What are these chords?

Started by FireArrow, May 20, 2013, 08:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireArrow

First 3 seconds.

Low a - am - some dissonant chord - em? I have no idea.

Thanks!
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

The Deku Trombonist

A (note) - Dmin - Amin - G#dim

FireArrow

FireArrow

Now I need help again... What key is the part from 1:01-1:15 in? And what key is the ending (1:15-1:30) in? I currently have the first part in D major and the ending in A minor, but those keys don't fit together (the first note of the ending is a lowered 2nd, and the last note of the first part is a leading tone,and they're a half step apart.) So, either the first part needs to be in C Major or the second part needs to be in B minor, but none of that sounds right... so somethings really messed up here.

EDIT:

Nevermind, the first parts in C major (yay for humming.)

DonValentino

Interesting, I've started this song some time ago, but I don't really want to work on it anymore, I'd rather focus on others. Take what I have if you want. Of course, it's very very very far from done, it's just an early WIP, but hopefully it can help you.

Tower Tennis Terror

FireArrow

Oh thanks! I actually just finished the arrangement last night, and I laughed becuase what you have down is nearly identical to what I have.

DonValentino

Good. I'd like to see it then.

FireArrow

Oh sure, I was gonna add it to my submission thread later but I guess I can go pull up the mus now.

[MUS]

Yeah, the into and ending are pretty fail (I couldn't make it out for the life of me.)

DonValentino

Measure 1-2: First triplet of measure 2 corrected. You had wrong notes. Also, removed the uppermost note of the chords of the left hand. I don't really know where you took that from.

Measures 11-12 (and those transition measures all over the song): No way, it's the time signature I have, the D minor chord is clearly on the first beat. It's 2/4, two 3/4 and then 4/4 again.
Except the part from measure 32 to the end, which is correct the way you have it.

Measures 18-21: Left hand is not what you have.

Measures 40-End: Hmm... That's not right. But don't worry, I admit that it's a little bit tricky there. Check it out.
Also corrected the chord of measure 43. It's a seventh chord, yes, but it's inverted (1st inversion).

MUS

Well, I think that's it. Nice job overall though! Just try to pay attention to those little things and you will improve a lot your arrangements. ;)

Looking forward to see your next arrangement! Don't even worry for the aforementioned things, you'll get better with time and practice, you'll see. :D

FireArrow

Woah, thanks! I'm gonna try to avoid songs with annoying diminished and seventh chords for awhile...

Do you want me to credit you? I always feel guilty when I keep peoples corrections.

DonValentino

You're very welcome!

Well, you choose, I don't do this for credit. But if you want, ok! :)
If you do, please put "Don Valentino" separately to fit my other arrangements. ;)

FireArrow

Ok, I credited you (I can't take credit for your awesomeness.)