TWG XLVIII: 72 Hours Remaining

Started by FSM-Reapr, February 03, 2013, 03:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on February 08, 2013, 05:04:37 AMYou've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
NO, I WAS SAVING THAT FOR LATER

JURK

Bubbles

Yugi

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Yugi on February 09, 2013, 01:01:35 AMWell this has become dead.
Are you people afraid of discussion, and are worried that people will become suspicious of you??
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Hunter of Souls

People asking the mask holders to reveal themselves are sooooooo suspicious. Why?

Deku: the first mask HSM has to get through lynching. The holder can't die through vigi, so HSM can't retrieve it that way. Instead, he would try to get the people claiming in the thread, so he didn't have to rely on the chance that at some point some deku mask holder would get wolfed. Sooooooo suspicious.

Goron: the second mask HSM has to get through lynching. Some wolf has this at this point, and the chance of a wuff claiming this is so low, prosuming the wolves know how to play. Even later a wolf wouldn't claim the mask. Sooooooo useless, but sooooooo suspicious for the HSM. Why? HSM wants this mask, because then he can vigi the next Zora mask holder. If people were stupid enough to claim these,  Sooooooo suspicious.

Zora: doesn't really matter, HSM would get this anyway, and asking the mask is almost useless. Not sooooooo suspicious, except for the fact that no HSM would ask just for the first two masks.

And why HSM wanted these? Because if the wolves would be stupid enough to false-counterclaiming any of these, HSM could try to get people paranoid enough to vote for a real mask holder.

At this point BDS and Maestro have wanted the masked ones to claim. Because I'll be away for the rest of the phase (again), I'll go with Maestro, for the fact that he doesn't usually ask stupid questions and such. Defense appreciated.

But now that BDS asked more eagerly some information, he could be HSM as well. However, BDS is like this every damn time, so I can't (for now) say wether he is just doing the basic BDS (being suspicious) or a bad HSM play. Also defense appreciated.

Discuss the wall of text. Or something, it's too quiet over here.
Insert something funny or something wise that makes you look like a cool person...

MaestroUGC

Yes, I'm asking for masks to claim, so that way we don't kill them.

But you are right about something, the wolves won't counter claim any of the mask holders, for two reasons:

1) So the actual holder doesn't get lynched
2) So they don't get lynced themselves.

The masks are the centerpiece in the game, they are also the most crucial element. Having them publicly claim is the best option so that way everyone knows to avoid them during the wolfings and lynches. Having them claim privately to one person isn't useful because only a few would know about it, since communication here is rather lacking.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Hunter of Souls

I was supposed to be away, but I got some more time. Just some.

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 09, 2013, 07:08:50 AMYes, I'm asking for masks to claim, so that way we don't kill them.

But you are right about something, the wolves won't counter claim any of the mask holders, for two reasons:

1) So the actual holder doesn't get lynched
2) So they don't get lynced themselves.

The masks are the centerpiece in the game, they are also the most crucial element. Having them publicly claim is the best option so that way everyone knows to avoid them during the wolfings and lynches. Having them claim privately to one person isn't useful because only a few would know about it, since communication here is rather lacking.

My stuff was crap. I know the mask holders should claim. Like BDS said, people won't talk. I just tried to come up  with something for you guys to discuss. But I keep the vote, it probably will not affect anything.

I hate quiet games like this, wolves or HSM win this way. So sad to see humans so weak. Vigi is no use, it's just a matter of luck. Majora can fake a seering. Tribute is no use, there is nobody worth reviving as long as people won't talk. The whole alliance can't do anything, part from guarding somebody. So sad.

If you guys have an idea how humans could do anything to get more information, post it or PM it to somebody you trust. Break the damn silence.
Insert something funny or something wise that makes you look like a cool person...

MaestroUGC

We could do better if people started talking, we could co-ordinate the use masks and such.

Isn't Jub supposedly the alliance leader, or did we give up on that? Why? Where did everybody go? There was tons of activity Night 1, so why'd it stop? There's no game if you people don't play.

Jub3r7

We have a problem!

davy was seered navy before he died, meaning he had the goron mask. The HMS has the upperhand right now.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

TheZeldaPianist275

Yes, of all the masks he could have gotten that was the worst.  Now he can just take potshots every day.

Unless he's already dead.  FSM, what happens to the masks if the person holding one dies but the HMS is dead too?

MaestroUGC

That's a good question. They would either die with him (as most items tend to die with the player holding them) or go back into play, which creates some long term logistical nightmares trying to plan out winnng strategies.

Although, as long as one mask is in play at all times, then we are in a good spot.

Ok, so this is bad. HSM knows who has the masks, meaning collecting them is a matter of diligence for him. Who has the other two masks then? I want to try not to give HSM anymore of an advantage than he's got at this point. They're going to be shuffled again at the end of the phase, so HSM won't get anything from knowing who has what right now.

davy

Quote from: Jub3r7 on February 09, 2013, 08:56:31 AMWe have a problem!

davy was seered navy before he died, meaning he had the goron mask. The HMS has the upperhand right now.

Am I dead?!
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

MaestroUGC

Wait, no you're not.

Well, if you have the Goron mask, and are not dead, then that's good. One less for HMS.

FSM-Reapr

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on February 09, 2013, 09:06:53 AMFSM, what happens to the masks if the person holding one dies but the HMS is dead too?
They will be lost in the void. :o

FSM-Reapr

Reminder
Quote from: the sausage market13. As of January 17th, 2013, following TWG XLVI: Have it Your Way, hosts are allowed to replace players who receive phantom votes, at their discretion. Any player who receives two phantom votes in one game will given a single game ban, but will not be ejected from the current game. If a player has a really, really good excuse for why they weren't able to come online for 2 minutes and make a safety vote, the phantom penalty may be waived.