NinSheetMusic > Help!

What key/time signature is this song in?

(1/220) > >>

Deku Trombonist:
Post here if you want help working out what key or time signature is used in an arrangement you're working on  ;)

FireArrow:
I don't know if I should post this here, but I use this to figure out the key signature of a song.

It's a mp3 to midi converter, but the conversion is horrible, so it's useless for picking up notes. However, it does tell you what key signature it's in (I don't know how accurate it is, considering I don't have perfect pitch.)

Oh, and the free trial only lasts 30 days, but it still has enough features after the free trial to be able to use it for key signatures.

JDMEK5:
My technique is to just match what I hear as the tonic pitch. (The base note of the scale/key)
It doesn't take nearly as long as running the whole thing through a program, and it's always 100% accurate.

Jompa:
You basically just need something pitched, like any instrument, or transcribing program like Finale.
Then: you just guess, until you get the right tonic.
You should be able to hear if it is in major or minor, and ta-da - you have the key signature!

JDMEK5:

--- Quote from: Jompa on March 26, 2013, 03:35:36 PM ---You basically just need something pitched, like any instrument, or transcribing program like Finale.
Then: you just guess, until you get the right tonic.

--- End quote ---
With practice it comes quicker.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version