News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Petitions for Kingdom Hearts III on Wii U

Started by DonValentino, June 18, 2013, 05:42:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonValentino

Some days ago, Kingdom Hearts III, one of the most anticipated games in the series, was finally presented at Sony's conference at E3. The fact that it was coming to PS4 was obvious, but that was not all.

Later on, Kingdom Hearts III was also confirmed for Xbox One. What? Xbox? Doesn't make sense, right? Nintendo has 4 of 7 KH games on their consoles, and they all had surprisingly good sales, specially Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance, which is a prologue of the events of KH III.

Seeing that, you'd say: "Makes sense that KH III would also come too Wii U". But no. A Kingdom Hearts III version for Wii U is mysteriously absent, disappointing thousands of fans that were expecting to play in on their Wii U.

Square Enix is already working on Deus Ex Director's Cut and worked on Dragon Quest. Why no Kingdom Hearts III then? Maybe SE thinks Wii U hasn't got enough sales, but do you think that a version for Xbox One, after its underwhelming presentation, would have more sales than a Wii U version? Knowing KH 3D already hooked even more fans to the series and that they would buy it on Wii U? Makes no sense, right?

That's why petitions have emerged instantly after that for a Wii U version release. So please, even if you don't like KH, or you like it but plan to buy it on some other console, please sign these petitions to help us have this wonderful game for Wii U too.

Without further ado, here are links for some petitions:

http://www.change.org/petitions/square-enix-put-kingdom-hearts-3-and-kingdom-hearts-hd-collection-for-wii-u-and-ps3

http://www.change.org/petitions/square-enix-please-develop-kingdom-hearts-iii-for-the-wii-u-also

http://www.change.org/petitions/square-enix-bring-kingdom-hearts-3-to-the-wiiu-alongside-the-ps4-and-xbox-one-3

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/kingdom-hearts-3-for-wiiu-appeal/

Also on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/BringKingdomHearts3ToWiiU

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=209580305857361&m_sess&viewtype=public&__user=100006149733056

Thanks for your attention. :)

Dude

SlowPokemon

Hmm. I think I'm going to skip this one of you don't mind. They've already announced its platforms.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MaestroUGC

You do realize they'd need to rebuild the game from the ground up in order for it to work on the Wii U, right? Even if it does come to the Wii U, it'd be at least another year before we see it.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

DonValentino

Quote from: Dude on June 18, 2013, 05:45:29 AMSure.

90% chance it won't happen though. :P

Thanks. :)
Yeah, I know...

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 18, 2013, 05:55:50 AMHmm. I think I'm going to skip this one of you don't mind. They've already announced its platforms.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on June 18, 2013, 08:31:29 AMYou do realize they'd need to rebuild the game from the ground up in order for it to work on the Wii U, right? Even if it does come to the Wii U, it'd be at least another year before we see it.

I know. But still, it's just a matter of Direct X11, and Wii U kinda supports it.
Square Enix is lazy because they just ignored the Wii U, instead of looking if there was a way to put KHIII on Wii U. It is possible.

And I'm sure a port would be just fine. A lazy port, is that too much to ask? I, for instance, would even be happy with a downgrade. :P
I just want to play KH III on a console that I actually have. No way I'm going to buy a PS4 or an Xbox One just for KH, I really can't afford them and it's stupid to buy an expensive console like those just for one game. :(

Either way, a Wii U version is possible and profitable! If SE just did it instead of avoiding it...

MaestroUGC

Porting it to the Wii U isn't as easy as you want to believe, the architecture for the system is vastly different from either the X-Bone and PS4. Incorporating the gamepad alone would require great restructuring of the game.

This goes for any cross platform games involving the Wii U, since the developers would have to essentially make two versions of the same game, instead of just tweaking it for a different console.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

DonValentino

... And that's why I recently said that Nintendo is disappointing me badly. Why can't they actually get into the fight and compete directly with Sony and Microsoft? No Direct X11, no unified account system, software delays...

Nintendo has to understand that they are not alone in the video game industry. Graphics don't make a game, but power is still important.

That said, I maintain that a Wii U version is actually possible, even if they have to make another version. And still think it would be profitable too! :-\

Nebbles

Nintendo doesn't care about competition or console wars. So asking them to "fight" is out of their nature, which is what I like about Nintendo. They make enough cash on their own without having to compete, and they're on a vastly different plane than Sony or Microsoft in terms of gaming and consoles anyway.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

KefkaticFanatic

The Wii U is antiquated hardware which is now a completely different development environment, so I expect there to continue to be a lacking of major multiplatform titles as there has been with the Wii, if not even more so.  It would be a waste of time and money to develop a Wii U version especially considering the relative flop of the console thus far.

me irl
[close]

spitllama

As much as I would love to have it on Wii U, these petitions are too little, too late. It won't happen.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Dude

DonValentino

Quote from: Dudeman on June 19, 2013, 09:39:42 AMRelevant.

Yeah, already got it... :(

Quote from: Dude on June 19, 2013, 09:50:07 AMI never said I signed it I was just saying that I understood.

I imagined you didn't, but I said thanks anyways for understanding.

Oh whatever, who am I kidding? It's not coming to the Wii U. But still disappointing. :P