News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

Onion's Arrangements

Started by Onionleaf, May 13, 2013, 07:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onionleaf

Some more sheets that I can cross off my to-do list :))

Phoenix Wright - Trials & Tribulations:
"Tachimi Circus" [MUS] [MUSX] [Original]

Star Ocean: The Second Story:
"The Venerable Forest" [MUS] [MUSX] [Original]
Oh boy, I really struggled with this one. Expressing the same majestic ambiance on the piano as the original's is not easy. I'm sure changes can be made.

Star Ocean: The Second Story:
"Weathercock (Duet)" [MUS] [MUSX] [Original]
Expanding this to a Duet seemed more fitting for this song. It may be a tight squeeze for the performers, though, so I'll have to make corrections.

Onionleaf

Juggling full-time work and studies is no fun. :( At least I passed my exam in May and could do a bit of arranging since then:

The Legend of Zelda - Skyward Sword:
"Leaping from the Clouds" [MUS] [MUSX] [Original]
"Sealed Grounds" [MUS] [MUSX] [Original]

Fire Emblem: Awakening:
"We'd best prepare for combat, just to be safe." [MUS] [MUSX] [Original]
(I didn't like the formatting of the sheet I found online, so I created my own version)

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations:
"Très Bien" [MUS] [MUSX] [Original]

Onionleaf

One new sheet for now :)

Fire Emblem:
Opening - History Unveiled [MUS] [MUSX] [Original]

Onionleaf

Another simple arrangement to share:

Bravely Default:
Shrine Maiden's Prayer [MUS] [MUSX] [Original]

I've also de-cluttered my OP, seeing as all of my accepted arrangements can be found by following the link. ;)

Libera

Some cool arrangements here!  I'm big on Fire Emblem so I decided to go through some of your latest Fire Emblem sheets and also your latest Bravely Default sheet because why not.

"We'd best prepare for combat, just to be safe."

So the main thing I found with this is that I feel like it could really do with a re-size, perhaps ~85% would do the trick.  There's a lot going on and it with it being so big it looks kind of clunky to me at the moment.  Also I feel like some of the rhythms are going to be hard to read (not your fault, the rhythms are inherently weird) but perhaps you can make it easier to read them.  I'd do this by doubling note lengths and adding staccatos where possible so that there are less semiquaver rests hanging around everywhere.  You could also go the whole way and change the time signature to 4/8 or 2/4: this would split the bars up and make it easier to see where the beats lie, but I'll leave that up to you.  (Also now that I think about it perhaps this would also be more correct as the time signature changes are perhaps better realised as different phrase lengths?)

Opening - History Unveiled

This is a really nice looking sheet!  There's one major thing I'm confused about which is the section bars 13-17.  I'm not clear on whether you are expecting the performer to use pedal in this section because in bar 15 you left out a note in the top part on beat 3, which suggests to me you don't want to performer to use pedal, but the following bar is impossible to play as written without pedal.  I feel like adding pedal signs would make it clearer to the performer exactly what they should be doing in this section because to me it's confusing at the moment.

(Also I'm not sure how you'd make the glissandos on piano sound good since I have no idea how to do a glissando at that speed quietly, but I feel like that's a minor issue.)

Shrine Maiden's Prayer

This is another really clean looking sheet!  A couple of minor points though:
- I feel like it might be better to hide the 8vas and write a note at the start saying something like 'play right hand an octave higher than written' since they're there for the entire piece.
- I'm not convinced that the G double sharp in bar 14 is harmonically accurate and I think it should be written as an A. 

Onionleaf

Hi Libera, thanks so much for having a look at my sheets. I made some tweaks as per your suggestions, which definitely helped. :)

===

Here's a new arrangement to share. It was so soothing to work on.^^

Fantasy Life - "Puerto Port Theme"
[MUSX] [MUS]

Onionleaf

Voilà! Some more sheets to share:

Ace Attorney: Trials & Tribulations - "Cross-Examination ~ Moderato 2004"
[MUSX] [MUS]

Star Ocean 2 - "Rena's Theme (Music Box)"
[MUSX] [MUS]

Star Ocean 2 - "Rena's Theme"
[MUSX] [MUS]

Onionleaf

I have flown in from the world of Pokémon to bring you... a replacement sheet! Doesn't this soundtrack do a fine job of adding a spring to your step? :)

Pokémon Black/White - "Skyarrow Bridge"
[MUS] [MUSX]

Latios212

Ahh! I'm so happy to see this one! I had been thinking about replacing this one for a long time, but never thought of a good way to handle the different voices. You've done a great job ^^
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Onionleaf

Thanks a bunch! I'm sure there's more than one way of arranging this piece and this is just my own take on it - glad to hear you liked it. :)

Onionleaf

It's been ages since my last arrangement... :'( At least I've got one to share with you in 2020:

"Dreamyard" was a lot of fun to arrange. The jumpy, unstable chords and chromatic progressions definitely make this a very dreamy and whimsical piece.

Dreamyard
[MUS] [MUSX]