TWG XLVIII: 72 Hours Remaining

Started by FSM-Reapr, February 03, 2013, 03:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Hunter of Souls on February 09, 2013, 02:03:03 AMAt this point BDS and Maestro have wanted the masked ones to claim. Because I'll be away for the rest of the phase (again), I'll go with Maestro, for the fact that he doesn't usually ask stupid questions and such. Defense appreciated.

But now that BDS asked more eagerly some information, he could be HSM as well. However, BDS is like this every damn time, so I can't (for now) say wether he is just doing the basic BDS (being suspicious) or a bad HSM play. Also defense appreciated.

Discuss the wall of text. Or something, it's too quiet over here.
I want the mask holders to claim so that we don't lynch/vigi them, and so that the HMS DOESN'T get the masks; that would be rather contradictory and would help nobody. :P

I'll have to think about it a bit more before I vote.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

the_last_sheikah

Ok, I have an idea to narrow down who the HMS could, in fact, be.
Because he can't randomly obtain a mask, those players who have are not him.
Quote1. blueflower999
2. the_last_sheikah
3. Jub3r7
4. vermilionvermin
5. TheZeldaPianist275
6. Winter
7. MaestroUGC
8. Liggy
9. Hunter of Souls
10. Bubbles7689
11. davy
12. BlackDragonSlayer
13. The Boy Who Cried Wolf
14. shadowkirby
15. SocialFox/Yugi
Dead players "most likely" aren't him.  I say most likely because the only lynched player was winter, and though it would be quite ironic if he was the HMS, I doubt he was.
Quote1. blueflower999
2. the_last_sheikah
3. Jub3r7
4. vermilionvermin
5. TheZeldaPianist275
6. Winter
7. MaestroUGC
8. Liggy
9. Hunter of Souls
10. Bubbles7689
11. davy
12. BlackDragonSlayer
13. The Boy Who Cried Wolf
14. shadowkirby
15. SocialFox/Yugi
Finally, if we are to assume that jub is Tael from lack of counterclaims, we are left with the following players who could be the HMS with the current info:

1. blueflower999
5. TheZeldaPianist275
7. MaestroUGC
9. Hunter of Souls
12. BlackDragonSlayer
14. shadowkirby
15. SocialFox/Yugi

At least two of these people are current mask holders, and should claim so we can better narrow down the search.  Seer results should also be shared to eliminate more players from the list.  Sorry for the long post, I'll decide who to vote for later after more info is revealed.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: the_last_sheikah on February 09, 2013, 11:16:36 AM1. blueflower999
5. TheZeldaPianist275
7. MaestroUGC
9. Hunter of Souls
12. BlackDragonSlayer
14. shadowkirby
15. SocialFox/Yugi
I have a feeling that this will make people a lot more paranoid about me, especially after last game... :P
The real HMS will certainly use that to his advantage.  :-\

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on February 09, 2013, 11:00:54 AMThey will be lost in the void. :o

What would have made this game REALLY awesome is if instead of three normal humans, there were the Deku butler's son, Darmani, and Mikau, who are just like normal humans, but when they die, they turn into the Deku, Goron, and Zora masks respectively to be then used as they are right now. :O

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on February 09, 2013, 11:14:09 AMI want the mask holders to claim so that we don't lynch/vigi them, and so that the HMS DOESN'T get the masks; that would be rather contradictory and would help nobody. :P

I'll have to think about it a bit more before I vote.

I think I agree with this, as the wolves can't hit them and the HMS will stick out like a sore thumb if he tries to get them lynched.

Quote from: the_last_sheikah on February 09, 2013, 11:16:36 AMOk, I have an idea to narrow down who the HMS could, in fact, be.
Because he can't randomly obtain a mask, those players who have are not him.Dead players "most likely" aren't him.  I say most likely because the only lynched player was winter, and though it would be quite ironic if he was the HMS, I doubt he was.Finally, if we are to assume that jub is Tael from lack of counterclaims, we are left with the following players who could be the HMS with the current info:

1. blueflower999
5. TheZeldaPianist275
7. MaestroUGC
9. Hunter of Souls
12. BlackDragonSlayer
14. shadowkirby
15. SocialFox/Yugi

At least two of these people are current mask holders, and should claim so we can better narrow down the search.  Seer results should also be shared to eliminate more players from the list.  Sorry for the long post, I'll decide who to vote for later after more info is revealed.

This is good, unless one of the mask holders has already died, in which case the HMS would have a mask and claim to have it.  And we'd be searching in the wrong place.  Are we sure all three masks are out of the HMS's hands?

the_last_sheikah

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on February 09, 2013, 11:20:00 AMThis is good, unless one of the mask holders has already died, in which case the HMS would have a mask and claim to have it.  And we'd be searching in the wrong place.  Are we sure all three masks are out of the HMS's hands?

We don't know that, but as long as all the mask holders claimed to jub at some point, then we should be ok.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

MaestroUGC

The masks move each night phase, so the players holding them will always change.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

the_last_sheikah

But the HMS can't get them from the nightly re-roll.  So if someone had one at some point, they aren't him.

MaestroUGC

Yes, but what's to stop him from claiming a mask he has gotten from a dead player?

Or from just outright lying?

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 09, 2013, 11:53:40 AMYes, but what's to stop him from claiming a mask he has gotten from a dead player?

Or from just outright lying?
Because false-claiming only works for one night.

Outright lying doesn't work combined with everybody else's facts, as well, unless the HMS is REALLY charismatic. :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

MaestroUGC

I suppose, but it's still not going to be a clear-cut process of elimination, because Link always get's a mask, plus it is possible for some players to never get one, thanks to random chance.

I'm just saying we need to find a supportive means of finding HMS, in combination of the mask holder list.

davy

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 09, 2013, 10:55:12 AMWait, no you're not.

Well, if you have the Goron mask, and are not dead, then that's good. One less for HMS.

I do not have the Goron Mask, jub probably meant Bubbles or TBWCW, and if that's the case, we'll probably have to defend our Deku mask very well, because that's the only mask the HMS can nog obtain by vigi'ing.

Actually, we could use a self-destructing stratigy. If the Goron Mask is in the hands of the HMS we should lynch the player with the Zora Mask so that the HMS doesn't screw us over. Than, the only mask that will distributed will be the Deku Mask, which automatically goes to Link. This will keep Link from being vigi'd, so the HMS won't be able to kill him. The wolves won't kill him eighter because that will cause the HMS to win. This means that as long as the wolves don't know wheter or not the HMS is still alive, we'll have an alliance leader.

Of course, this only works if the Zora Mask holder claims and if Link has the Deku mask. Which means that eighter Sheikah must be Link, or Link must obtain the Deku mask next phase.

If the Zora Mask holder is not Link, that player should claim. Sheikah should not tell the topic if he's Link or not untill the Zora Mask holder has claimed, because the Zora Mask holder might be a wolf.

If the Zora Mask holder does not claim, or Sheikah claims (after the Zora Mask Holder has claimed) not to be Link, we should pray that Link obtains the Deku Mask next night phase and that the Zora Mask won't be given to a wolf.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

MaestroUGC

That seems rather dangerous, needlessly so at that. Link cannot be guarded, so having him claim is just fodder for the wolves once HMS is out of the way.

Plus if another Special Human has the other mask, or one of the brutals, then it puts the humans in an even worse spot.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: davy on February 09, 2013, 12:30:36 PMI do not have the Goron Mask, jub probably meant Bubbles or TBWCW, and if that's the case, we'll probably have to defend our Deku mask very well, because that's the only mask the HMS can nog obtain by vigi'ing.

Actually, we could use a self-destructing stratigy. If the Goron Mask is in the hands of the HMS we should lynch the player with the Zora Mask so that the HMS doesn't screw us over. Than, the only mask that will distributed will be the Deku Mask, which automatically goes to Link. This will keep Link from being vigi'd, so the HMS won't be able to kill him. The wolves won't kill him eighter because that will cause the HMS to win. This means that as long as the wolves don't know wheter or not the HMS is still alive, we'll have an alliance leader.
Or, simply, lynch the HMS this phase. If we do that, it would be too easy to mess up and would guarentee a victory for the HMS.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

MaestroUGC

Yes, but we need to fins him first. Seriously, who has the masks? We're running out of time and I'd like to avoid lynching a mask holder.

In the chat.

Hunter of Souls

Is the chat the one Yugi sent some time ago in the thread?
Insert something funny or something wise that makes you look like a cool person...