what's the hardest game you've ever played?

Started by PseudoMario16, August 11, 2008, 07:19:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueflower999

Quote from: blueflower999 on February 12, 2012, 06:29:57 AMBattletoads. 'Nuf said.
After over a year of collecting and 82 NES games played... it's still Battletoads.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

BlackDragonSlayer

I think that one of the hardest games I've played is Super Meat Boy: and the thing is, if you die, it's pretty much entirely your fault; there's not really a lot of "fake difficulty" (e.g. extremely faulty mechanics; completely unreasonable obstacles, although some are just really frustrating :P).

EDIT: One example of fake difficulty would be an obstacle that pops out at you, and you have no way of knowing that it's there unless you've played the game before... and then, when you die, the game starts you out at the beginning of a giant course of death traps you already got through before...
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SuperFireKirby

Super Meat Boy is such a great game. Getting 100% complete on it is basically impossible though.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

TheZeldaPianist275

I am playing through Zelda II.  Man, nothing else even comes close.

Blueflower, I am planning on finishing it.  I've cleared four temples.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on April 24, 2013, 07:19:32 PMI am playing through Zelda II.  Man, nothing else even comes close.

Zelda II starts out really hard at the beginning, but it gets easier, until the VERY end (the last temple itself).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yugi

blueflower999

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on April 24, 2013, 07:19:32 PMI am playing through Zelda II.  Man, nothing else even comes close.

Good luck. The final battle is impossible.

I would be finishing it right now too if my NES cartridge didn't lose its data.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: blueflower999 on April 25, 2013, 03:50:48 AMGood luck. The final battle is impossible.

I would be finishing it right now too if my NES cartridge didn't lose its data.

I have looked death in its face and laughed.  Dark Link only gets a little chuckle.

By mid-summer I'll be rubbing this in your face.

Dude

fucking beat nue in the Moriya Tour 2 mode in Nue's Operation Bigburn.

YEAH~

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on April 25, 2013, 05:39:01 AMI have looked death in its face and laughed.  Dark Link only gets a little chuckle.

By mid-summer I'll be rubbing this in your face.
Dark Link is a cakewalk when compared to Thunderbird. It only took me two tries to beat Dark Link, but it took me about a dozen to kill Thunderbird (meaning more than a dozen treks through the final dungeon D:).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

tetris is the hardest game everrrr

ive never beaten it