Games that PISS YOU THE F**K OFF

Started by Olimar12345, February 02, 2013, 12:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolf

Cheetahmen 2.
Hard, frustrating, and a glitch that won't make me play the rest of the game. Avgn should be very lucky because he actually managed to play the rest of the levels.
Trust me. If anyone played this game before, then you know how much it makes you mad!
The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

Olimar12345

There is no reason for the original Rayman to be absent from this topic. It was the destroyer of childhoods...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Jub3r7

mario the lost levels

also megaman 1 ice level
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

Oh God... Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels...
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

blueflower999

Something tells me I don't want to try that game...  :P
Bulbear! Blueflower999

FSM-Reapr

Dudeman

Quote from: blueflower999 on February 04, 2013, 01:08:54 PMAGH ICEMAN ALSKFJDSKLFAJDSLFS /rage
Oh, come on. It's not as bad as Quick Man.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

blueflower999

...I always thought they were quick sand.  :-\
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Wolf

Quote from: Jub3r7 on February 04, 2013, 10:59:36 AMmario the lost levels

I didn't think Super Mario Bros the lost levels was that frustrating.
The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

BlackDragonSlayer

Super Metroid is among the best games ever, yet it is also the most frustrating.

One word: Maridia

Quicksand, extensive use of the grapple beam (which is rather hard to use for longer periods of time), frustrating enemies, long distances to climb... Before you get the Space Jump (obviously you need the Gravity Suit to get through), it's a "rip-all-your-hair-out-in-frustration" experience. -_-

You get to electrocute Draygon, though... :P
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Shadoninja

[Redacted]
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Cobraroll

What really annoys me is multiplayer games where the AI aren't restricted by the same rules as human players. When they gain unfair advantages and perks you can never access, or extra resources for free. I understand that it's impossible to program an AI to play like a human, but game balance isn't acquired by giving the AI random advantages and exploits.

A major offender is Mario Kart Wii.

Seriously, it has one of the worst cases of cheating AI ever implemented in a game. AI getting items at random - check, AI getting inexplicable speed boosts if you drive too fast for them (so playing like an ace isn't rewarded) - check, synchronized usage of items by AI, so their "random" attacks hit you in a perfect sequence (blooper + POW + lightning, for instance) - check, different traction applied for karts when AI drives - check. Try once to drive with two human players and AI (no items). If one player alone drives like a god, taking every turn and every speed boost perfectly, the AI will still catch up to him. But if another player is added, who drives like an average player, the AI will stick around him/her and give him plenty of opportunities to advance to second place while the first player might beat them all by a minute or more.

Mario Kart Super Circuit also has a pretty annoying AI system: AI bots perform according to how well they rank in the current race. Meaning that if an opponent has placed first in the first race of a cup, he or she will drive significantly better in the subsequent races. In the first race, the "ace driver" will always be Princess Peach, or Toad if the player chooses Peach. If Peach is defeated and ranks way down after the first race, she will perform a lot worse in the next races while the highest-ranking opponent will overtake her driving skills. I suppose this is to give you sort of a "rival" to race against, to simply ensure that you're given a worthwile opponent, or to prevent you from leading the cup with too many points by making one AI bot consistently earning many points in every race throughout the cup.

Another frustrating game is James Bond: NightFire. Once an AI bot acquires a weapon, (s)he will have an unlimited amount of ammunition for that weapon. The size of every magazine stays the same, so they have to reload just as often as you, but the AI can apparently carry endlessly many magazines. This is especially annoying for the Golden Gun (where you only get two one-shot magazines every time you find the weapon), the rocket launchers (where you only can carry two magazines) or the laser (which has unlimited ammo, but overheats - for you only). The AI bots can also turn around and/or toggle weapons instantly, whereas human players have a fixed turning speed (about three seconds for a full circle) and have to go through the "putting gun down, taking another out" ammunition before being able to switch again. Nothing is more annoying than chasing after an opponent, firing at him but missing, then suddenly, in the blink of an eye, he turns around and shoots you with an entirely different weapon than he had carried when he ran. Wielding some weapons, the AI bots also have a reaction speed of literally zero. It's an enjoyable game, but very annoying when your opponents don't play by the same rules as you do.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Cobraroll on February 07, 2013, 04:57:12 AMWhat really annoys me is multiplayer games where the AI aren't restricted by the same rules as human players. When they gain unfair advantages and perks you can never access, or extra resources for free. I understand that it's impossible to program an AI to play like a human, but game balance isn't acquired by giving the AI random advantages and exploits.

A major offender is Mario Kart Wii.
Yep; I don't get why the "Overpowered AI Effect" is so prominent... it just makes a game worse to play.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber