News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

Question about Midis.

Started by Ceteria, May 15, 2013, 12:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ceteria

Not sure how to start but here I go:

I stumbled across this site today while looking for various Piano Sheet Music and Midis of various video games.
I noticed (At least in the LoZ section) that many of the Midis didn't differentiate between left and right hands when loaded into a program such as Synthesia.

I can very easily convert most of the PDFs into such a format for people (Like me) who use such programs to learn to play piano.

The thing is, I'm not quite sure where to post such endeavors. I know there is such projects as "Fixing the Sheets" But I'm not sure this really fits into that category. Should I make my own topic or is there an existing one? I'm really not sure where to go from here.

Many thanks in advance.

JDMEK5

Quote from: Ceteria on May 15, 2013, 12:35:10 PMI noticed (At least in the LoZ section) that many of the Midis didn't differentiate between left and right hands when loaded into a program such as Synthesia.
Those would most likely be our older sheets. Our newer sheets have the distinction.
The reason that happens is because many sheets are written on only one channel. It would actually be a good idea to get people to separate the channels from now on.
I don't think synthesia-like programs come to our minds when we make said sheets so that would probably be why most aren't separated.

Quote from: Ceteria on May 15, 2013, 12:35:10 PMI know there is such projects as "Fixing the Sheets" But I'm not sure this really fits into that category.
It does. I don't think this is super-high on our list of priorities, as usually we're looking for formatting errors, etc.
But if you want to help us out in that way, go right ahead.
(Unless a mod such as Olimar has any objections...)
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

FireArrow

Ignore this - read the post above me.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department