What are you listening to right now?

Started by Ricky, January 30, 2013, 09:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magic Mole

^ Saw this and thought I'd check it out for myself. I was not disappointed   ;)
Everybody needs some good ol' head boppin' funk every once and a while

DrP

Also
First, I LOVE this song.
Second, It is shot mainly in Central Coast locations (minus SF)
But what makes it even better is something very significant in my life happened at 1:50 in the video on May 31, 2014. The first time I truly accepted my sexuality and told my college friends. Not my first time coming out though.
Which makes this song AWESOME!

AwesomeYears

Uhh, does this count, I mean it is music...

Maelstrom

^Nope. Broken youtube links never count.

AwesomeYears

Probably broken because mobile link :P Let me try that again...

AwesomeYears

DrP

This song is currently stuck in my head.

The melody is reminiscent of music from the 1950s and the 1960s (e.g. The Byrds). But once the lyrics come in, it's something to make someone from the 1950s want to flip off the radio, as it is a blatant reference to cunnilingus.

I love the juxtaposition of the melody that is pure and the lyrics that are so dirty.

MaestroUGC

Chopin's second scherzo is probably my most favorite piece of his.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

I don't think I could call it my favorite work of his, but the B flat minor scherzo is a lot of fun to play and listen to (I mess around with it every once in a while).
what is shitpost

MaestroUGC

I've always preferred Chopin's more bombastic works, and the second scherzo always struck me as an indication of the kind of music he would've written had he not been so sickly all of his life.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Liszt to me seems like the embodiment of those kinds of works. He too, however, wrote beautiful pieces (Liebestraum 3 comes to mind, partially because I'm studying it :P)
what is shitpost

MaestroUGC

Liszt is one of my top three. His piano style shapes a lot of my own various works for the piano (in case you couldn't tell). Though I'm more partial to his orchestral works.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Liszt is great, as is Rachmaninoff for that kind of composition. You may also like the Chopin Etudes, as well as the Liszt ones.
what is shitpost