Super Smash Bros Fisticuffs for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Started by Yugi, July 13, 2013, 09:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What newcomer do you want to see as DLC?

King K. Rool
Snake
Geno
Shovel Knight
Banjo
Professor Layton ahahaha if he gets picked i'd be surprised
someone else i'm forgetting

blueflower999

Fanboy Passion
THERE'S AN EARTHBOUND DEMO IN THE WII U VERSION AAAAAA
[close]
Bulbear! Blueflower999

Kman96

Finally got this game. I can't play it yet due to school stuff, but I'll get around to it soon enough, I hope.
Party Hard!
[close]

fingerz

I don't know a thing about Metroid or Ridley, but there's quite a bit of evidence to suggest that he's not going to be a playable character even for DLC considering as he's already a major part of a stage. Still, I found this video a while back and thought it was pretty darn neat. If they could make this, so could Nintendo. ;)

Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

KefkaticFanatic

Nintendo decided to patch smash with ""balance"" adjustments, however they gave no detailed patch notes like every other competent developer, so everybody is throwing around rumor.

In all likelihood they didn't do dick, since you can still play online with people with the older version of the game.

And the online is still just as unplayably laggy.

me irl
[close]

blueflower999

One of these days you'll make a positive post rather than a nit-picky complaining one. It's still a wonder that a game like Smash Brothers works on a handheld at all, so a little lag should be expected.
Bulbear! Blueflower999

KefkaticFanatic

When Nintendo makes good decisions I will

If Wii U smash comes out and magically has beautiful smooth online play, then I will be like wow ninty u did gud.

But at this point they're just a disappointment and it is sad.

And no, it is not a "wonder", it's more of a wonder that Nintendo has managed to do it.  See the precedent of many years of online gaming by every other developer as well as many that are on Sony's portables :P

The lag isn't because the game can't run well on Nintendo's shitty hardware, it's because Nintendo still can't figure out how to write decent netcode.

me irl
[close]

Maelstrom

Just thought I should point out that I've only had one laggy online match. Then again, I only play 1-on-1

KefkaticFanatic

You're one of the lucky ones.  There's no consistency with it, which is the problem.

me irl
[close]

SuperFireKirby

I don't think I have a single friend who hasn't been insanely frustrated by the amount of lag the accompanies online smash. I don't actually own the game(or a 3DS) so I don't have any first hand experience with the game outside local matches. But you'd think Nintendo would've figured something out after the shitfest that was Brawl online.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Maelstrom

I've heard 4 player matches are disasters, however....

Nebbles

The lag definitely isn't as terrible as Brawl, but it's still an issue.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

FireArrow

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on October 27, 2014, 06:45:34 PMYou're one of the lucky ones.  There's no consistency with it, which is the problem.

I rarely lag, and when I do, it's usually because my opponent has shitty internet. Nintendo's online isn't the best, but if you have good connection it works fine.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

SlowPokemon

Lol if you legitimately think Nintendo doesn't make good decisions and their hardware's capabilities are crappy I can't really take your argument seriously... though I sometimes have lag issues, it's only because my college's Internet is bad.

I don't think Nintendo is a disappointment in any way tbh but whatever! They're my favorite gaming company. No one else can give me magic like Nintendo can.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

I gotta say I'm not a fan of this game on the 3DS.  My friend brought it over and I was lucky enough to play it for a bit.
-New items are cool (gust bellows <3)
-Characters that have historically been annoying are still annoying
-Greninja was purposely made OP, and his up B is pikachu's quick attack but better (also bunny hood on this guy is ridic)
-Rosalina's ^B is the best recovery move in the game, but also least forgiving.
-The button scheme feels weird somehow.  Maybe I'm too used to the GCN, but the 3DS just feels uncomfortable.
-Palutena is probably my favorite character out of the ones I played.
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on October 27, 2014, 07:28:03 PMI gotta say I'm not a fan of this game on the 3DS.  My friend brought it over and I was lucky enough to play it for a bit.
-New items are cool (gust bellows <3)
-Characters that have historically been annoying are still annoying
-Greninja was purposely made OP, and his up B is pikachu's quick attack but better (also bunny hood on this guy is ridic)
-Rosalina's ^B is the best recovery move in the game, but also least forgiving.
-The button scheme feels weird somehow.  Maybe I'm too used to the GCN, but the 3DS just feels uncomfortable.
-Palutena is probably my favorite character out of the ones I played.

Wow, I think I disagree with you on every point you've made.
1. I don't like most of the new items, though the gust bellows are neat in concept. I find that items in general just annoy me in this iteration, but that might be because I'm older idk.
2. I don't understand what you mean by "characters that have historically been annoying" lol
3. Greninja was "purposely made OP?" You totally lost me?? The point of smash is that none of the characters are OP, not to mention I find Greninja really difficult to play with.
4. Rosalina is the best new character in the game period 8) though I guess I don't really have anything to disagree with here. The launch star element of her up-B move means that she's propelled a long way, but diagonally, so it takes some getting used to.
5. The button scheme is customizable and aside from the L and R buttons the button scheme is exactly the same so I don't really see how that's a valid complaint
6. Eh I have no opinion on Palutena, the general consensus is that she's the least fun interestingly. I don't hate her or anything but she's sort of bland.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.