematsu as Final Fantasy I-X, Super Smash Bros Brawl, but that's my personal oponion

Bubbles

Arata Iiyoshi / Atsuhiro Ishizuna, Koji Kondo, and Tomohito Nishiura = basically my entire life

blueflower999

I simply have too many favorites. This was hard.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

TheZeldaPianist275

Yeah, there are a lot of good ones.... but Kondo takes the bacon.  He's just too influential.

MaestroUGC

No Grant Kirkhope, Dave Wise, Robin Beanland?

Why does Rareware not get any love, do you just hate British people?

Uncool, man. Uncool.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SlowPokemon

I know David Wise wrote the Donkey Kong music, but no idea who the other two are.

MaestroUGC

Get out. Turn in your VG Music card and get out.

Go learn you some music, then maybe you can come back.

Maybe.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Yugi

Also, Christopher Tin should be on there, he is the most acclaimed out of all of these composers.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 19, 2013, 08:15:53 PMGet out. Turn in your VG Music card and get out.

Go learn you some music, then maybe you can come back.

Maybe.

No, I won't get out; just because I don't know who two composers are don't mean I know nothing about video game music -_-

Looking up the other two, I have never played any of the games they've composed for. So no, I won't "turn in my VG Music card."

Bubbles

Quote from: SocialFox on January 19, 2013, 08:17:57 PMAlso, Christopher Tin should be on there, he is the most acclaimed out of all of these composers.

Is he the composer of Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts? ::)

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on January 19, 2013, 08:02:13 PMYeah, there are a lot of good ones.... but Kondo takes the bacon.  He's just too influential.
If it wasnt for him and his compositions, I can safely say that I would not be here today. I remember being in 3rd grade after 3 years of piano, and wanting to quit so badly because all of the music seemed the same to me. Then I found this website (You've probably heard of herbalcell.com?) where this girl arranges sheet music, including versions with letters on the notes for easy readings. Basically all of the music I downloaded from there was Kondo, and it kept me playing for another 7 years and counting. Of course I found this place thanks to Bespinben but you know, she was first :P

Jeez now that I think about it, my life would literally be nothing without music. I would sit and stare at my walls all day. I doubt I would become the stereotypical teenager who cries over Justin Bieber or whoever it is now. I would just be... an empty shell

Yugi

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on January 19, 2013, 08:33:14 PMIs he the composer of Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts? ::)

Does Baba yetu mean anything to you.

Also, I wouldn't be here he he never existed, so there you go.

Bubbles

Yugi

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on January 19, 2013, 08:43:40 PMNo :3
Then It should. Baba yetu is the only piece of video game music to ever a Grammy award.

SlowPokemon

I'm sure it's much better than anything by any of the composers in the poll ::)