News:

NinSheetMusic is 1264 years old!

Main Menu

What key/time signature is this song in?

Started by The Deku Trombonist, March 24, 2013, 03:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Hm.. how would one write this, then? I'm doing two layers right now and it's getting frustrating.
what is shitpost

Zeila

mikey

ahhhh ok I guess you can arrange plague of shadows music because technically it's not shovel knight
unmotivated

Nitro Indigo

I noticed Pianist Da Sootopolis ask about Saying Goodbye on this thread, and a few days ago they had to cancel doing my request. Would you recommend me trying it myself? I don't have Finale (yet), and Saying Goodbye doesn't really sound good for a beginner. Still, I'll keep a note of the time signature and beats per minute somewhere, just in case.

Now that I think about it, the melody vaguely sounds like Staven's Theme...
Quote from: MaestroUGC on January 07, 2017, 11:45:40 AM
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

mikey

it's always good to try it yourself, but like I said in that request thread, I've added it to my Agenda (which is a real life sticky-note object on my wall containing a list of songs I'm planning to arrange)
unmotivated

Ōkami~MD

In response to Zeila...

I'm pretty sure the diamond/pearl legendary trio theme starts in c minor but then has some funky modulations into majors and then back into minors so from an 'avoiding accidentals' point of view c minor would probably be the best.

Shovels seems to be based around  Db major (at least that works most when playing the piano whilst it's playing)
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

hello? there should be GIF here can u help me find it

Nitro Indigo

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 01, 2016, 10:59:35 AMit's always good to try it yourself, but like I said in that request thread, I've added it to my Agenda (which is a real life sticky-note object on my wall containing a list of songs I'm planning to arrange)
Okay. You didn't post on the thread after Sootopolis resigned, so I wasn't sure. Thanks.

If I ever try to make sheet music, I'll probably start with something simple, like Wild World hourly music. Maybe.
You mean a thing that happened some time ago is older now and it's suddenly dawning on you that an equal amount of time has passed for you as well? How revolutionary.

Ōkami~MD

Btw.....

Is this song (which I took to be 8/4) mainly 2+2+2+2 beats or 3+3+2. I'm currently arranging it and need to know where the strong beats are. I have a hunch that it swaps in and out several times in the piece but just need someone to verify. The first bit is defiantly 2+2+2+2 but then there are the chords...

*hairflip*
FABULOUS

Tobbeh99

I think 4/4 works fine, and also more common than 8/4. 
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Ōkami~MD

*hairflip*
FABULOUS

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Zeila on April 01, 2016, 08:09:48 AMAre both of these in C minor? If not, what key are they in? Thanks!
Shovel Knight is D flat, starts with an A flat section though. Lake Trio is definitely c minor
what is shitpost

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: TheMarioPianist on March 28, 2016, 07:15:09 AM

In this song, I'm pretty confident that the beginning key sig is Ab major (even though there are some D naturals). The second and third keys that it goes into are where I get a little confused. The original sheet on site (this is going to be a replacement) has the second key as E major, but I was thinking it could range anywhere from A major to B major (in terms of sharps). For the final key signature, The sheet on site has Ab major, but based on the first chord in that key I thought it should be Db major. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

Anyone figure these out yet?
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Dudeman

I'd put the second key as A Major even though it switches back and forth between that and B Major, and the final one is probably best as Ab Major because the section in question is 10 quick measures long and shifts between the IV and V chords of that key signature (and is in the V chord, Eb Major, more often than not), eventually resolving back to the tonic chord.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Nitro Indigo

I thought this would be a good candidate for my hypothetical first sheet music. While it's mostly the same as Zelda's Lullaby, the second melody(?) is absent. I don't want to use pre-existing, fanmade sheet music as reference for my own because that'd feel like stealing. DX
The guitar could give us a hint as to what the time signature is. It sounds like a whole note, an entire measure/bar (not sure which one is which) in 4/4, but Zelda's Lullaby is actually in 3/4 time.

Bespinben

You can count six 8th notes per measure, so that's a clear indication you're hearing 3/4. It's good you're trying to figure this out on your own!
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday