News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Who is your favorite video game composer?

Started by SlowPokemon, January 19, 2013, 06:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is your favorite video game composer?

Koji Kondo (Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, etc.)
Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy II, etc.)
Tomohito Nishiura (Professor Layton, Dark Cloud)
Daisuke Amaya (Cave Story)
Mahito Yokota (Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2, etc.)
Ryo Nagamatsu (Super Mario Galaxy 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, etc.)
Jun'ichi Masuda (Pokémon Red and Blue, Pokémon Gold and Silver, etc.)
Go Ichinose (Pokémon Gold and Silver, Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire, etc.)
Hitomi Sato (Pokémon Crystal, Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, etc.)
Shota Kageyama (Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, Pokémon Black and White)
Kazumi Totaka (Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, etc.)
Yoko Shimomura (Kingdom Hearts, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, etc.)
Jun Ishikawa (Kirby's Dream Land, Kirby Super Star, etc.)
Arata Iiyoshi / Atsuhiro Ishizuna (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team and Blue Rescue Team, etc.)
Other (specify in thread)

Yugi

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 19, 2013, 08:51:33 PMI'm sure it's much better than anything by any of the composers in the poll ::)
Well on the fame/award scale, it is, although there are much better songs than it in my opinion.

BlackDragonSlayer

Koji Kondo: Obvious
Nobuo Uematsu: Obvious
Jun'ichi Masuda (Shota Kageyama close, though): So much iconic music.

I almost voted for Jun Ishikawa or Other (David Wise).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SuperFireKirby

Tomohito Nishiura is the most BEAUTIFUL vg composer evur. Jun Ishikawa is pretty coll as well.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

The Deku Trombonist

Koichi Sugiyama, the dude responsible for Dragon Quest music. Though I'd have to say I really like the RareWare dudes as well as Hajime Wakai.

Bloop

I pretty much miss Grant Kirkhope here. Ya know, Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Donkey Kong 64..

blueflower999

Robin Beanland is really good, and so is David Wise. I like them both. Of course, though, I'm partial towards Shogo Sakai, Keiichi Suzuki, and Hirokazu Tanaka, the first two did the Mother games, and the last one did Mother games as well as Dr. Mario, Kid Icarus, Metroid, and numerous other great games. And also became the president of Creatures Inc.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

Some of the Dr. Mario themes are really excellent. I liked the Brawl arrangement of "Chill."
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

GaryOak

Uematsu absolutely, I think he's totally on his own league. Genius man. I've always liked Yuzo Koshiro's style too.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

Olimar12345

Kondo, Amaya, Wakai, and Tanaka. Also Deku is right, the Rareware people like Robin Beanland and Graeme Norgate are fantastic writers.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

JDMEK5

What!? Toru Minegishi (Super Mario Sunshine, Multiple Zelda) isn't on this poll!
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

SlowPokemon

^Koji Kondo composed any music from Sunshine that was spectacular (though really the only piece that wasn't annoying was Delfino Plaza)

MaestroUGC

Sunshine is probably Kondo's weaker scores of the Mario series, but it had more than Delfino Plaza going fo it, if I may say so. Did you forget the acapella version of the Mario Bros. Theme in the secret stages? Still my all time favorite version of the piece to this day.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

SlowPokemon

I remembered it, but I was only counting new compositions. And most of the other new compositions were either not so fantastic or re-arrangements of Delfino Plaza. :P

JDMEK5

Ok then, forget Sunshine. He did the Main Theme for Twilight Princess and was a big figure in the music for the other Zelda games (GameCube and newer).
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.