News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

What key/time signature is this song in?

Started by The Deku Trombonist, March 24, 2013, 03:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: PetrifiedLasagna on June 14, 2016, 08:35:06 PMIs it just me or does it seem like this song is in swing tempo?

Also, here is the sheet to see the note structure.
mus
Uhh...I'm definitely getting swing outta this...
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Olimar12345

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on June 15, 2016, 07:40:56 PMOlimar: There are definitely plenty of charts out there with swing 16ths, and I've played quite a few myself.

psh hardly (and double time feel doesn't count, either). Jazz is all about the 8th note, so you won't find it there lol.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

The Deku Trombonist

Nope, not talking about double time. I mean I have played a number of charts over the past couple of years which were in 4/4 with swung 16ths (for big band). Of course they're not the norm, but they are out there.

Olimar12345

Must be newer stuff. Normally in jazz the sixteenth note is straight when the eighth is swung.

Off the to if my head:

Ack, couldn't find McConnell's Boss Brass version, but this will do.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

The Deku Trombonist

Tunes like Cissy Strut and The Chicken, charts like Can't Take My Eyes Off You and Easy (yeah Lionel Richie!), and anything else in a 16th note shuffle groove.

But yeah it took a moment to get the hang of it the first time I read it.

Sebastian

A major (3 sharps).

EDIT: Dudeman is correct: A minor.

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Sebastian

mikey

well we know it's a minor but which one

hahaha I'm so funny laugh at me
unmotivated

LifeMushroom

I thought it was A minor too.
EDIT: Someone's already arranging this

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost

Lenny Face

What key and time signature is this in?

I have a feeling it's in swing 4/4 and E flat major but I'm not so sure.
My favorite jazz fingers

AwesomeYears

It is in 4/4 Swung Time but the key signature is Bb Major. (I'm pretty sure)

Pianist Da Sootopolis

what is shitpost