News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

TWG L: Zombies!

Started by vermilionvermin, March 17, 2013, 02:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vermilionvermin

TWG:  Zombies!

As I mentioned in my last post here, I'm designing a game in which everyone gets a death posts, except for a few people, that is.  I'm expecting it to function as a pseudo-cardflip, in which people have to weigh the benefits of confirming their humanity with waiting until late in the game to give much-needed insight or push an important suspicion.

Wolves

1.  Master Wolf
2.  Wolf ShamanDoes not get a death post
3.  Wolf Totem:  Once per game, may replace the Totem Guy's Totem with a Totem of his own.  He also gets two guesses of the Totem Guy's identity per day phase.  If the Totem Guy dies or takes over the role of another Zombie, he gets to write ALL the totems.  Does not get a death post

Humans

4.  Guardian:  In order to guard the seer or vigilante, must reduce their power use by 1 each attempted guarding.  He also gets three guesses of the Totem Guy's identity on Day 1.  When he dies, he has one phase to decide who he passes his power to.  If he selects a Wolf or a Zombie, that player will gain a guardian power (with the same limitations) and the ability to choose whether or not their vote counts.  If he selects a human, that player will lose their vote but gain a Guardian ability with the same limitations as the original Guardian.  Does not get a Death post
5.  Seer:  5 uses of power.  May only use one per night.
6.  Vigilante:  3 uses of power.  May only use one per night.  Begins with the Magic Conch!
7.  Human
8.  Human: All human roles are the same.
9.  Human:
10.  Human:
11.  Human:
12.  Human:
13.  Human:

Zombies

14.  Zombie Leader:  Beginning Night 2, he may bite dead bodies. If, on any night, he bites the same player the Grave Robber resurrects, that person becomes a Zombie follower.  The Zombie leader may direct each one of his Zombie followers to kill one person per night.  May not be revived.  Does not know his partners.
15.  Grave Robber:  Beginning Night 2, he may choose one of the people who are in the graveyard each night to resurrect.  If he and the Zombie Leader choose the same person, that person will be revived and kill one person at the command of the Zombie leader PER NIGHT.  If he selects someone the Zombie Leader doesn't pick, that person can just come back to life.  Does not get a death post.  May not be revived.  Does not know his partners.
16.  Totem Guy:  May post a Totem each night.  If, by Day 2, neither the Wolf Totem or Guardian have guessed his identity, he will learn the identities of the Zombie Leader and the Grave Robber.  If either the Zombie Leader or Grave Robber dies, he may take over for them, becoming green as well.  However, he will maintain his Totem abilities.  Does not get a death postMay not be revived.  Does not know his partners.

Now with Magic Conch!

Magic Conch:  Starts with the vigi.  During Night 1, he must pass it to another player.  Let's call that player Jimmy.  During Night 2, Jimmy has two jobs:

First, Jimmy must put two names into the conch.

Second, Jimmy must pass the conch to a third player who cannot be the vigi.  Let's call this person Bobby.  If Jimmy tries to pass the Conch to the vigi, I'll decide who gets it via random number generator.

Bobby may put two names into the conch as well during Night 3.

At the start of Day 3, if neither Jimmy nor Bobby is a wolf, the conch will release the list of the people whose names were put in the Conch and how many of those people are wolves, zombies, specials, and humans, but not which ones go with which roles.  It will also tell the thread that Jimmy and Bobby held the conch.  If one of Jimmy or Bobby is a wolf, the conch will say nothing.  If either Jimmy is killed Night 1 or Day 1 or Bobby is killed Night 2, or Day 2, the conch explodes.  I'll tell the thread if the Conch explodes.

Important notes:
1.  Zombie followers are people resurrected by the Grave Robber and bitten by the Zombie Leader on the same night.  If the Zombie leader bites someone on Night 3 and they're resurrected Night 4 (or vice versa), that person simply comes back to life.  Zombie followers do not count toward the Zombie win condition.
2.  If a person becomes a zombie follower once and is lynched, they aren't automatically a Zombie follower if revived.  They could still theoretically be revived, they just can't be controlled to kill people unless bitten again.
3.  Win Conditions:  The humans win when they eliminate both the wolves and the Zombies.  The wolves win when their number equals the number of humans + the number of Zombies remaining.  The Zombies win when their number equals the number of humans + the number of Wolves remaining.  The Zombies' win condition overrides the wolves' win condition.

1.  BlackDragonSlayer
2.  Yugi
3.  MaestroUGC
4.  spitllama
5.  Thiannon
6.  davy
7.  The Boy Who Cried Wolf
8. blueflower999
9. K-NiGhT
10. TheZeldaPianist275
11. Bubbles7689
12. Bird
13. Mashi
14. Dude
15. wolf
16. Waddle Bro

Replacements:
1.  FSM-Reapr

It is now Night 1.  Night 1 ends on March 19th at 11:59 EST.

Role PM's
Vermilionvermin:  You are the Master Wolf.  You are the only wolf who gets a death post.  Your partners are Vermilionvermin (Shaman) and Vermilionvermin (Totem).
Vermilionvermin:  You are the Wolf Shaman.  You get one seering per night.  You do not get a death post.  Your partners are Vermilionvermin (Master) and Vermilionvermin (Totem)
Vermilionvermin:  You are the Wolf Totem.    Once in the game, you may replace the Totem Guy's message with one of your own.  When the Totem Guy dies, you may commandeer all of the totems, but you won't be notified of his death.  You also get two guesses of the Totem Guy's identity per day phase.  You do not get a death post.  Your partners are Vermilionvermin (Master) and Vermilionvermin (Shaman)
Vermilionvermin:  You are the Guardian.  Keep in mind that, each time you guard the seer or vigi, you decrease his ability to use his power by 1.  When you die, you may choose to pass on your guardian power to another player, whose guardian will have the same effect as your guard.  That player may not pass it down when they die.  If that player is a wolf or a zombie, they will gain the ability to choose not to make their vote count.
Vermilionvermin:  You are the Seer.  You have 5 uses of your power and may only use one per night.  Each night you are guarded, you lose one use of your power.
Vermilionvermin:  You are the Vigilante.  You have 3 uses of your power, and you lose one use of it each time you are guarded.  You have the Magic Conch!

(description of Magic Conch)

Vermilionvermin:  You are a human.
Vermilionvermin:  You are the Zombie Leader.  Each night, beginning Night 2, you may bite one dead body.  If, on that night, you bite the same person the Grave Robber resurrects, that person will become a Zombie Follower.  For every Zombie Follower you have alive at night, you may kill one person.  You may not be revived.
Vermilionvermin:  You are the Grave Robber.  Each night beginning night 2, you may choose one person in the graveyard (dead) that you want to resurrect (revive).  If that person is the same person as selected by the Zombie leader, that person will become a Zombie follower, who does not count toward your win condition.  If the Zombie leader is dead or does not bite the same person you revive, that person will be revived with their normal role.
Vermilionvermin:  You are the Totem Guy.  Each Night, you may post one Totem.  If, by Day 2, neither the Wolf Totem or guardian has guessed your identity, you may learn the names of your pals!  If either one of your friends dies, you may take over for them, becoming green as well (though still maintaining your totem abilities).
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Let the games begin!

Games
[close]
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yugi

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

Bird

As always, I find myself in the regrettable position of not having read the roles prior to signing up.

I should do that.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

davy

The guardian should claim.

He could than eighter guard himself, which does not cause the number of seer/vigi powers decrease, or guard the seer/vigi (seer would help us find the wolves, while the vigi helps us kill the revived zombies), which do decrease their number of power uses, but also means that one of them is safe from being wolf'd, and if the guardian is wolf'd, he can pas his guarding ability to the seer/vigi.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Bird

Yeah, guardian should claim.

Having the vigilante or seer claim presents obvious downsides and trying to find a human alliance mouthpiece through the seer or the magic conch are not foolproof, thanks to the master wolf and zombies respectively.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: davy on March 17, 2013, 02:49:10 PMThe guardian should claim.

He could than eighter guard himself, which does not cause the number of seer/vigi powers decrease, or guard the seer/vigi (seer would help us find the wolves, while the vigi helps us kill the revived zombies), which do decrease their number of power uses, but also means that one of them is safe from being wolf'd, and if the guardian is wolf'd, he can pas his guarding ability to the seer/vigi.
CAN the guardian guard himself? It doesn't seem to mention that in the role description??

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bird

I think the assumption is that the guardian is capable of guarding everyone unless it's explicitly stated that they can't.

TheZeldaPianist275

Also: after guardian claims, we should start trying to figure out the identity of the Totem Guy.  Chances are he'll be lying low, since by doing so he can pass unseen along with anyone else who does so.

lol, I just realized:  What happens if the Totem Guy's identity is guessed, Verm?

Waddle Bro

Quote from: Bird on March 17, 2013, 02:41:03 PMAs always, I find myself in the regrettable position of not having read the roles prior to signing up.

I should do that.

vermilionvermin

No, the guardian cannot guard himself/herself. 

EDIT:  And TZP,

QuoteIf, by Day 2, neither the Wolf Totem or Guardian have guessed his identity, he [the totem guy] will learn the identities of the Zombie Leader and the Grave Robber.

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on March 17, 2013, 03:13:23 PMlol, I just realized:  What happens if the Totem Guy's identity is guessed, Verm?

Dude

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on March 17, 2013, 03:13:23 PMlol, I just realized:  What happens if the Totem Guy's identity is guessed, Verm?
Probably just not learning the identities of the Zombie leader and grave robber.

So... nothing.

That's what I got out of the description.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: vermilionvermin on March 17, 2013, 03:45:54 PMNo, the guardian cannot guard himself/herself. 
In that case, I don't think it would be the best idea for the guardian to claim... lest we have a situation like last game, with multiple specials dying during the early phases...

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber