Untitled - Liggy - [LINK]
4 (20%)
It's Complicated - The Boy Who Cried Wolf - [LINK]
2 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: February 02, 2013, 06:28:02 AM

Thiannon

Some feedback/questions for the prospective hosts:

Slow: You've mandated anonymity while simultaneously stating that guessing one another's true identities isn't the point of the game. What, then, is the point of the anonymity? Just to have a bit of fun? I'm certainly not against that, and it could be interesting to watch the wolves try to leverage the general chaos that erupts (because believe me, it will) to remain inconspicuous, but I think you should be mindful that the game might not "feel" much like a TWG, for what that's worth. That's not to say it's not worth trying, of course. I'd probably sign up. 2/10 with cardflipping and general craziness seems balanced, though be mindful that an early wolf lynch could grossly tip the scales in the humans' favour, particularly if the other wolf is the kind of player prone to just giving up when the odds are stacked against him--something I've seen on NSM in the past. You might try changing this to a 3/15, though that would be a long game.

FSM: You're heading in the right direction with this. I'm assuming the guard can't guard himself? If so, you've probably done a decent job protecting against alliance formation, assuming that was your goal. I do agree with verm that the wolves should be able to use the mask powers. You might consider changing the Tribute to a Sensor-type role that is told who received a mask (but not which mask he received) at the beginning of each night phase. (I just don't find the Tribute roles that interesting, to be honest--no one likes sacrificing himself in a TWG, no matter how much it might help his team.) This might mean that the Sensor and Link link up quite quickly (i.e. by Night 2), however.

Like verm, I'm not sure what the HMS's strategy should be. Have you considered allowing him to assign the two non-Link masks? That would allow him to give masks to players that look suspicious and force the humans to choose between lynching a potential wolf and handing the HMS a mask. I was going to suggest you have him assign all three masks, but of course that doesn't work with Link in the picture. How wedded are you to the Link role? Either way, I'd recommend you check out this game from FFR (here's its postgame), which is similar to what I think you're trying to do here.

BDS: Looks like a pretty standard alliance game. I would take the blinders off the Oni wolf to try and even things out. You might consider moving the Psychic's results to the end of Night, as well. Yes, I know this is a 3/9, but the humans have a Psychic AND a Seer, plus a Guard. I'm assuming it won't be revealed in the topic if the red tourist is attacked, as that would all but confirm him.

You might consider amping your wolves up a bit and adding a couple more humans to compensate; as is, you're looking at a short game with some potentially huge balance swings.

Liggy: Looking good! Twelve players is so tight, though--as I said in my above comments, be prepared for some huge balance swings and general craziness. You might want to toss in a few more humans and adjust accordingly.
We can't let morality stop progress! - mnrogar

SlowPokemon

Hey! I'll address your comments now.

Quote from: Thiannon on January 29, 2013, 06:58:21 PMSlow: You've mandated anonymity while simultaneously stating that guessing one another's true identities isn't the point of the game. What, then, is the point of the anonymity? Just to have a bit of fun? I'm certainly not against that, and it could be interesting to watch the wolves try to leverage the general chaos that erupts (because believe me, it will) to remain inconspicuous, but I think you should be mindful that the game might not "feel" much like a TWG, for what that's worth. That's not to say it's not worth trying, of course.

Really, I'm just trying to make it so that they don't get caught up trying to guess one another's identity. The last time we did something like this, we were all obsessed with guessing who was who and it really detracted from the actual discovering the wolves aspect. This time I'm planning on issuing a rule that if you even once try to guess another player's NSM identity in the thread, you'll be awarded with instant death or something severe like that. The problem with this site is that we know each other pretty well and tend to be biased based on others' identities, not just their behavior during the game.

Quote from: Thiannon on January 29, 2013, 06:58:21 PM2/10 with cardflipping and general craziness seems balanced, though be mindful that an early wolf lynch could grossly tip the scales in the humans' favour, particularly if the other wolf is the kind of player prone to just giving up when the odds are stacked against him--something I've seen on NSM in the past. You might try changing this to a 3/15, though that would be a long game.

I could see that happening; and while I would really hope that wouldn't happen I realize it's sometimes unavoidable. I would like to go 3 out of 15, but I highly doubt enough people would sign up. If we had enough people willing to play, I would be more than happy to add three players to the list, but as stated before I kind of doubt we'll even get twelve. In fact, I was even considering doing 3/12 and making one of the current humans a wolf, just to balance out the ratio.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Thiannon

Whoops, I meant a 3/12 there, yeah. I think you might be surprised by the number of sign-ups you get--people seem to really want to play your game, and NSM TWG in general seems to be pretty popular lately. It's something to keep in mind for when sign-ups roll around if you do win, anyway.

Thanks for answering my questions!

Bird

(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Thiannon

You would never be able to meet my list of demands!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Thiannon on January 29, 2013, 06:58:21 PMBDS: Looks like a pretty standard alliance game. I would take the blinders off the Oni wolf to try and even things out. You might consider moving the Psychic's results to the end of Night, as well. Yes, I know this is a 3/9, but the humans have a Psychic AND a Seer, plus a Guard. I'm assuming it won't be revealed in the topic if the red tourist is attacked, as that would all but confirm him.

You might consider amping your wolves up a bit and adding a couple more humans to compensate; as is, you're looking at a short game with some potentially huge balance swings.
The reason why Ryu-Jin doesn't know his partners is because, if he didn't, his power would have a greater chance of succeeding (meaning that there might as well just be four wolves), aside from the three specials. Having blinders brings up the possibility of him being wolfed (which would negate the power), adding an extra level of strategy.

You're correct about the wolfsbane. Do you suggest that I add the four "extra" players as permanent players?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

Ah what the Hell,  said I would post a faction game so here goes!

TWG: It's Complicated.

This is a game with the 3 basic specials, but with a twist! Vigilantes won't all be the same, Guardians won't all be the same and Seer's certainly will not be the same!

Double Trouble

01. Vig-
02. Guardian-
03. Seer-

May use their ability twice on Night 1 and Night 2.

Pass it on

04. Vig
- Ability is given to Guardian when killed.
05. Guardian- Ability is given to Seer when killed.
06. Seer- Ability is given to Vig when killed.

The ability that is passed on is 2 shot.
The 2 shot abilities may be used simultaneously with their original ability.
The 2 shot abilities must be used during the next night phase of receiving them.
Once a 2 shot ability is used it is gone, if a player recieves a 2 shot ability but does not use it, it will be passed on to the next player if the player dies.

A bit of everything

07. Vig-
08. Guardian-
09. Seer-

Each player can have 3 extra abilities choosing from 3 Guards, 3 seers and 1 vig.
This teams basic powers are activated on night 2.
Abilities can be used simultaneously, including the one from their basic one.
The abilities must be used on Night 1 or Night 2.

Night and day

10. Vig
- Vote counts for a third of the players. (Not shown in vote count)
11. Guardian- May stop a player from being lynched (player with second highest votes is lynched instead)
12. Seer- May seer a player and the colour is revealed publicly.

They can use these similiar abilities during day 1 and 2 only.

Specifics

13. Vig-
14. Guardian-
15. Seer-

Each night may choose a team to use their ability on and a random player from that team (including that person if they choose their own team) will have the ability used on them.
They can do this once only.
This ability is used simultaneously with their basic ones.

Basic roles

Vig- Can kill a player each night
Guardian- Can guard a player each night from killings and seerings
Seer- May find out the colour of a player each night.

Extra things:

Every player has an all round 1 shot guard activated from the beginning of the game. This allows a player to be protected from 1 killing and 1 seering only.

On night 3 every player's special ability (apart from their basic ones) will be gone after night 3 (this exludes Team 2, 'Pass it on' as their power requires team deaths.

Waddle Bro

Hunter of Souls

Quote from: Waddle Bro on January 30, 2013, 11:56:32 AM...How do the wolfings work?

A wild guess: there are no wolves, this is a team game. Boy can correct me.

Otherwise, please no more games to this sign-up. We have five good games already, and choosing one from these is enough pain. Over half of these will get the 2-round prohibition. And that is sad for the host candidates. More games would mean more sad people not being able to host for some time. And more pain for the voters. And that would also be sad.
Insert something funny or something wise that makes you look like a cool person...

Waddle Bro

FSM just packed his bags and left the clinic! :D

Text:
"Mashi tinychat when I get there :3 I've got so much stuff to talk about!"

Toby

Hunter of Souls

Insert something funny or something wise that makes you look like a cool person...

Bird

Faction games are games with multiple teams. Each team has its own win condition. In a game like this, the win condition will likely be to kill everyone on the other teams and be the last team standing.

Here are two examples: [1] [2]
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

FSM-Reapr

Back and now I won't leave for a while.

Quote from: Thiannon on January 29, 2013, 06:58:21 PMFSM:*lotsa spaghetti*
Thank you for your comments. I've made some changes now, so feel free to check it out.
The reason why I don't like to let go of the Tribute is because of the theme(Tael and Tatl are fairies, they revive people in the game).

Also thx Verm.

Quote from: The Boy Who Cried Wolf on January 29, 2013, 02:36:44 PMWaddle/FSM: If the person holding the Deku mask is sniped will the snipers ability be lost?

Can the guardian guard himself?

When the tribute dies and revives someone is that player protected from everything but an insta?
Yes. No. No.

FSM-Reapr

I'm afraid I have to make a post about this, sorry for teh off-topicness:
Quote from: Yugi on January 29, 2013, 02:40:19 PM[9:31 AM] yugikun: one of the most easily cureable cancers according to wikipedia
Although I don't react to my cancer so seriously, that was a dick thing to say. I have met people here who are struggling for their lives, so I can't even describe how awful that was.
You just lost some respect from me, gj.

Quote from: The Boy Who Cried Wolf on January 29, 2013, 03:15:01 PMStill, you did say it, just letting you know it's not funny.
I thought it was funny. lol
It was so obvious that he wasn't serious. :P

Everybody relax, I know that I'm going to be fine. I don't need any sympathy votes. I have my entire life ahead of me, so I'll have time to host. In fact, it would hurt my feelings if you'd give me any sympathy votes. If I'm going to win, I want it to be a fair win.
So please, vote for the game you think is the most fun. :D

Quote from: Bird on January 29, 2013, 03:32:20 PMHope FSM gets better soon.
also bird actually said something that was unrelated to twg in any means omfg