News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

TWG XLVIII: 72 Hours Remaining After-The-Moon-Hit-The-Ground Game

Started by FSM-Reapr, February 16, 2013, 11:36:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yugi

Does me accedently wolfing my partners and having to solo the game count as a solo team?

MaestroUGC

No, it makes you an incompetent wolf.

Also, BDS. Your paranoia is what got you killed. You really bungled your chance to get me lynched cleanly.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Yugi

TheZeldaPianist275

Welp, that's that.

First off:  FSM, can we get a play by play of where the masks were every night?

I also have a couple things to say to the lot at the end.

SocialFox: I was pretty sure you were human, and I see why you were suspicious of me.  Wish you had been more active toward the end when Liggy said those absurd things tho.

Liggy: You are now my official TWG arch-rival XD I don't like you.

Jub and Shadow: WHERE WERE YOU GUYS? ? ? ? Seriously, Liggy and I were the only two extremely suspicious ones, and Liggy just blew all cover at the end by saying those things!  We could have won the game if you had actually played and at least narrowed it down to a KiTB between me and Liggy!

Sheikah: I think I'm beginning to understand how you play, buddy.  -__-  You played a good game.  When you said that you wanted to believe me but couldn't, I was almost certain you were a wolf.  But I was far more certain about Liggy, so you stayed undercover most of the time.

So during the last day phase, I knew the role (or at least what side they were on) of EVERY. SINGLE. PERSON.  It was my strategy the entire time to let people think Liggy was Tingle, drop hints the entire way so it didn't look like it was a falseclaim, and then claim in the endgame to make people think twice, and perhaps trust me.  Any suggestions on how I could have handled that better?  :-[

One more thing: FSM, this was a great game, but I really wish you had been more on top of hosting.

Overall great game everyone!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 16, 2013, 02:16:28 PMNo, it makes you an incompetent wolf.

Also, BDS. Your paranoia is what got you killed. You really bungled your chance to get me lynched cleanly.
The only time I could've gotten you lynched without you saying anything was if you were offline, but even then, I doubt it would've been "clean" at all.
It wasn't my paranoia, but rather, paranoia ABOUT me (especially since I was the rogue in your game, something that wouldn't exactly make people less afraid of me :P). If I had mentioned that I had seered you earlier, the result would have been exactly the same, except for the time when it occurred.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

MaestroUGC

Not really, people would've been ready to lynch me had you said something as soon as possible. It should've been a quick insta, regardless. If you hadn't said "I waited until people would believe me" more people would've believed you.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Toby

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 16, 2013, 03:28:43 PMNot really, people would've been ready to lynch me had you said something as soon as possible. It should've been a quick insta, regardless. If you hadn't said "I waited until people would believe me" more people would've believed you.
I highly doubt that. People would just use the excuse that I'm trying to attack you before you have a chance to defend yourself... :P

With the HMS, it's risky to try anything without proof (or else, as I said, they could easily turn the tables on you); I was waiting for something that would convince people that I was actually telling the truth with the seering (since, apparantly, they didn't believe me either way) so that I could avoid that situation, although it would've taken a miracle. :P

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

spitllama

Interesting how when I said to seer sheikah, I got sniped.

Did NO ONE see that?

Also I don't thing this game should count towards my statistics since I was a fill-in and played for a grandiose 24 hrs real time.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: spitllama on February 16, 2013, 05:20:55 PMAlso I don't thing this game should count towards my statistics since I was a fill-in and played for a grandiose 24 hrs real time.
Speaking of that, I think the statistics need to be updated. ::)

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: spitllama on February 16, 2013, 05:20:55 PMInteresting how when I said to seer sheikah, I got sniped.

Did NO ONE see that?

I did Spit.  Thought about it for a while, but it was such an obvious sniper choice that it was impossible to tell whether you actually needed to be offed or whether it was a lame attempt to frame Sheikah.  Though by the end, that had contributed to my huge suspicion of Sheikah.

the_last_sheikah

Quote from: spitllama on February 16, 2013, 05:20:55 PMInteresting how when I said to seer sheikah, I got sniped.

Did NO ONE see that?

Quote from: the_last_sheikah on February 16, 2013, 01:44:30 PMYeah, I sniped Spit when I saw he wanted me seered.  I figured it would be easier to say I was framed than explain why I was red.
You see, we're entertainers. We must keep people smiling. No matter how grim things get, we must always be optimistic!

Thiannon

Yeah, the human play on the final day wasn't great (where was the analysis of Maestro's post? the snipe?) but that's pretty typical--usually by that point many of them are tired of the game, and often the strongest players are already dead. That's actually one of my least favourite attributes of TWG, as it generally makes for a less exciting read.
We can't let morality stop progress! - mnrogar

Yugi

Toby

Quote from: The Boy Who Cried Wolf on February 16, 2013, 03:30:31 PMYugi played really good this game!

Oi! You want me to remove this post, because I will! ;)

But yeh, it was random for Bubbles to be vigi'd since she wasn't on top of anyone's suspicions but I found her suspicious.