News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Mario and Luigi: Dream Team.

Started by EFitTrainr, February 14, 2013, 09:24:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonValentino

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 15, 2013, 07:11:35 PMI finally beat
Spoiler
Kamek
[close]
What a BITCH like that fight was so OP. All his copies asdfghjkl

Green, White, Red and Blue. Otherwise, impossible. :P

SlowPokemon

Well yeah I got that. Because the green one boosts everyone's stats and the white one will just heal incessantly.

Basically once I actually KO'd one of them, the others were a breeze, but I failed a lot because it took me forever to figure out th counterattacks.

I'm Lv37 after that battle; is that a decent level, or too low?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DonValentino

It's a little bit low... I'd recommend to be at least at level 40 for the last battle if you don't want to have trouble. On top of that, at level 40 you achieve the Rainbow Rank, so you can go to Madame Broquet's Gold Store and buy very useful stuff there (Warning: REALLY expensive stuff).

The Duplex Crown is really recommendable too, even if it's hard to obtain.

In other words, if you're not well prepared for the final boss (spoilers: name ahead)
Spoiler
DREAMY BOWSER!
[close]
he will kick the brothers' asses. Well, unless you're a real expert at dodging his overpowered attacks, of course. ;D

SlowPokemon

Ugh. Beat Antasma and my game froze.

SlowPokemon

Okay so I beat the game...

I was kind of disappointed with this game... There was no shocking plot twist like Fingerz said... It was a fun game, and a LONG game, but it's definitely my least favorite of the series. It was lacking the humor of the other three, as well.

Echo

I'm pretty sure the plot twist is that
Spoiler
it's all a dream
[close]

SlowPokemon

Vallu

The game was great (not sure if better than Bowser's inside Story) but the final boss was so frustating.
Spoiler
He kept using the minion call attack so I couldn't attack his head after getting the hands down, the boss took me about 40 minutes.
[close]
This was a lot longer than the previous Mario & Luigi games but it still felt like the world was too small... I don't know why. Maybe because the dream points are all in different places. Anyway, I enjoyed this game a lot.
Spoiler
I stil have to start the hard mode...
[close]

Nebbles

I'm stuck in Dreamy Wakeport and
Spoiler
it's beefy challenge mini bosses. I can't seem to land an excellent hit... any tips?
[close]
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Dudeman

Something's been tugging at my mind for a while. (I'll put it in spoilers just in case)
Spoiler
Has anyone noticed the similarities between Antasma and Cackletta? Besides the evilness, they both control bats, they both wear cloaks...actually, that's about it. But still...after Cackletta was defeated in Superstar Saga, no one really finds out who she was or where she came from. I just think there's some connection there...
[close]
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Vallu

Hmm...
Spoiler
I haven't thought about it before but they may have some kind of connections. Maybe Antasma is the advanced version of Cackletta? I don't know about Antasma's connections to the pi'illos though.
[close]

SlowPokemon

Nebbles -
Spoiler
yeah that's about where the game gets a sudden difficulty spike...hope you've been keeping up with your grinding.

Basically they are pretty tough bosses, it took me a loooong time to beat the first one. However, after you do so, the others become fairly easy as they mostly have the same attacks.

So if you're still stuck at the time of reading, my recommendation is:
A) Grind some more
B) Stick with it until you can beat at least one, because then the others become easier.
[close]

Yugi

I got this game when I got my 3DS, so now I'm desperatly trying to kill myself as Mario.

SlowPokemon

Just a note for anyone who doesn't know (I wasn't aware until today, and it's very important for anyone who has this game):

On September 3, an update was released for this game, fixing some pretty important bugs (I actually encountered one of the glitches it fixes, which was very annoying).

According to the update description, here are the things it does (contains mild spoilers):
Spoiler
Fixes a bug that occurs on Mount Pajamaja where the Massifs use a spin jump to break icicles. This bug makes it impossible to proceed past this point if the player takes certain actions.

Fixes a bug that prevents the player from finishing the final battle with Antasma.

Fixes other issues so that the game plays as intended.
[close]

Yugi

Well at least I'm past
Spoiler
The Icicle Segment
[close]