Ace Attorney

Started by GaryOak, February 18, 2013, 12:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McDucky

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 14, 2014, 08:24:57 PMI did warn you that it's the best case in the history of everything
The defense has no objections, your honor.

SlowPokemon

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy for 3DS announced for America, coming to the eShop Winter 2014.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

blueflower999

Is it bad that I'm really tempted to buy it?
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

Quote from: blueflower999 on June 05, 2014, 09:12:32 AMIs it bad that I'm really tempted to buy it?

Is it bad that I know I'm buying it? xD I just have to hold off on replaying them until winter I guess. It's gonna be $29.99, btw, and it'll be playable in English and Japanese. I'm just kind of bummed that there won't be a physical release, because I'd rather have a cartridge than a download.

InfinitySoul

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 05, 2014, 09:18:36 AMIs it bad that I know I'm buying it? xD I just have to hold off on replaying them until winter I guess. It's gonna be $29.99, btw, and it'll be playable in English and Japanese. I'm just kind of bummed that there won't be a physical release, because I'd rather have a cartridge than a download.

I know what you mean, I like having physical copies on my shelf so I can praise it XD Very upset that Dual Destinies didn't get one

SlowPokemon

I finished Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth, and with that I have finally played every Ace Attorney game to date (other than Gyakuten Kenji 2 I guess but I don't really plan on playing that unless it comes out in America).

Investigations was an awesome game. It took a long time to pick up the pace but when it finally did (around the end of episode 4) it was incredibly gripping. And if it seems like that's a long time to get going, you should know that episode 5 took me over 9 hours total, and episode 4 and 5 combined make up over half of the game.

The major characters in this one were probably the biggest highlight, especially Shi-Long Lang. What a fantastic character. Awesome music theme too.

Echo

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 13, 2014, 06:36:00 AMI finished Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth, and with that I have finally played every Ace Attorney game to date (other than Gyakuten Kenji 2 I guess but I don't really plan on playing that unless it comes out in America).

On a related note, the fan-translation for Gyakuten Kenji 2 is out, for people that would want to play it. I can't speak for the localization's quality since I haven't tried it myself, but I've been hearing lots of praise for it from other fans. And while I can't comment on the translation, I'll say that the game's story is really good, making it tied for my favourite AA game!

QuoteInvestigations was an awesome game. It took a long time to pick up the pace but when it finally did (around the end of episode 4) it was incredibly gripping. And if it seems like that's a long time to get going, you should know that episode 5 took me over 9 hours total, and episode 4 and 5 combined make up over half of the game.

The major characters in this one were probably the biggest highlight, especially Shi-Long Lang. What a fantastic character. Awesome music theme too.

Glad you liked it! Case 4 was great, probably my favourite case in that game (I also liked Case 2, but that's more because I thought the setting was an interesting choice). The last case though...ugh...that culprit was just way too stubborn. :P

And yeah, I liked the new characters more than I thought I would. Calisto Yew's one of my favourite characters; it's just so fun watching her troll Edgey, and she has a great tune to go along with it.  On the other hand, I think some of the returning characters could've been handled better, and I can definitely sympathize with Miles on not wanting to see some of them at all. >_> *cough*oldbag*cough*

SlowPokemon

Yeah I agree with most of that, especially the killer in Turnabout Ablaze xD has to be the hardest to pin down killer in the series.

I don't plan on playing GK2 unless an official translation is released. Maybe in a couple years I'll change my mind, but I have a strong hatred for fan translations. Mostly brought on by the Danganronpa fandom.

SlowPokemon

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies is coming to iOS in the US.

*why Capcom why was this necessary*

blueflower999

Why don't we have Apollo Justice on iOS. -_-
Bulbear! Blueflower999

SlowPokemon

Because Apollo Justice doesn't exist

Or that's what Capcom would have us believe anyway

blueflower999

dang you capcom why must you blind our eyes to the masterpiece that is apollo justice :(
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Echo

Should've been a Justice + Investigations + Investigation 2 collection instead. Or even just Investigations 2.

SlowPokemon

Huh I'm hopeful they'll release something like that on 3DS

InfinitySoul

I would love Investigations 2 to come to America, I dont really like playing off roms tbh...