News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

TWG 54: Game of Wolves - Post Game (100% Complete!)

Started by Bird, June 13, 2013, 08:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby

I knew it was a rule Thiannon, but I had already said to Liggy I had the list :/. I thought maybe the wolves would have been real.

Bird

I literally got over 375 PMs this game, so Part 2 is taking a while. I'll edit it into this post momentarily.

Okay, that was a mess. Here are what I believe the power usages were. Send me a PM if it looks like there were any inaccuracies.

---

NIGHT 1

Yugi guards Liggy using Honor (+25%)
Mashi Smuggles a mediocre good (a knife, dealing 1 heart of damage)
The wolves use Chilling Insight on Olimar12345, learning all the information in his role PM
fank009 is wolfed

DAY 1

TheZeldaPianist275 becomes King, gaining the ability to damage 1 heart per night phase, heal 1 heart per night phase, and double or triple his vote
TheZeldaPianist275 triples his vote
The Boy Who Cried Wolf, a wolf, is lynched

NIGHT 2

TZP uses Watcher on Liggy, finding out who Liggy targeted on Night 2 (nobody)
davy Pillages a Stark village, getting a 1-heart-heal item
Mashi Smuggles another mediocre good, gets a shield (self-guard item)
FSM uses a Dissent, adding a message into the update post
Zunawe, a wolf, disguises as Jaime Lannister
Thiannon, a wolf, disguises as Catelyn Stark
The wolves use Chilling Insight on Mashi, learning all the information contained in his role PM
The wolves burn fank009's corpse
The wolves activate Winter, to strike the following night phase, alerting Yugi.
Olimar12345 is wolfed

DAY 2

Mashi is lynched; BDS gains 200 Pentoshi Dollars

NIGHT 3

Liggy kills himself
davy Pillages a Stark Village and gets nothing
Thiannon disguises as Catelyn Stark
Yugi uses Head of House on Thiannon, and the power succeeds thanks to Thiannon's disguise, enabling Yugi to vigi players
Bubbles uses Advise on Liggy, the information is passed to BDS
The wolves nullify FSM-Reapr
FSM-Reapr guards himself and TheZeldaPianist, but the guard fails due to the nullification
TZP throws a torch at FSM, dealing one heart of damage
Thiannon, Zunawe, BDS, TZP, Bubbles take one damage from the wolves' Winter, activated the previous phase. davy was also struck, but resists the damage thanks to Unfeeling
The wolves throw an Icy Spear at davy, which again is resisted thanks to Unfeeling
Zunawe disguises as Jaime Lannister
Chilling Insight is used on Bubbles, telling the wolves her PM information
FireArrow is wolfed

DAY 3

Yugi is lynched

NIGHT 4

davy pillages a Lannister Seaport for a Role Determiner item, takes two hearts of damage through unfeeling.
davy uses his 1-heart-heal item on TZP
TZP uses Watcher on davy, learns that davy targeted him
Thiannon heals himself
BDS activates a war for Night 5
BDS is stolen from by the Wolves
BDS attempts to damage FSM with two hearts using Wealthy, but is unable to due to the stealing
BDS is wolfed

DAY 4

TZP activates triple vote
Thiannon is lynched

NIGHT 5

Zunawe disguises as Jaime Lannister
Zunawe heals himself
davy uses his role-determiner item on Zunawe
The wolves kill FSM with the 2-heart-damage Pentoshi Dollar power from their successful steal from BDS.
They also kill davy with the 1-heart-damage Pentoshi Dollar power.
Bubbles spies on Zunawe
Bubbles is robbed by the wolves
Bubbles is stabbed by davy
Bubbles is wolfed
Mashi is resurrected as an icy demon thrall

DAY 5

Two wolves (Zunawe and Mashi) and one human (TZP) remain. Wolves win.
(2:19:33 AM) Tutan: i don't know how to twg anymore
(2:19:46 AM) bird: its easy you just yell at someone til they die

Bird

Game actions are up. Phase-by-phase summary and analysis will appear next section. Some things I thought were particularly funny about this though:

• The wolves prevent BDS from killing FSM, another human, on Night 4.
  • Night 3, the wolves wanted FSM to look suspicious by not hitting him with Winter. He was hit by a torch instead, since his guard was nullified, and everybody was confused.
  • Every time the wolves use "Chilling Insight" on somebody, that person dies soon after.

Oh, and this whole sequence:
QuoteBubbles spies on Zunawe
Bubbles is wolfed

BlackDragonSlayer

Wait a minute... did the war actually break out, or not, because I died? :-\
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Bubbles

So I was robbed, stabbed, then eaten by wolves? what a night

FireArrow

I used my damaging attack on FSM on night 3, I'm guessing a wolfing has a higher priority then that?
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

MaestroUGC

QuoteBubbles spies on Zunawe
Bubbles is wolfed

Quote from: Bubbles7689 on June 14, 2013, 09:10:54 PMSo I was robbed, stabbed, then eaten by wolves? what a night

Snitches get stitches.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Bird

BDS: Yes, war did break out, but it was ultimately inconsequential.

And speaking of inconsequential, I might as well address this now. A lot of people were wondering how the wolves were able to revive if Toby had the zombification powers. Well, in an eleventh hour balancing decision on Night 1, after consulting with two other experienced TWG players, we agreed that it would make more sense to pool the wolf powers, so that if one of them died, the entire team wouldn't be permanently crippled.

But yeah, it didn't really matter throughout the game, since none of Toby's powers were really used, and if they were then nothing really came of it.

Bird

Part 3: Game Analysis

Just read the sections you think will interest you. I understand this is a lot of information. I bolded the stuff I think is really neat or useful if you just want to glance through this post.

3.1 - Summary

Although I was quite frustrated at quite a few points during this game, I'm ultimately very pleased with how it played out. And considering it was NSM's first mystery game, it was a smashing success. I think it might even have been the most active game on this site, and it was certainly the most active one on this site behind the scenes, as I received (literally) hundreds of PMs. And one of the best things was that I think that the team that won was the one that deserved it. Of course, the game also had its fair share of problems, most of them lying with me. The three most prevalent of these were the balance issues, my unfamiliarity with mystery games, and my mistakes. I don't think any of these had a large impact on the outcome of the game, and I will discuss each of them in turn below. First though, how the game was made.

3.2 - Design

A lot of people were curious, both during the game and after, how I came up with the roles for this game. Well, I'm finally explaining it. I determined right off the bat that I wanted a game with 3 wolves and 11 humans; 14 players seemed like a nice number, and Maestro's had taken a while to fill with 16. Making it bigger might initially seem like a good idea in hindsight, but by the end of the game, I had run out of stand-by players to replace the actual players with! I also decided that the wolves should be the White Walkers from the show, refered to in the books as "the Others." I went with White Walkers since it sounds cooler.

In addition to the 14 players with White Walker wolves, I decided that the game should focus on the four most important "Great Houses" from the first book of A Song of Ice and Fire: Stark, Lannister, Baratheon and Targaryen. There are a ton of other houses and characters, but the game was relatively small and if I had done that, there would be like one player per house. Boring. I also thought it would be neat to have an unaligned player to mix things up.

From there, I generated a list of 28 characters, 6 from the major houses and 4 unaligned. With eleven human roles, I thought 1 unaligned and 10 from the houses was perfect. I randomly picked the two houses that would have 3 players (Lannister and Targaryen) and the other houses would have 2 players (Stark and Baratheon). At this point, I just randomly selected names from the list of characters that would be in the game; 3 Lannisters, 3 Targaryens, 2 Starks, 2 Baratheons, and 1 unaligned. Then I built the roles around those characters. For instance, Davos Seaworth is a smuggler. So he gets a "Smuggle" power that allows him to bring items into the game if nobody is watching him. Sometimes I'd come up with a great power for a character that wouldn't really mesh with the other powers in the game... I would just throw it out and start over. If anybody read the character descriptions (which I don't think anyone did), you'll see that the descriptions very frequently give away what the character's powers are likely to be. Just read Jon Snow's entry if you don't believe me.

Once all the roles included in the game had awesome and unique powers that worked well with each other (for instance, Jorah Mormont's "Dishonesty" power plays against Tywin Lannister's "Legacy" power and Eddard Stark's "Head of House" power), I had to give the wolves something to work with. Rather than just giving them roles identical to those of the human with unique powers that fit their characters, I gave them a toolbox of very powreful moves to create their own roles which they would claim. If they could just claim the role listed in their PM, it takes all the fun out of a mystery game. I think the team that wins a mystery should be the team with the best liars, and with a wide variety of powers, they're free to make up powers they think are believable.

One issue a lot of mysteries have was that the wolves aren't sure what to claim. That's the reason I designed the "false roles" system. Now they can claim characters that are just as innocent as all the others without people being suspicious. This would also give the wolves an idea of what regular human roles looked like, to help them with their false claims and making up powers to fit those roles. The big list of descriptions (which, regrettably, not a single player read) would give them hints as to what their powers should be like as well. The regular humans were given false roles as well. That was a less smart move, as it really just confused everyone, but I envisioned them using those to create discussion without the risk of giving themselves away. Also, similarly to the wolves, it told them what the other roles might have been like. The false roles were generally a lot less believable than the real ones, just because I was running out of ideas. Although their are a few gems, in general they progressively became more and more absurd. Look at Lysa Arryn's and Mirri Maz Duur's overpowered roles for instance.

When I was done with the wolf powers, roles and false roles, I had a game overflowing with cool mechanics: health (which I'd stolen from a Manti game, actually), global effects (Winter and War), false information (knowledge from fake roles, Tyrion Lannister's "Trickery"), disguises (the Wolf disguises), item creation (Gregor Clegane's "Pillage" and Davos Seaworth's "Smuggle), even marriage. Just adding up the powers on both sides, things were probably about even. But when different powers were used in different ways, or in concert with one another, the scales began to tip. My failure to look at every use or combination of roles was one of the main problems with this game, which will be discussed in full in the following section!

3.3 - Balance Issues

A lot of people won't like this, but I'm fairly certain that the game was balanced heavily in favor of the humans. They managed to prevail anyway, but that was due to some incredibly smart strategic thinking, as well as a few lucky moves as well. Here are the four key issues that I think led to this difference, listed from least to most significant:
  • Human ignorance frequently proved a player's humanity. This really just boils down to human players being confused and asking questions about the White Walkers. Do they know each other? How do disguises work? How do I tell if I'm a wolf? Do White Walkers get a fake role too? That last question was asked by FSM, and I'm surprised it didn't prove his humanity right then and there. But humans asking questions like these that the White Walkers would actually know often led players to be considered more or less human. This is a problem that's pretty common, actually. In the future, I'll try and make things as clear as possible, but the wolves should also take advantage of this by feigning ignorance as well. Additionally, I'll just yell at anybody stupid or foolish enough to ask a question that's been answered in the first or second post of a topic.
  • Humans not having strong incentives to hurt one another. One of the cornerstones of this game was the rivalry between the houses. I had intended it to be worthwhile in a lot of cases for a human to hurt another human. In a lot of cases it would be worth it. The most clear-cut example is Daenerys Targaryen's "Vengeance" power, where she would kill a player then earn a revive and more damage. However, these incentives were apparently not quite strong enough. The players refused to hurt one another, which is why the health bars were so static for the first parts of this game. Liggy also made this problem a bit worse, as he united the teams on day 1. But since the humans wouldn't hurt one another, the wolves didn't have opportunities to make quick kills or to gain an edge from the humans killing each other.
  • Wolf powers not being flexible enough. Although the powers the wolves were given are undeniably quite formidable, they are very simple. Hurt. Heal. Revive. Nullify. Steal. While the humans had very specific and very creative powers. Do fire damage/burn a corpse, smuggle an item randomly, guard a player with a chance of killing yourself. Although the wolves could be creative with their powers, they couldn't possibly combine the powers they have into a role as believable as the ones the humans received.
  • Human roles being confirmable. By far the biggest cause of inbalance in this game. The human powers were so specific and so believable, anybody with a generic power should have been lynched immediately. On top of that, everybody had two role PMs. They could see that, based on these roles, everybody should have incredibly unique abilities. I think that if the humans had all agreed to post their powers in the thread on night 1 and to prove they had those powers that night, the humans would have won in 3 day phases. There are just so many powers the wolves couldn't possibly have as well. Davos Seaworth's "Loyalty" power, which targets a Baratheon and puts them on the throne, dethroning and damaging the previous King. Jorah Mormont's "Advise" power, which delivers information to another player, rather than themselves. Margaery Tyrell's "Bounty of the Reach," enabling her to kill herself in order to fully heal every other player. It's just crazy stuff, and I feel like the humans didn't focus on this stuff nearly enough! Maybe I just have a twisted view of all of this, since I watched the game unfold from above, but what did you people actually believe Zunawe and Thiannon's powers were?

3.4 - Unfamiliarity with Mystery Games

I think instead of doing a write-up of this here, especially since I already have a section dedicated to my mistakes and balancing errors, I'll just write a small guide for the Hosting Guide topic. The second post has been reserved for too long anyway.

3.5 - Host Mistakes

There were a lot of them. There are three main ones. Well, I'm counting the Night 3 debacle all as one.

First there were two changes I made in the final hours of Night 1. I saw a few powers that simply needed to be changed in order to preserve the game's balance. I ultimately don't think that any of these changes had a major impact on the game, but who knows. The first was that I pooled the wolf powers. I was worried that if the disguiser was lynched on day 1, the wolves would be crippled beyond recovery. I discussed the idea of pooling their powers with two other TWCs on another website, and they both said it seemed fine... or at least, not unethical. The other change I made was two FSM's/Stannis Baratheon's "Armada" power, which would guard 3 players from damage on one night phase. I saw that this would become incredibly powerful as the player population dwindled, so I set a "use by night 3" deadline on it. These are mistakes since... well, you shouldn't change your game once it's already started.

Then there was what I'm going to call Liggygate. Liggy's power was a mess. It was the last real role I added to the game, and I clearly didn't think it through, since Liggy was constantly bombarding me with questions I didn't know the answers to. When did marriage come in the line of succession? What happens if I kill myself and marry on the same night? What happens if I marry somebody and they die the same night? The list goes on. Eventually he asked me if he could meet his additional win condition instead by becoming King. Since the game was designed to prevent him from ever becoming King, I said "sure, why not?" But I had actually made a small error with Mashi's PM. Mashi was Davos Seaworth, and he had a power that I thought would put the next Baratheon in line on the Iron Throne if he targeted a Baratheon. However, his actual role PM said that it would put the target Baratheon on the throne if he targeted a Baratheon. So since Liggy could Marry Davos making him a Baratheon, Davos could use that power on him and make Margaery King. It was a big mess, and it only happened since I thought it would be funny to say Liggy could do something when I knew it would fail. I was totally wrong though, and it would have worked. I had to go back on my word and tell Liggy that he couldn't win through becoming King. Eventually he gave up on marrying entirely and killed himself, I guess!!!

Finally there was all the horrible stuff that happened on Night 3. I made like 5 errors in that update. First, I forgot to kill Liggy. Second, I had allowed davy to die even though as Gregor Clegane, his "Unfeeling" power should have kept him alive. Third and Fourth, I forgot to send PMs to various players, and finally I had completely messed up the damage that should have been dealt to a few players. I did a lot of awful stuff when hosting this game, but I blame the circumstances completely for this phase. It took me 20 minutes to post the update once I'd written it, and the internet was too horrible for me to cross reference actions with PMs I'd received.

Oh, wait, I just remembered another. "Chilling Insight" wasn't supposed to give the wolves the false role as well as the actual one. Oops. Oh well.

Bird

3.6 - Phase by Phase Summary - Names are bolded so all the selfish members can just read the stuff that concerns them! This is all from memory so I'm sure it'll be full of mistakes, but this is how I would summarize the events of the game. If I didn't include you in one section, it's very possible you were extremely influential still, so don't get all offended. But I'm trying to look at the people who started lynches/got lynched/used powers/were targeted by powers.

NIGHT 1

The night that started it all! Quite a bit happened in the first phase of this game (to my utter delight), both in the thread and behind the scenes. There are big events that unfolded this phase: the ones surrounding fank009 and the ones surrounding Liggy/Toby.

First, I want to applaud fank009 for taking such initiative in the beginning, although it ultimately exploded in his face. You see, I mentioned in the "balance issues" that humans being confused by the game mechanics would often be proven to be human in the very beginning of the game. fank009 recognized this instantly and tried to forge an alliance with Olimar12345 and FireArrow. Unfortunately, they were not quite so trusting of him, since as new players, perhaps his own reasons for trusting them weren't totally clear. Anyway, they began to talk to other players about it, and eventually this behind-the-scenes chattering grew into a pretty big suspicion of him. His hand was forced in the chat, and he sort of admitted to being Daenerys Targaryen. The wolves Thiannon and Zunawe (who were both familiar with the source material) suspected that Targaryen players would have fire-based abilities, and then the wolves together (The Boy Who Cried Wolf included!) that he should be wolfed. This proved to be a very lucky move for them, as fank009 was undoubtedly the most powerful player in the game!

And then Liggy, who is typically inactive, decided to play extremely well and be outrageously active for no real reason! As a refresher, he was Margaery Tyrell, the unaligned human with regular win conditions as well as a non-overriding bonus win condition. He had to marry the role who was King. Not the player. The role. And if he succeeded, he would win and not have to do anything else for the rest of the game. So he comes out, talks about how human his sacrificial power is, and sweeps everyone off their feet with his big, charismatic text. I don't really know why everyone trusted him enough to give him their alignments, but hey, whatever works! At the same time, he got Yugi to guard him. The Boy Who Cried Wolf had received a (fake) succession list in his wolfy role PM, and tried to use this information to get into Liggy's good graces. He also claimed Varys, which would backfire completely once he saw the real succession list, and there was really nothing he could have done to prevent that (whoops).

Other stuff that happened this phase: FSM's role is rebalanced so that he has to use Armada earlier than Day 3. The Wolves' roles are rebalanced so that powers are pooled. shadowkirby and k-NiGhT both post once talking about how active they will be before completely forgetting to use their powers and getting issued warnings. The wolves also use Chilling Insight on Olimar, learning his powers, false role, and the real succession list.

DAY 1

Pretty early on in this phase, shadowkirby was replaced by davy and k-NiGhT was replaced by TheZeldaPianist275. Which is good, since TZP's role, Jon Snow, became King at the beginning of this phase! And wow, was this a neat day phase to watch unfold. There were so many lynch targets with a ton of support before the lynch would swing to another player. It started out with Olimar12345, who seemed to be a good pick for somebody who would target fank009, as he knew fank's role. But his sheer obliviousness seemed to protect him (no offense, this is your first game (in forever?) and it's the most complex one NSM has ever seen). FSM-Reapr stood up and protected him though. Then people started to look at both FSM and Liggy.

This is also the phase where Liggy, isntead of posting all the house alignments, elected to just tell people who their housemates were. This sort of broke the game, as I touched upon in the previous section of this post-game. The game was designed for humans to hurt one another, but they were being boring and peaceful and stuff. Screw you Liggy!

Toby, who know had the real succession list now, sent Liggy a PM saying "uhh... oops this is the real list" or something. It made Liggy suspicious! And then, since he claimed Varys the previous phase, TZP and FSM began to suspect him as well. If he were Varys, who is higher than TZP's Jon Snow on the succession list, he would have been King. But he wasn't King! So a big lynch started against Toby. I guess he could have lied his way out of it by saying that Varys was unable to become King or something, but he was basically blindsided by this, since there was no way he could have known that Varys was high on the real succession list. If he had disguised, he would probably have been King for most of the game! Oh well, that was poor game design rather than poor decision-making from him, at least as far as the Varys issue goes. He definitely shouldn't have shared that fake list with Liggy though. So yeah, TBWCW was lynched.

There was a big hub-bub in the chatroom about it, but I don't want to read through a million chatlogs! Good job to everyone who was there though! You made a good phase a great phase.

NIGHT 2

Lot's of neat stuff happens on this phase now that all the players are active, but there still isn't a ton of interaction between the players which was disappointing. A lot of this is due to the peaceful nature of the players, who don't really like making bold moves that may go wrong (looks-good-in-post-game-syndrome as some would call it). But the rest is due to Liggy's smelliness. So ultimately, this phase was just a long list of actions that didn't have a lot to do with one another. So I'll just copy and paste them I guess! Or maybe I'll put them in list/sentence order, yeah...

TZP uses Watcher on Liggy, finding out who Liggy targeted on Night 2 (nobody), davy Pillages a Stark village, getting a 1-heart-heal item, Mashi Smuggles another mediocre good, gets a shield (self-guard item), FSM uses a Dissent, adding a message into the update post, Zunawe, a wolf, disguises as Jaime Lannister, Thiannon, a wolf, disguises as Catelyn Stark, the wolves use Chilling Insight on Mashi, learning all the information contained in his role PM, The wolves burn fank009's corpse, the wolves activate Winter, to strike the following night phase, alerting Yugi, Olimar12345 is wolfed.

DAY 2

And from here on out, the human's days of being great are over! the lynch this phase, for whatever reason, was Mashi. I don't know how it happened! Thiannon actually messaged me saying he was scared Mashi was going to get him lynched. Hilarious!

Anyway, tons of people still suspect Liggy at this point. I think this was likely because he didn't emphasize enough that he was a human with an additional win condition. This would probably inspire him to commit his super fun Night 3 actions, which I actually can't wait to talk about. I just reread the phase, and found the reason Mashi was lynched. According to TZP: " FireArrow and FSM both know why.  Olimar literally said the night he died, "If I die, it was Mashi."  There's too much pointing to Big M to be ignored, including some stuff I can't take the time to write up right now."

Fascinating stuff. Maybe if TZP had explained why Mashi was suspicious, people would have been able to point out what might have been wrong with that reasoning. But now we'll never know! This action should have given BDS some more Pentoshi Dollars, but I forgot until after Day 4, whoops!

NIGHT 3

This was the first really fun Night Phase. It wasn't clear at first, since the update was positively horrific, and I really wish I could go back in time and kick myself in the head for allowing it to happen, but whatever. Let's discuss what should have happened though.

With the exception of one hilarious slip-up, the wolves wrecked this night phase. FSM wasn't extremely secretive about his guarding ability, and so the wolves used their single nullification on him this phase. That was going to guard both him and TZP. But with it blocked, TZP and several other players were subjected to the wrath of Winter that the wolves had activated the previous phase. This icy storm did hit the following players: davy, Zunawe, Thiannon, TZP, Bubbles, BDS. The wolves wolfed FireArrow and attempted to sneak a second kill in by using their two-heart damage power, Icy Spear, on davy. Unfortunately, they targeted the single player who was immune to non-lethal damage. At the same time, TZP threw a torch at FSM to see if he was a wolf. On top of all of this, Thiannon and Zunawe disguise themselves as Stark and Lannister respectively, and Yugi uses his power to determine if Thiannon is actually a Stark. And of course, it works.

Meanwhile, Liggy was extremely frustrated that nobody would tell him TZP's role. That was literally all he needed to win. He became so frustrated, he just decided to kill himself, without even trying to marry anyone. What makes this even more hilarious was that he had told me a prior phase that he was 90% sure that TZP was Jon Snow. And guess what? TZP was Jon Snow. All he needed to do was send in his guess, and he would have won the game alongside the wolves! Thiannon was actually contemplating sending Liggy an anonymous email saying "tZp Is JoN sNoW ~tHe WoLvEs," but decided not to. Such is the tragedy of Liggy and Margaery Tyrell. Even though nobody had any reason to deny him his win, they did it anyway and it drove the poor guy to kill himself.

So when the update came, everyone was confused. Not just because of my mistakes, but FSM thought the guard should have worked, the wolves thought that FSM shouldn't have been damaged, everyone was confused as to why Yugi and davy were the only ones not affected by Winter, and it was just a hilarious time all around. Jolly good fun.

DAY 3

This is the aftermath of the awesome Night 3. The wolves "hurt themselves, not Yugi" ploy is a smashing success, so even though he confirmed Thiannon as a Stark and even though he now has an incredible vigi power, he gets lynched. So awesome.

NIGHT 4

Another terrific phase, and it was ultimately the won that swung the game in the wolves favor, although the clutch steal they made would likely have been inconsequential.

davy takes a chance and pillages the Lannister Seaport, hurting him two hearts. He only had a 1/3 chance of getting an item that would actually help him (a revive) so I wasn't really surprised when random.org decided not to let a human miracle happen. davy also heals TZP one heart, since the King should be healthy, I guess. It's funny that davy chose to weaken himself this way, since if he hadn't taken the chance, he wouldn't have been killed by the wolves on Night 5.

The real fun of this phase comes when you look at BDS. Now that he was rolling in Pentoshi Dollars, his role's currency, he could do tons of neat stuff. He decides he's going to use it to kill FSM. Unfortunately, he is robbed this very phase, and stealing comes before item usage. So even though he was going to kill another human player, the wolves didn't let him and killed him. But not before he could also activate a war, which would cause damage in the following Night Phase to be doubled.

I mentioned that this steal didn't really matter. That's because, even though the money enabled the wolves to kill 3 players on Night 5, if BDS had killed FSM, they only would have needed to kill 1, since the thrall revival would have made the game 2:2 on Day 5.

DAY 4

Thiannon really hadn't done that much wrong (not that he did a whole lot in the thread in general), but pretty much everyone saw this lynch coming, essentially through process of elimination. But he and Zunawe were basically in the clear at this point anyway, so I don't think he cared that much. Oh wait, he actually cared a lot, and thought everyone's reasons for lynching him were dumb, blah blah blah. I'm sure you'll get an earful once he sees this!!

Night 5

The final night phase! Everyone just pulled all their powers out, since the game was pretty much done at this point, one way or another, and everyone knew it. Zunawe healed himself, did one heart of damage to davy (killing him), did two hearts of damage to FSM (killing him). Bubbles decides to use her Spy power, just for fun I guess, and then gets robbed, stabbed and wolfed. Then as icing on the wolf victory cake, Zunawe revives Mashi as a demon zombie, winning the game handily. The King, TZP, got the royal honor of watching every single one of his people die, which is as good an ending as a game like this could possibly hope for!

FireArrow

Oh, the false roles were already preplanned to be false? That makes sense... on night one I was thinking how stupid the game would be if my real role was lysa arryn... 2 deaths a night + random damage everywhere.

Thanks for typing all that out as well, it's really informative (at least for my knowledge-less brain.)  :P
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

fank009

QuoteHuman ignorance frequently proved a player's humanity

Definetly an inbalance their... I must say I exploited this Night one, (The reason why i started the whole "Secret alliance")

The stupid thing is...
No one else picked up on it. Have a look at day one again, And you can see that No one else acted upon it :/

There were other issues, that i agree with, that (if a sane man had control) would have made it OP for humans,
While Wolves had really over the top powers, It all balanced out in the fact they were too simple (Ran into this mistake of being asked to do more as a wolf before...)

It was just a missed opportunity for humans, There were signs of an easy game, And i should have acted more on it and tipped my "alliance" a bit more with it.

But eh, We all make mistakes...
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

TheZeldaPianist275

lol FireArrow XD

@Fank and Bird:  I actually don't think that was a huge imbalance.  A reasonably talented wolf could immediately notice this and play dumb.  Although I suppose with Fire and Olimar, two new players, it pretty much confirmed theirs.  Am I correct that you started a short-lived alliance with them, Fank?

fank009

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on June 16, 2013, 09:46:02 AMlol FireArrow XD

@Fank and Bird:  I actually don't think that was a huge imbalance.  A reasonably talented wolf could immediately notice this and play dumb.  Although I suppose with Fire and Olimar, two new players, it pretty much confirmed theirs.  Am I correct that you started a short-lived alliance with them, Fank?
I wouldnt say it was short lived, the two of them were close all game (from what i read)
But yes that is correct.
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...