News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

Pokésorter

Started by Zunawe, April 23, 2013, 05:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Zunawe on May 14, 2013, 09:05:31 PMThank you for actually reading this. It's nice to know that somebody knows about this.
I, unfortunately, do not have the necessary software required to open ZIP files.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Zunawe

If you use Windows, yes you do. If not, I'm sure that there's some free software online. I'll send you the individual files when it's finished if you want.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Zunawe

UPDATE: Yay for graphical user interfaces! Everything is fully functional with mice clicks, so hopefully it's easier to use. I'll add pictures later, and once that's done I'll convert it to the simple version where you only enter stats and levels. Again, please tell me if you find something like an incorrectly placed error or warning message or a bounds exploit such as being able to enter 32 as an IV.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

K-NiGhT

Interested. I'll be keeping tabs
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

JDMEK5

I'm gonna get this. Not like it's gonna stop me, but, what's the point of this thing?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Zunawe

I found myself wanting a way to keep track of a bunch of the information for my pokemon without having to make and organize a spreadsheet, and I hate having to go find that guy just to remember IVs and then use calculators to get EVs. I tried to find things online, but they were more centered around Lv. 100 movesets and teams. This is more for keeping track of individual single-player teams or something like that.

I program things

JDMEK5

Right. So how do you figure out how your pokémon is natured?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Echo

You can find your Pokemon's Nature by checking their stats Summary's first page, right at the top.

Zunawe

National number can be found in either an online pokédex or the pokémon's summary depending on whether or not you've beaten the elite four.

Nature can be found in the pokémon's summary page. It will be something like "Adamant nature.", but not "Likes to fight."

IVs can be found by either using a cheating device or by talking to a man who is usually outside the Battle Frontier.

EVs can be found by keeping track of every single pokémon that you battle with and against or by knowing your IVs and using a calculator. Can also be found using a cheating device.

That's why I'm working on the advanced/basic option. Finding out EVs and IVs is a hassle, and some people don't even care about them. The downside to that is the fact that EVs and IVs are essential in the equation for calculating stats meaning that every time a pokémon levels up or gains enough EVs, the stats must be manually changed in the program.

I suppose that I could make some sort of help menu as well to explain how to find all the info.

Also, I noticed on my teacher's computer that the executable said something about not being able to find the main class. I'm not sure why this happened, and I haven't run into it anywhere else, but if it does happen, tell me and then just run the program by double clicking the jar itself.

I program things

Zunawe

(Minor) UPDATE: I really didn't do much to it, but pictures are nice.

Recent Update Features:
   Alternate forms are handled differently (detailed below)
   Pictures work for all forms and all pokemon (or, they should)
   Genesect bugfix

Alternate Forms: When you choose any pokemon that has alternate forms, you will add it as a normal pokemon in either its most common form, its normal form, or just the first one I chose. Once added to your list, you will notice a second dropdown menu when it is selected. This menu contains all the forms of the pokemon, and will change the picture and stats (if the base stats change with the form). I am aware that some pokemon cannot change form once captured, so I hope to add something that checks for that. Pokemon like Rotom will keep the current mechanic. Pokemon like Unown will be addable in all forms as individual pokemon.

Next Update:
   Help Menu
   Modified form handling

EDIT: By the way, older saves won't be compatible with this version, even if they load without a warning message. I'll try to keep this from happening at every update, but I can't guarantee anything.

I program things

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Zunawe

I program things

Zunawe

UPDATE: It's been a while since I've done anything with this, but I still plan to polish it a little and finally get around to that darned simplified version. I do plan to add all the Gen VI pokemon when the pokedex is released as well as update the sprites so that they're all from the same generation. Hopefully they actually use sprites somewhere instead of only 3D models. Sprites are so much more fun.

Recent Update Features (v1.2):
   Keeping track of versions
   Pictures work with all pokemon and forms of pokemon
   Shiny option added to add dialog and edit dialog which changes the shown sprite
   Added a help menu explaining purpose, EVs, IVs, shinies, and alternate forms
   Unown bugfix (I fixed a problem with the pokemon named Unown)
   Formatting to make it look a little nicer and cleaner

I program things

JDMEK5

Someone tried explaining those stupid EVs to me one time, but I still don't get it. They said something like "4 EVs of a certain stat for one point at the next level". (Slight paraphrasing cuz I don't remember the exact number)
So I found that Unown give out 1 Sp Atk EV and 1 Sp EV for beating them so I went to the Ruins of Alph and went on an Unown massacre.
I must've beaten 30 of the things and then I went to level up my shiny rhyhorn on something else.
When if finally leveled up, you know how many points it gained in Sp Atk and Sp? 1. 1 in each. So that left me confused as heck.

My Arrangements

Zunawe

I'm going to assume that you use your shiny rhyhorn for a lot of battles. You can have a maximum of 255 EVs in any given stat. You can also only have 510 total EVs. After you've reached the maximum, you can't gain any more EVs and therefore any more skill points from them. There are, however, consumables that will reduce the number of EVs your pokemon has. Serebii has a very detailed explanation of EVs along with a list of the items that reset your EVs and give you EVs. In Gen IV, you have to EV train before reaching level 100 because you only receive the bonus after leveling up, as you stated. In Gen V, and I would assume onward, the effect is immediate.

By the way, if anybody happens to know anything about JFrame icons, I can't figure out how to get mine to stay after putting it into a jar.

I program things