Super Smash Bros Fisticuffs for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Started by Yugi, July 13, 2013, 09:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What newcomer do you want to see as DLC?

King K. Rool
Snake
Geno
Shovel Knight
Banjo
Professor Layton ahahaha if he gets picked i'd be surprised
someone else i'm forgetting

Dude

MasterProX

Marth's been confirmed?

This is the apotheosis of my life.

Yugi

Waddle Bro

Yugi

blueflower999

Bulbear! Blueflower999

DonValentino

I think the next newcomer will be Little Mac. Just look at the ring: the symbol in the middle is very similar to that of Punch Out, and even the color of the ropes. Also, the crowd can be seen mimicking punches sometimes, and while it could be a generic move, it could also be a boxing hint.

I was also trying to think why Rock or Winged pikmin weren't shown in the trailers. Well, I think that Olimar will have a Brittany/Charlie/Alph skin just like female Wii Fit Trainer has the male trainer.
So Olimar could exclusively use White and Purple pikmin, and if you choose Alph, Brittany or Charlie, Rock and Winged ones.

I wonder how are they going to implement the skin feature. Will the male trainer have the same moves as the female trainer?
Just gender changes like boy Villager/girl Villager? Or completely/partially different movesets for different skins like Mario/Dr. Mario?
I think it would add a lot of diversity to the battle, and technically you're not including more characters, just expanding the actual roster.

Oh, and personally I'd also like to see K Rool as a newcomer too, even if I know it would be unlikely.
So any other thoughts of the game so far?

FierceDeity

I'm still really excited for mega man and rosalina. And yeah, K Rool would be cool. Seems interesting to me that they've included "large villain dude" from super mario, legend of zelda, and kirby, but somehow managed to leave him out.

Kman96

Quote from: FierceDeity on January 18, 2014, 03:03:26 PMI'm still really excited for mega man and rosalina. And yeah, K Rool would be cool. Seems interesting to me that they've included "large villain dude" from super mario, legend of zelda, and kirby, but somehow managed to leave him out.
That's because Nintendo doesn't own the rights to K Rool or the kremlings anymore. They lost them when Rareware was bought by Microsoft. That's also why the Kremlings weren't in either of the new Donkey Kong Country games. Nintendo doesn't have the rights.
Party Hard!
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Kman96 on January 18, 2014, 03:28:16 PMThat's because Nintendo doesn't own the rights to K Rool or the kremlings anymore. They lost them when Rareware was bought by Microsoft. That's also why the Kremlings weren't in either of the new Donkey Kong Country games. Nintendo doesn't have the rights.
I thought they were considered part of the Donkey Kong franchise (which, obviously, would be retained by Nintendo)?

According to the DK Wiki, he appeared in Donkey Kong Barrel Blast, which was released for the Wii in 2007.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

MaestroUGC

Nintendo owns the rights to the Donkey Kong franchise and all characters within. The fact that Retro hasn't used K. Rool in the DKCR series yet is just their artistic choice.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

DonValentino

Quote from: Kman96 on January 18, 2014, 03:28:16 PMThat's because Nintendo doesn't own the rights to K Rool or the kremlings anymore. They lost them when Rareware was bought by Microsoft. That's also why the Kremlings weren't in either of the new Donkey Kong Country games. Nintendo doesn't have the rights.

Nintendo in fact does own the Kremlings. As far as I know, all series that belonged to Nintendo originally (those are Starfox and Donkey Kong) were brought back to Nintendo and everything Rare did with them, while Rare-created franchises (Conker, Banjo, Killer Instinct...) were kept by them.

Why nobody thinks Krystal belongs to Rare and think the Kremlings do? It's the same situation. :P
And of course, Barrel Blast is the perfect example. Heck, they even created new Kremlings like Kalypso!
And Retro said they didn't use the Kremlings not because they couldn't, but because they didn't want to (bad decision imo).

But yeah, the Kremlings have been absent since Mario Sluggers. They should return someday just like F-Zero and a new Starfox. :(

ninja'd, well not really, it took me some time to write this lol

SlowPokemon

Lucario's back! What do you guys think about this? And do you think Mega Lucario's going to be an option?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.