Any Yu-Gi-Oh players here?

Started by ASH501ST, March 05, 2013, 01:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ASH501ST

I have been playing the card game since it first started, I was just wondering if anyone here still plays the game, what kinda deck do you use?  Whats your favorite card?

I personally love my dragon deck, and Blue Eyes will forever be my favorite, but I also really love my Five-Headed Dragon.
Per Audacia Ad Astra...

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: ASH501ST on March 05, 2013, 01:44:42 PMI have been playing the card game since it first started, I was just wondering if anyone here still plays the game, what kinda deck do you use?  Whats your favorite card?

I personally love my dragon deck, and Blue Eyes will forever be my favorite, but I also really love my Five-Headed Dragon.
I used to play Yu-Gi-Oh, and I almost went to a couple of tournaments a few years ago (unfortunately, the only ones were in Riverside, San Diego, and/or Los Angeles, so we never ended up doing it), but now, with all the newfangled Tuner Monsters and those Xyz Monsters, it's become way too complicated for me. D:

I remember, when I was growing up, they used to have those machines all over (the ones like that looked almost like these) that had cards like Killer Needle (one of my first) and Psychic Kappa... back in the... the old days...
They always used to show Exodia or something of that caliber in order to encourage you. :P

In terms of artwork, most of the dragon cards are amazing, but others, like Buster Blader and Black Luster Soldier, are as well.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

ASH501ST

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 05, 2013, 02:23:05 PMI used to play Yu-Gi-Oh, and I almost went to a couple of tournaments a few years ago (unfortunately, the only ones were in Riverside, San Diego, and/or Los Angeles, so we never ended up doing it), but now, with all the newfangled Tuner Monsters and those Xyz Monsters, it's become way too complicated for me. D:

I remember, when I was growing up, they used to have those machines all over (the ones like that looked almost like these) that had cards like Killer Needle (one of my first) and Psychic Kappa... back in the... the old days...
They always used to show Exodia or something of that caliber in order to encourage you. :P

Yes, yes I completely agree!  Back in the good old days the yugioh card game was much better, I hate all the tuner and sychro crap a lot, I don't use any of that in my deck, and I tend to suffer for it in most tournaments but I'm trying to improve.  I do remember those machines, in fact there is an ice skating rink in my town that still has one haha, the cards are like 6 years old!  I still play yugioh with my friends cus its fun, but people over at those tournaments are super hard core and it takes out must of the fun.
Per Audacia Ad Astra...

K-NiGhT

I used to play this. I won a tournament once. Then middle school hit and that kinda stuff kinda became social suicide. The new stuff is kinda stupid.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: K-NiGhT on March 05, 2013, 03:25:47 PMI used to play this. I won a tournament once. Then middle school hit and that kinda stuff kinda became social suicide. The new stuff is kinda stupid.
Pfft. :P I'm homeschooled: time restricts me, not "social life." :P

I suppose if I could go back in time, I would ensure that I'd participate in at least one tournament.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

ASH501ST

Yeah that kinda stuff was social suicide.  I remember when I went from home school to high school, but I never cared lol.

It's not to late to go to a tournament though, although it sounds like you don't have many places around for them.  I'm in Sacramento so there is like 6 stores here that do them weekly.
Per Audacia Ad Astra...

MassiveMayhem

I still play here and there, but when my friends don't want to play I usually play on Dueling Network.
Arrangement Project? It's a maybe.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: ASH501ST on March 05, 2013, 03:46:07 PMYeah that kinda stuff was social suicide.  I remember when I went from home school to high school, but I never cared lol.

It's not to late to go to a tournament though, although it sounds like you don't have many places around for them.  I'm in Sacramento so there is like 6 stores here that do them weekly.
There are no "local stores" around here that do that. :P And, as I mentioned, it's a bit too "complex" for me now (all the newer stuff). D:

I remember when Spell cards were Magic cards.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Roz~

Magic Ruler became Spell Ruler
dafuq
But yeah, I play and I sometimes go to tournaments. The game is fun but what really sucks is the community. The majority of players here are arrogant pricks, so playing with them sucks.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

MassiveMayhem

Things I hate:
Darkworld Decks
Six Samurai Decks Especially Shien noobs.
ZombieWorld Decks
Alien Decks
Inzektor decks

I do fine with my fairy deck guys, don't need to use the OP decks.

Mashi

what, no, massivemayhem, i loved six samurai cards :(
I remember that I used to have an amazing deck to use in which I summoned Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon within 3 turns.  And if that failed, Five-Headed Dragon (or whatever it was called) would be summoned soon after!

Anyhow, I have this to contribute:
Spoiler
[close]

SuperFireKirby

I use a red eyes deck, mainly. I also have a deck consisting entirely of cards designed to piss people off(Gravity Bind, anyone?)

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on March 05, 2013, 08:37:27 PMI use a red eyes deck, mainly. I also have a deck consisting entirely of cards designed to piss people off(Gravity Bind, anyone?)
Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler tags work great for larger images.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

MassiveMayhem

Yuuugi Booooooyyy
Spoiler
[close]

Yugi