News:

Up-to-date news?! Preposterous!

Main Menu

Your Favorite Anime Openings, Songs, and Endings

Started by popo447, March 13, 2013, 05:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaryOak

Quote from: Jompa on March 16, 2013, 05:24:00 AMThe show has become sort of a meme in Japan, and there's a tradition of spoofing the show in comedy manga and anime.
I could probably list 10 anime, that I've seen, that has done this :P
Lucky Star did it. School Rumble did it. TWICE actually. Great teacher Onizuka did it. Urusei Yasura did it. Excel Saga did it. Gintama did it.

Srsly, is there any show which has not been referenced in Gintama.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

Jompa

I don't have a relationship to Gintama, but I have heard somewhere that it has spoofed many shows.
Out of the Hokuto no Ken spoofs I've seen, I really like the Gintama one, because they basically did the entire opening of Hokuto no Ken, but changed the song and clips enough to not break any copyright laws - it's pretty hilarious :P
Birdo for Smash

fabbemannen

Seen 5-6 episodes of Gintama now. Not sure if I'm going to continue, doesn't seem to be that interesting (I know it's a comedy, I just haven't laughed yet)
Back on-topic:

Jompa

Thanks for reminding me that I have to check out "To Aru Kagaku no Railgun"! :)

I have found a show with spy-like OST that can compare to Cowboy Bebop's: :D
I don't understand why no one's ever told me about "Night Raid 1931" :P
Birdo for Smash

GaryOak

Quote from: fabbemannen on April 19, 2013, 08:12:47 AMSeen 5-6 episodes of Gintama now. Not sure if I'm going to continue, doesn't seem to be that interesting (I know it's a comedy, I just haven't laughed yet)

I didn't really like the first episodes either but it really gets gradually better (I've watched about 80 episodes now).

Gankutsuou is such a beautiful anime and the music is too. This piece has a really simple melody repeated over and over but still it sounds so epic.

In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

blueflower999

Popo probably loves you for posting that, Nebbles.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Jompa

It is such a shame that no one has put the White Album OST on the internet, I mean it's so awesome..
So I've only found like a couple of the songs on YouTube :(
Well, anyways, here's the awesome OP:
Birdo for Smash

Roz~

POW
(can't find the anime version, but both version are the exact same thing so yeah)
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

popo447

Movin' like Dracula, we get it back in blood

Jompa

This OP is so catchy :o It doesn't seem so at first, but when you've watched like eight episodes it really starts getting into your brain.
Birdo for Smash

Bubbles

surprise

I love the part at exactly one minute because you can feel it

Yugi

Pretty good song, although I'm not sure if it fits Uryu well.

Jompa

Jesus Christ, I can't get enough of Penguindrum's OPs - they are AWESOME:
Birdo for Smash

Dude