Orchestral Video Game Suite

Started by Brian, May 14, 2008, 11:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Requesting Delfino Plaza, Bianco Hills, and Ricco Harbor all combined into one (playing simultaneously). Do not copy everything note for note or else it will sound wrong. Use music theory to pick the right chording. Also requesting the main theme for NEW Super Mario Bros. and music from Mario Kart Wii.

Sirus

thats kinda gonna be hard to make it sound right  :-\

MetroidHunter26

I'm starting diffrent projects before this one (So i can get more expeirence) and My arrangment is just the Ending Theme for Metroid. but For the Medly suite thing were doing I'm doing the Super Metroid ending and the Menu theme of Melee because they sound very alike.

Brian

You guys gotta listen to this. Took me a couple days to get my ideas across. Anyways I extracted them from midis like vgmusic and got the arrangements from my pre-made arrangements that I've arranged in the past as well as NSM (G-han's arrangements were a pain in the ass no offense). All mario and only 1 Zelda. I'm having a tough time trying to transition to a different franchise... oh well. I looked everywhere for a midi of "Everyone's a Super Star" from Mario Party, but to no avail so I just cut out a piece of the original song and pasted it in there. I just listened to rainbow road from Mario Kart Wii and it sounds exactly like Good Egg Galaxy. So... I'm going to use that in between Good Egg/Gusty Garden Galaxy and Everyone's a Super Star/Super Mario RPG medley. Just to note that this is only a template. Do not tell me it's missing percussion, there's no bass, etc.

After 6 min when it cuts off, Super Mario Sunshine will go there as mentioned above. After that I hope I transition to a different game. Too much Mario lol.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0n0xmfqvbdt

Requests: "Everyone's a Super Star - Mario Party", "Rainbow Road - Mario Kart Wii", "Delfino Plaza, Bianco Hills, and Ricco Harbor combined - Super Mario Sunshine"

MetroidHunter26

That's a good template. But I have to ask you can how will we combine the songs? and Will we need to dish out every trick in the book to make this incredible and should we also make this playable or just Ear candy were theres also sound effects and all that stuff we can't realy imitate with percussion and etc.?

Brawler4Ever

How long do you want the Super Mario Sunshine part to be?

[EDIT]: Um..I finished my orchestration. I hope it's what you wanted.
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Brian

You didn't by any chance just pulled the notation out of a midi and pasted it in there did you? It doesn't sound right. Do you have knowledge of music theory? It may help you put them together. It doesn't have to sound exactly as it is, but should be familiar. The melody is the utmost important part of a song than anything else. Disregard the chords and bass and choose one that fits. The guitar chords in Delfino Plaza was a very bad choice. It clashes with the melody.

Download my incomplete game medley mp3 to see how I combined different themes. The Underwater theme (SMB) and overworld theme from SMW was put together at 00:29-00:49. You'll notice the pizzicato strings are playing the overworld theme from SMW, but not exactly. However it is still noticeable.  The underwater theme was going to be my primary medley so other themes must obey its chording unless changed by the composer's discretion (ei. at 00:48 it was Emaj so I changed it to Cmaj). I also added bits of the sun song (LoZ) in there too. Overall do not be afraid to alter its form.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mcd2mm351ym

PS: I haven't seen Megan in awhile. You still there?

MetroidHunter26

She has been gone awhile now  ??? don't know. And BTW what program do you use to make the Mp3?

Brawler4Ever

Quote from: Brian on May 14, 2008, 11:21:51 PMArrangers are servants to the co-master orchestrator and master orchestrator. :D All you do is listen to what the higher-ups say and arrange, but do stick to one theme.
Basically, that's me.  :)
1. I did take the songs out of midis. I'm not arranging at playing by ear. At all.
2. No. I have no knowledge of music theory.   :(
3. It's hard for me. I can only have 8 staves (unless I edit an-already made midi).  :'(
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Brian

I made the mp3 using Adobe Audition (it aint free). LAME is another high-quality mp3 converter that's free.

@Brawler. Try working with the melody alone. Choose the dominant song you're going to use. Then ensure that other songs follow it. This requires altering the notation of course.

Sirus

the mp3 was really good
oh btw do you still want us to do the 3 songs in 1 playing at the same time?

Brian

Yes. I can just change the key sig when it's time to use it. Lol I think it's starting to become a Mario suite XD I can't seem to get out of there (been over 6 min now). Mario is probably hypnotizing me from Mushroom Kingdom lmao. Mario's evil. Speaking of evil, you guys gotta listen to my dark overworld theme for evil mario at apollomix. It's funny.

Sirus

lol, ill do that  :)
*goes to listen to the song at apollomix*

Brian

Taking summer classes now. I'll be very, very busy. Megan will take charge. But even she's not here... Who wants to be a temporary master orchestrator while I'm gone? Do continue on this project while I'm gone though. I gotta hear MH26's metroid/SSBM medley and the Mario sunshine combo medley as well as other combinations and medleys.

MetroidHunter26

:-\ That might be a problem considering that VG music is out and I didn't get the midi's (That's how I arrange but I sometimes add extra stuff)