Super Smash Bros Fisticuffs for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Started by Yugi, July 13, 2013, 09:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What newcomer do you want to see as DLC?

King K. Rool
Snake
Geno
Shovel Knight
Banjo
Professor Layton ahahaha if he gets picked i'd be surprised
someone else i'm forgetting

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 01, 2014, 02:17:15 PMLucario's back! What do you guys think about this? And do you think Mega Lucario's going to be an option?
I'm not too sure how I think about it: not that I don't like Lucario or anything, but personally, I think it was a wasted opportunity to add a new Pokémon (e.g. Zoroark or one from X/Y), or even on old one (like bringing Mewtwo back, which would also fit for X and Y).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Sebastian

FierceDeity

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 01, 2014, 02:17:15 PMLucario's back! What do you guys think about this? And do you think Mega Lucario's going to be an option?

I'm betting on/hoping for Mega Lucario final smash.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on February 01, 2014, 02:24:26 PMI'm not too sure how I think about it: not that I don't like Lucario or anything, but personally, I think it was a wasted opportunity to add a new Pokémon (e.g. Zoroark or one from X/Y), or even on old one (like bringing Mewtwo back, which would also fit for X and Y).

I mean, Lucario is super relevant for X/Y, though. More relevant than Mewtwo. And it's not like this means they can't make another Pokémon addition (although it is less likely now), it just means they're not replacing Lucario.

Quote from: mariolegofan on February 01, 2014, 02:25:00 PMI think the Wii Fit Trainer is going to be cool :)

I'm excited for every new addition they're making so far. Although, I'm happy no matter what now that they're finally including Mega Man :3

SlowPokemon

Prediction: they'll announce Ness along with a release of Mother 3, maybe even a full trilogy release.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FierceDeity on February 01, 2014, 05:03:17 PMI mean, Lucario is super relevant for X/Y, though. More relevant than Mewtwo. And it's not like this means they can't make another Pokémon addition (although it is less likely now), it just means they're not replacing Lucario.
Wasn't Mewtwo the first Mega revealed??

Also, I'm a tiny bit irritated about how they're revealing all the old characters one by one. It's like: OOOH! Mario's in the new Smash Bros! I never would've guessed! :P It seems very redundant.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on February 01, 2014, 06:54:35 PMAlso, I'm a tiny bit irritated about how they're revealing all the old characters one by one. It's like: OOOH! Mario's in the new Smash Bros! I never would've guessed! :P It seems very redundant.

That's not what it's like at all, actually.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 01, 2014, 07:03:39 PMThat's not what it's like at all, actually.
Have you even looked at the character reveals (and recurring characters that haven't been revealed yet), or do you see my post and instantaneously want to contradict it? :P

EDIT: Just looking at IGN's page quickly, the only characters confirmed who haven't appeared before are the Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer, and Rosalina/Luma. Compared to 18-or-so other characters who have appeared before. For characters that have only been in Brawl before, it's understandable, but any more than that, it seems rather pointless (e.g. the analogy I described).
Characters who have been in every game but haven't been confirmed yet are Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, Yoshi, and Ness.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

blueflower999

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 01, 2014, 05:49:21 PMPrediction: they'll announce Ness along with a release of Mother 3, maybe even a full trilogy release.
If this happened I would construct a shrine to Nintendo in my bathroom and sacrifice my firstborn son to it.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Yugi

blueflower999

Considering that you offered your penis for the prize of the Post To 1782 Game, I think I'm perfectly fine by your standards.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

FierceDeity

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on February 01, 2014, 06:54:35 PMWasn't Mewtwo the first Mega revealed??

First revealed, not super significant in the story...
As for Lucario, though,
Spoiler
every player gets one along with the mega evolution ring; the battle to GET the mega evolution ring is that Lucario mega evolving versus another Lucario mega evolving. That's a lot of fucking Lucario right there, if you ask me.
[close]

SlowPokemon

Not to mention the Tower of Mastery, a key landmark in Shalour City where all of that takes place, has a giant statue of Lucario in it.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FierceDeity on February 01, 2014, 09:09:31 PMFirst revealed, not super significant in the story...
As for Lucario, though,
Spoiler
every player gets one along with the mega evolution ring; the battle to GET the mega evolution ring is that Lucario mega evolving versus another Lucario mega evolving. That's a lot of fucking Lucario right there, if you ask me.
[close]
Mewtwo is an iconic Pokémon in general though (probably one of the most iconic legendaries), and it also fits for X and Y (which is what I said originally- it doesn't matter whether it's more story-significant than Lucario, because it's still very important to X and Y in general, given that its Mega Evolution was the first revealed).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

SlowPokemon

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 01, 2014, 09:17:45 PMYeahhhh Lucario is a much better choice imo
You did ask what people thought about Lucario's return...

I also think it would be interesting to see Mewtwo return since it hasn't been in the series since Melee (or, rather, it has only appeared then).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber